Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Still, it doesn't sound like you know HIM, therefore it's an infatuation. You keep mentioning looks he gives, but that doesn't tell you about his views on the world, what he likes to do in his leisure time, places he's traveled, movies he likes, his favorite food, if he wants children and his views on raising them, the way he takes his coffee, etc. I'm sorry about your Father passing, and it was very nice of your Professor to offer support, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was meant to be anything more than that.

So I stick with my original response in your other thread...you are idealizing him.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still, it doesn't sound like you know HIM, therefore it's an infatuation. You keep mentioning looks he gives, but that doesn't tell you about his views on the world, what he likes to do in his leisure time, places he's traveled, movies he likes, his favorite food, if he wants children and his views on raising them, the way he takes his coffee, etc. I'm sorry about your Father passing, and it was very nice of your Professor to offer support, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was meant to be anything more than that.

So I stick with my original response in your other thread...you are idealizing him.
If he is not married and if he is not my professor, then I would have gotten to know him more at a deeper level instead of avoiding him and running away. First, it's the physical attraction, then infatuation, and then love, right? I wouldn't say that I love him, but I am very attracted to him but too bad he is married. There's nothing I can do about that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If he is not married and if he is not my professor, then I would have gotten to know him more at a deeper level instead of avoiding him and running away. First, it's the physical attraction, then infatuation, and then love, right? I wouldn't say that I love him, but I am very attracted to him but too bad he is married. There's nothing I can do about that.
So you really are in love with a married men....that's wrong and a little sick lady... I suggest you go back to your first thread and print out all of our advices and check with this professor and find out if he really is in love with you too, if his marriage was fine( ie. mutually faithful) , but he still cannot stop thinking about you too, then you must go ahead and fuck up your life and this man's life and ruin this man's wife's life, and be together, we all wish the best for you, if you are not the first girl he cheated with behind his wife's back, then it's even better, since it will only be your own life that's been ruined.

Sorry my native language is not english as well, so I cannot think of a crazier word then fuck up. ENTJs please help...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also, if he ends up divorce his wife or make her miserable just because he wanted to pursuit you while you make your self available, it won't be because he loves you so much, it's because he's a fucking sick dude and a disgusting human being. (which makes you one too since you let him.)

On the other hand, if this ENTJ in question was not interested in you from the very start...then please stop posting anything about him anymore for at least 3 months and focus on something else, tune into sports channel and watch Lin play basketball maybe, and make yourself yearn for 20 year old boy's young body instead of other wife's middle age dudes.

Enjoy your life friend.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm willing to offer her a rehearsal script (in asian english style too, how nice) to confront this ENTJ professor. :)
I would confront him if he is single. But since he is married, I would not confront him because I know things will not end good between us. In fact, I am in this stage where I act like I don't like him. I am trying to confuse him. (e.g., when he looks at me I look away. when he walks toward me, I walk in the other direction). I don't think he knows what's going on in my mind at this moment. I don't want him to figure me out. I want to be mysterious to him. Instead of letting him get to know me, I try to do the opposite.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would confront him if he is single. But since he is married, I would not confront him because I know things will not end good between us. In fact, I am in this stage where I act like I don't like him. I am trying to confuse him. (e.g., when he looks at me I look away. when he walks toward me, I walk in the other direction). I don't think he knows what's going on in my mind at this moment. I don't want him to figure me out. I want to be mysterious to him. Instead of letting him get to know me, I try to do the opposite.
Dear, I'm just kidding.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Dear Diary ... *sigh*

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
This post got me thinking...if I knew that a woman was plotting and thinking like this about my Husband, I'd want to kick her in the teeth, haha! I've seen women come on to him, and some have straight up thrown themselves at him, but it never entered my mind that they might actually think about it this hard.

OP, you are wanting to be mysterious to lure him in, not to run him off.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I think you lack insight into the role and personality of a psychologist.

When operating in the field of cognitive therapy, your role is to observe and observe only. Ask a few questions and resume observing. It is obvious that this is what he's doing.

You mention that he can act flirty or even playful at times. Psychologists aren't playful or flirty like the rest of us are when we do it. Psychologists know a lot about humans, and as a result they also know how to present themselves. Most likely, he's just responding to other people the way they prefer others to respond to them. I.E. he's creating harmony.

And as a psychologist, I think it's only natural that he offered to help you when your father passed away. It is not a date out of a Hollywood movie, it's a man who's lending you his expertise.

If he had any problems in his marriage, you can count on that he'd apply therapy to mend his relationship, not chase romance a with one of his students.

I grew up in the arms of psychology, and this behavior is not untypical of this special breed of humans.
What I think is very strange is how you determine what type he is by the looks he gives you.
ESTPs are radically different from ENTPs and ENTJs. You wouldn't make a mistake that big unless you lack experience with MBTI, which it kinda seems like you do as you can't differentiate between ENTPs, ENTJs and ESTPs.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Also, as a follow-up to my previous post here, I must add something.

You can't be sure that he's not an F. This coincides with their role as an observer.
They are supposed to absorb and interpret what other people are feeling, not the other way around.
He may seem like a T because of his composure, but keep in mind that he's studied the human mind for years. He is very likely to be able to cope with his feelings without having to project all his worries onto others.

Face it. You don't know this man like he knows you.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Wait a minute ... this sounds familiar ... I've seen this movie ...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.