Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello hey I need your help.
I just recently got into this personality thing so excuse me if I still need time figuring it all out. I did sooo many tests recently, but I always get other results. Only thing I'm totally sure of is that I'm an Introvert, not the biggest Introvert but I just am - no reason to think about that twice. I'm Ella, 17 years old, straight, no mental disorders.

I decided to do one of those questionnare things so maybe you can help me and try figuring out what/who I am ? Ill give you my endless love :happy:

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Oh Shit of course this had to happen, first of all someone who actually knows something about cars has to check what is wrong and if we can fix it and still be on time. If not we should call someone who can either pick us up or fix the car.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Ugh yay parties with tons of people I don't know .. not my kind of night. I would not do it, they can have fun, I would take a taxi and drive home. Why would I go to this party if I don't want to ?

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would say what I feel ? I would tell him my beliefs (truly believing they're the right ones) and probably not back down until he realized what crap he is talking right now. I would make sure to give reliable facts that make my side of the argument look more believable and right than his.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Oh I would think about it, analyze it. Rethink if my belief and if that changes anything about my view of things. I would ask questions, trying to figure out more about it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Imagination, Staying true to yourself, Standing up for what you believe in, going after your own dreams, Creativity, Idealism, Kindness, Being open minded, Courage.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) If I believe in something I stick with it. I don't care if people don't like me for my idea, I will always follow my beliefs and be who I want to be. I say what I think and I stand up for myself and the people closest to me but still - on my other side I'm a dreamer, I get so lost in my thoughts that I often forget my surroundings. I'm hopeless romantic and often dream about the perfect life.

b) If I could express my emotions better - that would be wonderful, I'm talking about being in love, putting what I think into words. Also being a little bit more of a realist would be great haha

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Often when I can't decide between two things I rely on my gut feelings. Also in things like art, love, friends and family the only thing I trust are my gut feelings - especially in love there often is no logic at all so my gut feelings always let me where I needed to be. Gut feelings tend to make my best decisions.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) drawing, writing, reading, watching tv, yoga, swimming, sitting on the beach, talking long walks, listening to music, thinking about life, being on my laptop, being with the people I love, going to the cinema, editing pictures, organizing my room.

b) group projects, math (!!!!!), being with people that make me feel uncomfortable, stress situations, being the center of attention, being distracted from my work, dealing with unintelligent, uncreative, dumb people.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I can't hold in if something is doing something wrong (especially to other people) or being an asshole, I just have to say something, even if it's just to my friends and not directly to this person. When people close to me ask me if I like their clothes etc. I often lie because I don't wanna hurt their feelings even though they look ridiculous. I often do not listen to people if they talk about something I don't really care about but if they talk about something I love I get really excited and can't stop talking. I try to make people feel comfortable so they don't feel bad about themselves, I always try to make people feel beautiful telling them that they are perfect just the way they are.

Guuuys please please help me. I just really want to know what type I am but I'm major confused so if you could help me I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Very much ISFP. You'll probably relate strongly to INFP, but the answers here suggest Se-Ni, not Ne-Si.

For example, take answer 4:
I would say what I feel ? I would tell him my beliefs (truly believing they're the right ones) and probably not back down until he realized what crap he is talking right now. I would make sure to give reliable facts that make my side of the argument look more believable and right than his.
The certainty here is Ni--INFPs tend to be more cognizant of how different perspectives might lead people to different conclusions. The refusal to give in--that's Se.

There are actually quite a few triggers for Se--accepting the world the way it is, not wanting to hold things in, bias toward action, making "gut feeling" based decisions, certainty and self-assuredness about your beliefs.

On INFJ, You've go such a strong Fi-dominant personality, it's not possible. But you're getting it because you're a strong Ni user, like ISFPs are.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Very much ISFP. You'll probably relate strongly to INFP, but the answers here suggest Se-Ni, not Ne-Si.

For example, take answer 4:

The certainty here is Ni--INFPs tend to be more cognizant of how different perspectives might lead people to different conclusions. The refusal to give in--that's Se.

There are actually quite a few triggers for Se--accepting the world the way it is, not wanting to hold things in, bias toward action, making "gut feeling" based decisions, certainty and self-assuredness about your beliefs.

On INFJ, You've go such a strong Fi-dominant personality, it's not possible. But you're getting it because you're a strong Ni user, like ISFPs are.
I would agree with that analysis.
a) drawing, writing, reading, watching tv, yoga, swimming, sitting on the beach, talking long walks, listening to music, thinking about life, being on my laptop, being with the people I love, going to the cinema, editing pictures, organizing my room.
Seems Se to me.
@ellamarie, I would consider ISFP to be your type.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I read it and thought either INFP or ISFP. What's really strong is the Fi, but I agree with the posters above that ISFP is most likely.

What kind of things do you do for fun? What would an ideal day look like? Can you describe a time that you remember as a really fun time? Those kinds of answers would help distinguish between Ne and Se for an auxiliary function.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much for your answers. I have to say I can relate to both ISFP and INFP, but I have to say that ISFP might be more like me.

And to your questions @eb44345 to be honest my ideal day would just be sitting or walking on the beach, writing, thinking or drawing. Maybe also swimming in the ocean just be by myself and create something. I also really enjoy watching movies with my best friends or my parents, its always fun or just going to the cinema together. I have fun just being by myself and doing the things I love oh and music, I love discovering new music and new movies - I always get super excited and happy about that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here are my thoughts on your type.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Ugh yay parties with tons of people I don't know .. not my kind of night. I would not do it, they can have fun, I would take a taxi and drive home. Why would I go to this party if I don't want to ?
Seems I.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Seems FP.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Imagination, Staying true to yourself, Standing up for what you believe in, going after your own dreams, Creativity, Idealism, Kindness, Being open minded, Courage.
Seems FP.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) If I believe in something I stick with it. I don't care if people don't like me for my idea, I will always follow my beliefs and be who I want to be. I say what I think and I stand up for myself and the people closest to me but still - on my other side I'm a dreamer, I get so lost in my thoughts that I often forget my surroundings. I'm hopeless romantic and often dream about the perfect life.
Seems FP and seems N.

b) If I could express my emotions better - that would be wonderful, I'm talking about being in love, putting what I think into words. Also being a little bit more of a realist would be great haha
Seems N.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Often when I can't decide between two things I rely on my gut feelings. Also in things like art, love, friends and family the only thing I trust are my gut feelings - especially in love there often is no logic at all so my gut feelings always let me where I needed to be. Gut feelings tend to make my best decisions
Seems F.

b) group projects, math (!!!!!), being with people that make me feel uncomfortable, stress situations, being the center of attention, being distracted from my work, dealing with unintelligent, uncreative, dumb people.
Seems I.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I can't hold in if something is doing something wrong (especially to other people) or being an asshole, I just have to say something, even if it's just to my friends and not directly to this person. When people close to me ask me if I like their clothes etc. I often lie because I don't wanna hurt their feelings even though they look ridiculous. I often do not listen to people if they talk about something I don't really care about but if they talk about something I love I get really excited and can't stop talking. I try to make people feel comfortable so they don't feel bad about themselves, I always try to make people feel beautiful telling them that they are perfect just the way they are.
Seems F.

I have fun just being by myself and doing the things I love
Seems I.

You are clearly an Fi user, it comes across very clearly. I believe your type is INFP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of your answers, I actually just watched a few videos about the differences between ISFP and INFP and have to say that I can relate to ISFP way more than INFP.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You seem like a Fi dominant. You defiantly have Si and Ne so I would say INFP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any more thoughts anyone ? Can someone point out the most important differences between INFP and ISFP ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Any more thoughts anyone ? Can someone point out the most important differences between INFP and ISFP ?
I suggest heading over to the forums for both these types and looking around the threads to see which one suits you best. You can also take a look at the NF and SP forums and compare the differences in the two temperaments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts