Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very new to dating and I'm rather unsure about going on a date tomorrow with an ENFP.

As an INFP, I'm not tremendously naturally talkative with new people. Is there anything that you think I could do to make it go well? We're going to cafe.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Just be yourself and be open to new ideas! :D The best thing you can be for an ENFP is yourself. Talk about the things you love and dreams and hopes. Don't worry to much about. ENFPs are usually fine as long as you're having a good time and enjoying yourself. Just go with the flow and see what happens. :) The point is, have fun and relax!

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,710 Posts
I always say challenge them. Though not to be confused with making an argument. Just spark their curiosity about a topic. Seduction of mindful conversations will get us further into a relationship than ones based on looks or lust.

Also don't be coy. I've noticed some INFPs like to be coy. We might miss the singles altogether. We're not like ENTJ and head driven to pursue you.

Be consistent. A lot of us are driven to seek out personalities like INTJ, INFJ, and ISTJ. The solid rock we can depend on.

Always keep an open mind. Being that your Fi driven remember if we spout something off we might not be insulting you. I've noticed a lot of INFPs get offended incredibly fast. I do however think an INFP and ENFP would get along pretty swell. I love my conversations with some INFPs on these forums.

Last but not least (You're an INFP, so I don't think this is going to be a problem) get ready for some strange whims. We can come off as complete weirdos to some.

One thing my husband did for me is the question game. I love it. We exchanged text like. What is your favorite superhero and why? What super powers would you want to have and why? He engaged my brain.

·
Registered
616 Posts
When you will be on date just be in the moment, don't daydream or question yourself. Act spontaneously and the interaction will go just fine.
Don't be afraid of blank in conversation, it's natural and it's happens in one point or another when you don't know someone. People try do avoid blank in conversation so she will be more likely want to try to re initiate the conversation.
Now some tips about sign of attraction =
- She laugh at your lame jokes
- She try to be close to you physically
- She look at you in the eyes
- She asks you personal questions

Now if you want to initiate physical touch, do it but only if you really want it and in the right circumstance it's always better. Well don't question yourself too much, be genuinely interesting about her, listen to her because that would give you clues about what to say next.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
Simply be yourself, that's the best thing you can do. ENFPs are generally easy going and accepting if you're being genuine. It's refreshing, even if you are not talkative, being yourself, actively listening, being present, being Real can make an average date seem not so average. You both naturally improvise.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,710 Posts
Ohh also last, whatever you do don't make fun of a group of people. We're very individualistic and love individuality. If someone comes in with a missing limb or odd looking, we might see beauty. I frown and shut down in front of someone making fun of another group. I was on a date one time (just coffee) from a guy from my gym. A group of cosplayers walked in, and he began making fun of them and being obnoxious. He never saw me again, and I would avoid him at all cost in the gym we shared.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the tips! It went quite well I think. He seemed a bit nervous actually, which i wasn't expecting. I have this image in my mind of extroverts being incapable of being nervous in social situations haha. I'm not terribly good at talking at length so I just ended up asking him a whole load of questions about himself. He was very cute.

And then at the end I thought he wasn't terribly interested because he was very non-committal when he said 'maybe we can meet again when I'm less busy sometime'. But then half an hour later he sent me a text apologizing for leaving so soon and telling me that he wanted to meet me again.

It's going to be Valentine's day on Tuesday and I thought it would be nice to see him then, but was also very unsure about whether it would be too serious to be talking about Valentine's day after having had coffee together once. I decided to go for it anyway because I didn't want to be alone on Valentine's. And he said yes. So pleased

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,710 Posts
Thanks for all the tips! It went quite well I think. He seemed a bit nervous actually, which i wasn't expecting. I have this image in my mind of extroverts being incapable of being nervous in social situations haha. I'm not terribly good at talking at length so I just ended up asking him a whole load of questions about himself. He was very cute.

And then at the end I thought he wasn't terribly interested because he was very non-committal when he said 'maybe we can meet again when I'm less busy sometime'. But then half an hour later he sent me a text apologizing for leaving so soon and telling me that he wanted to meet me again.

It's going to be Valentine's day on Tuesday and I thought it would be nice to see him then, but was also very unsure about whether it would be too serious to be talking about Valentine's day after having had coffee together once. I decided to go for it anyway because I didn't want to be alone on Valentine's. And he said yes. So pleased
ENFPs are the most introvert of the extrovert. Especially if we like someone. We become painfully shy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just be yourself. You guys are very similar and will likely have a lot in common, if not in your interests, then more than likely in your personality quirks. Also, he will maybe want to bring you out of your shell. Just let it happen. He will be pleased to find someone just as sensitive and sweet.

:chat02:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts