Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a very high sex drive; which is not to imply that I am a slave to it in any way. Sex is simply always available in my personality. I could be reading a book, having a bath, arguing at work, hiking, depressed, or deeply asleep. And if my mate gave me a look, it would be on (like donkey kong[sorry *hangs head*]).

I was a virgin until I was 24, and my sex drive was never low. I'm always the master of it. Very, very rarely does it interfere with my life.

I dont feel abnormal for my sex drive though. It always seemed appropriate, although I've known plenty of people with lower sex drives. And in a similar note, I dont think it has much to do with Keirsey Temperment. Although how we treat and/or accept our sex drive certainly does.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I guess I'll also ask the question: "What's high?" I'd need it every day to be satisfied, and when under stress, even more. My real preference is impractical though.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I expected to read more about enneagram instinctual stackings, I was disappointed.

To me sex is all about connection, thus I'm not really interested in casual sex the way my mates are. I can't really imagine having sex without that deep, passionate emotional connection. To me it's just hollow and deeply depressing. However, once that connection is there I'm very passionate.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't need sex so no, I would say I don't. But........
I read somewhere that 75% of women cannot reach orgasm from intercourse???
I am happy to say I'm a part of the 25% that can, and very quickly at that :)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
wait so you... you just... not to be creepy but do you go to parties and say " HEY YOU. BED. NOW" ... in a more seductive manner than i just described? im just curious
No, I'd say to my boyfriend 'HEY YOU, BED, NOW' or if I really am feeling frisky I'll skip the words and just throw him on the bed.

I may want sex, but not for just anybody. I enjoy sex because I ike being close to my partner and the intimacy it involves.

Reactions: mushr00m

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I don't need sex so no, I would say I don't. But........
I read somewhere that 75% of women cannot reach orgasm from intercourse???
Sounds a slight tad simplified and exaggerated.

Edit: Actually, those numbers probably refer to vaginal orgasm versus clitoral orgasm. They could fit like that.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would say I have a very high sex drive! However, when I'm not in a relationship it does dip a bit because I have no particular person to fixate on. To be honest, my first and only before my fiance was not my sexual cup o tea. He was selfish and flaky and eventually my inexperience got to him and annoyed him. He was mad that I couldn't... ahem finish, or rather that he couldn't help me get there. It's because there was no connection! It was about his satisfaction, and just knowing the amount of partners he had before me...I knew I wasn't up to par and he didn't want to use patience. He wanted me to try everything immediately, which made me uncomfortable and self conscious. There was no sweetness to help me out of my shell.

However... I can very happily say that my fiance does it for me completely :) He practically worships everything about me, he compliments me constantly, touches me all the time. He is like an addict for me which turns me on more than anything else possibly could. I find myself imagining all the new things I want to do with him, all the things I want him to feel. I definitely get off on his satisfaction and desire. We are in a very long distance relationship, countries apart currently, and we still manage to keep our sex life very active! Yay for phones and the internet... I'd say I'm learning VERY quickly with not a trace of self consciousness or insecurity ;)

Edit: My previous bf was ESFP, my fiance is ENFP

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mmm, I don't really think of that as a "personality thing"... I would say the way in which one goes about satiating (or repressing) one's sexual appetite could be related to personality type, but sex drive itself is more biological than psychological and is influenced by a variety of factors.
And what if I were to throw a spanner in the works and say that psychological processes are biological? :p

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
When I was with my Ex I did had a high sex drive. I don't really know the real meaning of having a high sex drive, but in my last relationship I had sex pretty frequently. My ex was very good at turning me on so it was very easy. If I am in a relationship with a person who doesn't seduce me then is hard to get turned on.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
What funny is that one day my ex and I had an argument and he accused me of not being a virgin when I was with him. It makes me wonder wether he though I was "experienced". I never had any intimacy with any man before him, what I knew I learned from other sources and I just went with the flow. When you connect deeply with someone, love making is natural.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I expected to read more about enneagram instinctual stackings, I was disappointed.

To me sex is all about connection, thus I'm not really interested in casual sex the way my mates are. I can't really imagine having sex without that deep, passionate emotional connection. To me it's just hollow and deeply depressing. However, once that connection is there I'm very passionate.
Agreed. Sex in itself means little without the beauty of a meaningful connection. Also, "sex drive", which is a very subjective thing to begin with, has little to do with personality type. True love brings out the fire igniting in our bodies, hearts, and minds. Casual sex to satisfy a "craving" is not something that would make me happy, nor do I feel (nor want) such urges. I am sexual, but I am not really drawn to casual encounters at all. Similarly, I don't feel I am missing out on anything because of this, and that doing the opposite (partaking in casual sex) would actually impoverish me emotionally-which doesn't mean it must be the same way for everybody else.)

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts

What is "instinctual stackings"?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I fucking hate my sex drive. I lose all sense of reason as soon as it gets going and my otherwise tight moral code gets blurred. Thankfully that realization can help to snap me out of doing something I'll regret, but it's a painful and frustrating transition.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I have a high sex drive, but I don't act on it with anyone, because I also have really extreme standards, and haven't found anyone compatible with me who is able to remain so for an extended period of time.

Reactions: pyjujiop

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
I have an extremely high sex drive. I agree with the people who say that it is not related to personality type but rather just biological factors. It's always bemused me when I've heard people say that women have lower sex drives than men because for me that is not the case at all, and has in previous relationships led to frustration for my part. I generally keep it under control by just getting off regularly though I can become preoccupied by thinking about it with my vivid imagination and all.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
From 13 to 26 about all I could think about was sex. That only changed when I got married, had constant sex & was able to finally focus on other things. I wonder how different my life would have been without a libido. The energy of dealing with constant sexual repression & angst would instead be used to get through school, think, achieve personal goals, etc. On the other hand I couldn't deal with being single until I'm 75 either.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What funny is that one day my ex and I had an argument and he accused me of not being a virgin when I was with him. It makes me wonder wether he though I was "experienced". I never had any intimacy with any man before him, what I knew I learned from other sources and I just went with the flow. When you connect deeply with someone, love making is natural.

Well, I hope this doesn't happen to me! lol

41 - 60 of 91 Posts