Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled across the ENFP thread with the same title. Starter claimed every ENFP they met had a high sex drive.

What do you INFPs think of that? Do you have a high sex drive? What would you class as a high sex drive?

I love sex!! But I don't know if I would say I have a high sex drive. If I don't feel that spark that passion & connection I don't want sex!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Mmm, I don't really think of that as a "personality thing"... I would say the way in which one goes about satiating (or repressing) one's sexual appetite could be related to personality type, but sex drive itself is more biological than psychological and is influenced by a variety of factors.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a high one, and to be honest, I hate it. Given that I have issues with sexuality, I'd rather have my sex drive killed off completely. Not that I'm worried about getting into a relationship or anything any time soon.

Doesn't bother me as much, I tend to take care of it routinely so I don't give much thought to it.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I don't think I have a high sex drive. However I do go through phases where nothing is going to get in the way of me getting some. For me stress is a high factor and if I have things on my mind then sex goes down the list somewhat. But a happy and healthy me... then perhaps?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
In all my relationships, I've never been a stranger to passion. Combine that desire with obsessive curiosity and overtime, the frequency of sex + the types of actions that took place, would increase significantly. At some points, it would be so often that we'd seemingly never get anything else done... it was a problem!

However, in the case of randoms (people you don't know well) & people you connect with on some levels, but not enough to actually date, I've had NO sexual desire.
I'm talking...
*Beautiful girls -- the kind that seemed completely out of my league, hopping on my lap without invitation.
*Some offering wild, anything I can imagine, sex.
*Flings / F' buddies.
*Girls that would cheat on their boyfriends OR wanted me to cheat on my girlfriend, everything hush. etc etc

In all of those cases, or similar, I've had no sexual desire whatsoever. I remember at one point this hot girl was just grinding her ass down onto my lap and I was specifically just thinking to myself "Hrm... I wonder why I'm not turned on by this. Ack, I hope I don't have ED or something!"

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I feel like my sex drive is pretty dynamic.
One week it will be completely under control, and basically non existent, then the next week it will be influencing my actions in an obvious manner. For example:increased flirting or attempts at flirting, more open to sleeping with people I barely know, Generally just noticing people in a more sexual way.

So, I guess between the two polarities I'm about average right???
Sometimes it doesn't feel like it ;p

·
Registered
19 Posts
My friends always joke about me in this regard. "It's always the quiet ones", etc. One guy I was making out with was so surprised at my behavior that he actually stopped and pulled back to say, "Oh my god...you are a HELLCAT!" I don't often get to express that side of myself. I would say that I am a highly sexual person, but I'm still a romantic, so I'm cautious about who I share that with. If frequency of sexual acts is heavily weighed in determining a person's level of sexual "drive", then maybe mine isn't so high. In terms of the nature of my sexuality, however, I certainly let my freak flag fly, in the right company ;D

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
However, in the case of randoms (people you don't know well) & people you connect with on some levels, but not enough to actually date, I've had NO sexual desire.
Same here man. Emotional connection makes the experience so much better, otherwise it's just a waste of time to me. Mix alcohol into the equation and that principle starts to blur though. :laughing:

@iinnffpp
potatoes need love too :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, I consider mine pretty low. But that's in comparison with people I'm around. I suppose it's very relative. Hm. I had a girlfriend in high school that ended and I don't know why. But I think I've always blamed sex, and now I'm kind of afraid of it. It still occupies a significant part of my mind I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts