Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm supposed to theoretically. But I honestly haven't yet at all. I'm thinking it could be because ENTJ women prolly won't actually act FULL ENTJ because it doesn't match up with gender roles. But maybe not. I just don't really feel that much attraction. I feel much more attraction to ENFJs, INTPs, INFPs, and INTJs. What about you guys?

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
i don't think I've ever met an ENTJ girl IRL before, I've met some dudes though, and they're pricks.

Reactions: Aurum

·
Registered
203 Posts
Aren't INFJ women supposed to be a good match for INFP guys? I would think that an ENTJ women would just come on too strong and it wouldn't look very becoming to the outside world. There'd be this really strong female personality with a softer male one. It's just...odd. :/ As for me, an INFP female, I wouldn't rule out an ENTJ male. My dad is an ENTJ, so I know how they operate and how to get along with one, but I would hope they have as strong a Feeling side as I do a Thinking side!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm currently in a relationship with an ENTJ woman. There's a nine years age gap between us (I'm 26, she's 18), but somehow it has worked so far (since late june). I wouldn't have probably paid any attention to her, but once we had to have a long car drive together to a festival and later I saved her ass from a guy hitting on her our relationship got slowly started. I mean we just talked about life all the way there and back and I was like "wow, she's got brains". The essential thing to turn me on. Since we're both involved in punk scene, there was so much in common. At first it was just a fuckbuddies thing, but in a month or even less she was sold. And so was I. ENTJ'ts may look and act like bit bossy loudmouths in groups, but there's always the soft side. They dislike anything fake and INFP's are anything but fake. Since I'm older and more settled down / down to earth due all that I've been through, I offer her some stability. Being her first boyfriend who ain't a fuck-up from the scene ain't so bad deal. And she keeps me feeling young. Since we share common background and many values, there's always something to talk about, plus we really match in bed. Ok, sometimes I feel like an older brother or something (when it comes down to simple advices about life perspectives), but so far things have always worked out between us.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I mean we just talked about life all the way there and back and I was like "wow, she's got brains". The essential thing to turn me on. Since we're both involved in punk scene, there was so much in common. At first it was just a fuckbuddies thing, but in a month or even less she was sold. And so was I. ENTJ'ts may look and act like bit bossy loudmouths in groups, but there's always the soft side. They dislike anything fake and INFP's are anything but fake. Since I'm older and more settled down / down to earth due all that I've been through, I offer her some stability.And she keeps me feeling young. Since we share common background and many values, there's always something to talk about, plus we really match in bed. Ok, sometimes I feel like an older brother or something (when it comes down to simple advices about life perspectives), but so far things have always worked out between us.
ENTJs are not always bossy loudmouths. Besides, what's wrong with being a bit stubborn, somewhat loud, and opinionated? It's called being yourself. And "bossy" is called *taking charge*. If you don't take charge, who else will? If you've got a good idea for a hangout or whatever, planning it is fun.
That's like hating on an INFP guy for being sensitive. I don't like keeping my thoughts to myself.
PS.- the reason im stalking this thread & would like to know the answer to this question is because I like the INFP description..and my *dream guy* corresponds to the characteristics of INFP. Not that I don't love the entire male population, but INFP=sexy. :cool:

·
Registered
437 Posts
i have a friend who is an ENTJ
i think if we would've gotten romantically involved with each other it would've worked out great, not perfect, but great nonetheless.

·
Registered
873 Posts
At my old job, there was an ENTJ girl. I have learned A LOT from her - setting goals, being responsible, how to act in social settings and around new people, etc. She was very attracted to me because I knew something already about ENTJs (like my dad). I asked her logical riddles, talked about my (far-fetched) dreams, and acted goofy around each other. In the end, though, we decided to be friends. Although she is very physically attractive (she works out every morning around 5 or 6), at that time I wanted someone a bit more girly. And I wasn't too comfortable with interracial dating.

For an INFP male to be with an ENTJ female, I'd say go for it. She will push you and take charge, but really, her intention is to bring out the best in you. And since she's also intuitive, you can definitely share your dreams & aspirations with her and she'll listen, rationalize for you, and support you by giving you short, medium, and longterm goals to work on. Basically, she will be the army general while you are the king.

There's only 1 reason why I think an INFP male & ENTJ female relationship will not work out: if the INFP is very introverted and not open-minded

Be prepared to spend a LOT of energy, and I say that in a good way:crazy:

Tips:
Give each other riddles
Do wake up every morning early, but with a purpose
Be strictly honest - it's okay, directness (not rudeness) is one of the biggest turn-ons for the ENTJ female
Don't be a slouch - perhaps the biggest turn-off

·
Registered
873 Posts
As for my above comment on interracial dating, I want to make this clear: we are both Asians but from different countries. As an INFP, I don't look for quick flings, but rather the long-run wife materials. With my mom constantly in my head, I cannot marry anyone outside my race. Well, I agree due to culture & background.

·
Registered
782 Posts
For an INFP male to be with an ENTJ female, I'd say go for it. She will push you and take charge, but really, her intention is to bring out the best in you. And since she's also intuitive, you can definitely share your dreams & aspirations with her and she'll listen, rationalize for you, and support you by giving you short, medium, and longterm goals to work on. Basically, she will be the army general while you are the king.

There's only 1 reason why I think an INFP male & ENTJ female relationship will not work out: if the INFP is very introverted and not open-minded

Be prepared to spend a LOT of energy, and I say that in a good way:crazy:

Tips:
Give each other riddles
Do wake up every morning early, but with a purpose
Be strictly honest - it's okay, directness (not rudeness) is one of the biggest turn-ons for the ENTJ female
Don't be a slouch - perhaps the biggest turn-off
You hit the nail on the head dude. Well done.

Reactions: gaudy316

·
Registered
157 Posts
Aren't INFJ women supposed to be a good match for INFP guys? I would think that an ENTJ women would just come on too strong and it wouldn't look very becoming to the outside world. There'd be this really strong female personality with a softer male one. It's just...odd. :/ As for me, an INFP female, I wouldn't rule out an ENTJ male. My dad is an ENTJ, so I know how they operate and how to get along with one, but I would hope they have as strong a Feeling side as I do a Thinking side!
Yeah, I found that too. The last girl that I was really interested in was an ENTJ, but it just became very apparent that she was trying to be way too dominant, even when I'm the one that knows what I'm doing. The dominating and judging qualities had me feeling disoriented, and she made up her mind that I was too soft to be "the man", before I got a chance to prove her wrong.

INFJ women on the other hand are pretty awesome, they just get us INFP guys, and they're not threatening at all. It's really easy to "vibe".

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know I'm supposed to theoretically. But I honestly haven't yet at all. I'm thinking it could be because ENTJ women prolly won't actually act FULL ENTJ because it doesn't match up with gender roles. But maybe not. I just don't really feel that much attraction. I feel much more attraction to ENFJs, INTPs, INFPs, and INTJs. What about you guys?
If I had a dog that acted like an ENTJ, I'd shoot it. :tongue:

Seriously though: No. They're not worth the trouble it would take train them to act like a human being. They're just too stubborn.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Seriously though: No. They're not worth the trouble it would take train them to act like a human being. They're just too stubborn.
"Too stubborn" is exactly why you love ENTJs.
Admit it.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
If I had a dog that acted like an ENTJ, I'd shoot it. :tongue:

Is it wrong this made me laugh? :laughing:

Reactions: Laughmore

·
Registered
782 Posts
Eh, not 'love' . . . .

after a while it sinks in that that the game we're playing isn't a game at all for them -- it never stops. After that they mostly just make me tired.
you got this part right =_=
go XNTJ willpower ^_^

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
81 Posts
My best friend (ENTJ) and her boyfriend (INFP) make the cutest couple ever. She brings out the best in him and he gives her all the love and support she needs without being a jerk (something most guys who are into her seem to have a problem with)

Reactions: Krelian and Staryu

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
In theory, yes.
Mostly because I find I'm attracted to female INTJ's and being a type 6 having someone loyal and direct would be ideal.

Haven't met one yet tho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been in a relationship with a ENTJ woman for almost ten years. I've never met another so I can't compare. We couldn't be more opposite. Which can be a good thing when it comes to business matters. We have the whole "good cop, bad cop" thing down pretty good.

Our complaints would be that she has to keep herself busy 24/7, while even though I make a good living, I work as little as possible. I'm too spontaneous, always forgetting things(this just adds to adventure); she needs a week to get ready for a weekend gettaway. I often end up going alone. She's ten years younger(30) but feels the need to play a supervisory role in our relationship, which I often rebel against. She'll never understand the depth of my emotions, but she gives me my space when I'm on my own planet.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts