Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that ALL of you are very busy, so I will try to keep this short (and with as less-as-possible emotions) and a little logical.

In another city I will visit later is an ENTJ who profoundly influenced me, in many good ways.
Because I have benifited alot from MB, I would like to share it with this mentor figure, as I am sure he would also benifit in his way.

As I do with many major events, I run rehersals in my mind. This mentor is very far above me in his expertise, and I get a cold sweat with the thought of trying to convince him about this new area.
I really want him to understand, and use it, and I am worried (do not underestimate my Fi-dom, you only have a light notion of this), I will get an intellectual thrashing which I cannot sufficiently defend beyond a shadow of empiracal doubts. But as well, I could become much lower in his estimation because of this "horoscope thing".
With the MB, I understand that if I hold my ground, he (as an ENTJ) could hold me in a better estimation.

And still, like a morbid death-wish, I want to share it with him.

Only on the side that I will proceed:
What arguement can I give?
What aproach?
Did some point convince you?

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you really want to share it with him. Just tell him a little about the system and what you have learned from it. He will be surprised there's something he hasn't (possibly) heard about and that'll drive him to read about it. I don't think you'll need to convince him, "check it out, you might find it interesting."

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you really want to share it with him. Just tell him a little about the system and what you have learned from it. He will be surprised there's something he hasn't (possibly) heard about and that'll drive him to read about it. I don't think you'll need to convince him, "check it out, you might find it interesting."
Thank you.
Your answer is reminisent how I get direct practical answers from Se types.
The problem is, in this case I already know he would not read "horoscopes". This is a man I know many years like a father.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you need a tissue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts