Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to learn more about each personality type so please answer for your personality.

As an INFP I would give it away and help people that need it more than myself. Of course I would keep enough so I would not have to work in the future. But I wonder what others would do with such a large amount of money?

·
Registered
111 Posts
With 50 million dollars?
I would make sure at least one dream of each person in my close family becomes true.
Then I would give a lot of money to soup kitchens and shelters for homeless.
I'd keep enough for university and being able to travel whenever I want.

Reactions: Blue Butterfly

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With 50 million dollars?
I would make sure at least one dream of each person in my close family becomes true.
Then I would give a lot of money to soup kitchens and shelters for homeless.
I'd keep enough for university and being able to travel whenever I want.

Yes, we would have very simulator dreams. I would most likely go back to collage and study everything. But helping others would be a big priority too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i would give my family a lottt of it and just keep enough to have fun and buy cars clothes and things that also arent materialistic to make me happy. my family would get a lot of it though and probably do better things with the money

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would give my family a lottt of it and just keep enough to have fun and buy cars clothes and things that also arent materialistic to make me happy. my family would get a lot of it though and probably do better things with the money

Nice that you recogonize that your family would use the money wisely. That tells me you truely trust your family.

·
Premium Member
15,198 Posts
Oh yes.... and so I dream now.... :happy:

My needs and the needs of my family come first. I would:

• Quit my job.
  • Discuss w/husband would he consider moving to hawaii w/me.
  • Buy beautiful home on Big Island Hawaii
  • I would probably never work again.
  • I would pay off what is left of the balance on my parent's homes.
  • I would ask my parents did they need any money for anything else.
  • I would ask my sister, did she need any money for anything.
  • After I am taken care of, family is taken care of... I would start to pick people in my life that are important to me, very close friends, I would put money in an envelope and just hand it to them.
  • I would build a ranch on the Big Island for homeless dogs of the world. I would hire the best staff to run it.
  • Before I left where my home is now, I would donate a lot to various local SPCAs.
  • Before I left this area where I live now, I would go to the local shopping area and drop 1,000s on the ground or drive around in my car and throw them out the window at people.
I think that is it. If I have forgotten something .............. whoops, just remembered, husband's sister is cool, I'd ask her if she wanted any money and then give her some.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yes.... and so I dream now.... :happy:

My needs and the needs of my family come first. I would:

• Quit my job.
  • Discuss w/husband would he consider moving to hawaii w/me.
  • Buy beautiful home on Big Island Hawaii
  • I would probably never work again.
  • I would pay off what is left of the balance on my parent's homes.
  • I would ask my parents did they need any money for anything else.
  • I would ask my sister, did she need any money for anything.
  • After I am taken care of, family is taken care of... I would start to pick people in my life that are important to me, very close friends, I would put money in an envelope and just hand it to them.
  • I would build a ranch on the Big Island for homeless dogs of the world. I would hire the best staff to run it.
  • Before I left where my home is now, I would donate a lot to various local SPCAs.
  • Before I left this area where I live now, I would go to the local shopping area and drop 1,000s on the ground or drive around in my car and throw them out the window at people.
I think that is it. If I have forgotten something .............. whoops, just remembered, husband's sister is cool, I'd ask her if she wanted any money and then give her some.
I want to be around you when you win the money. You would be a lot of fun to watch. Especially just throwing the money around. That one act could change a lot of peoples lives.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Straight to the bank. :laughing:
I'd save it forever, withdrawing only what I need. I'd make it last so I'd (hopefully) never have to worry about financial instability.

A portion would, of course, go to certain charities and causes I support. But.. most of it would be spent (saved, in this case) selfishly. I would probably be more giving of my time instead, which I'd no doubt have more than enough of, seeing as I likely wouldn't need a job.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Straight to the bank. :laughing:
I'd save it forever, withdrawing only what I need. I'd make it last so I'd (hopefully) never have to worry about financial instability.

A portion would, of course, go to certain charities and causes I support. But.. most of it would be spent (saved, in this case) selfishly. I would probably be more giving of my time instead, which I'd no doubt have more than enough of, seeing as I likely wouldn't need a job.
Nice to hear that you would give your time. I think if people used more time to help others the world could be changed by one person at a time. I like what you would do with the money too. You would make sure that you are cared for for the rest of your life. Very sensible indeed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Help some of my friends and family that are in debt. Then I would start some sort of company/organization either dedicated to stopping sweatshops or providing clean drinking water, and use the rest to live somewhat comfortably.

I would grow my hair and beard out..no need to impress anyone if I don't need money. haha.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Help some of my friends and family that are in debt. Then I would start some sort of company/organization either dedicated to stopping sweatshops or providing clean drinking water, and use the rest to live somewhat comfortably.

I would grow my hair and beard out..no need to impress anyone if I don't need money. haha.
You made me laugh about growing out your hair. Yes in today's world to make it they expect us INFP's to look like a drone of the rest of the world. I really liked your idea of stopping the sweatshops. Those poor people that work in them are nothing more than just slaves. I would like to see that stopped too. I hope you get millions of dollars in your life to do all these wonderful things.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Donate the whole flipping thing to renewable energy research and technology and animal/plant species preservation straight away.

I am dead serious.

If I kept some, i'd have a taste of what it is to be well off, and i'd be hesitant to give any more away :wink:

If I gave the whole amount away without too much contemplation, I wouldn't 'miss it', or mourn my 'loss'

I am only 19, i'd like to be able to live on a planet that isn't falling apart in front of my eyes as I age.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Donate the whole flipping thing to renewable energy research and technology and animal/plant species preservation straight away.

I am dead serious.

If I kept some, i'd have a taste of what it is to be well off, and i'd be hesitant to give any more away :wink:

If I gave the whole amount away without too much contemplation, I wouldn't 'miss it', or feel like I couldn't part with it.

I am only 19, i'd like to be able to live on a planet that isn't falling apart in front of my eyes as I age.

You are the first person that said they would give it all away. But what you state is true that if you gave it away very fast you would not miss it. Your comment inspired me very much! I hope you get millions of dollars in you life!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd keep 5 million and donate the rest to people who are starving, renewable energy and saving the environment.

It blows my mind that people honestly don't think the environment is in any threat.

·
Registered
81 Posts

I am dead serious.

If I gave the whole amount away without too much contemplation, I wouldn't 'miss it', or mourn my 'loss'

Ohhhhh you are definitely an idealist...it's ok to be a little selfish and keep a little...I'm sure you deserve some of it : )

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd keep 5 million and donate the rest to people who are starving, renewable energy and saving the environment.

It blows my mind that people honestly don't think the environment is in any threat.

Most people are so caught up in their own lives they can't see that the environment needs help too. But I think it would be a very wise use of money. I hope you get those millions some day. The environment does need help.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I would pay off my moms house (or buy her a new one, which ever she wanted). I would pay off my closest friends bills so they could have a fresh start. I would donate a portion to my local animal shelter so they could help more animals.

And for myself...I would travel all over Europe. Probably a backpacking trip...just get on the Eurorail and go wherever it takes me.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I wouldn't know what to do with it, in fact I don't even know what to do with the money I make daily lol. I would probably help some needy people.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Ohhhhh you are definitely an idealist...it's ok to be a little selfish and keep a little...I'm sure you deserve some of it : )
Hehe

Nah, my countries' water supplies are slowly dwindling. We've had extreme water restrictions where I live for a few years now... I'm more a realist if anything :p They say the next wars will be wars over resources like water...

I have no care for exploiting money when my access to basic necessities for living are limited or denied :wink:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd buy a nice house, a nice car and leave a few million so I would never have to work again. Then use the money to help those that would make the most impact. How about some poor man or woman who has never been so poor as to need assistance for the everyday things in life. But, has never had the opportunity, even as a child to take a real vacation and see the wonderful things that are out there in the world. Sending this person on a 2 week vacation to Yellowstone or the Smokey Mountains, or to New York, or Washington DC would be enough to reawaken them as a person and make them care a lot more about the planet and the people who share it with them.

You can't fix any of the world's major problems with only $40 million dollars, but you could inspire a lot of people to dream about doing more good in their life, which I think would have more impact than donating it to any charity.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts