Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.945
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||||||||| 8.11
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||| 6.68
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||| 6.45
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||| 2.62
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||| 2.08
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||| 1.8
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||| 1

Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is very developed.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is low.

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: INFJ
or Second Possibility: ENTP
or Third Possibility: ENFJ

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Ni - Ne - Fe - Ti - Te - Fi - Se - Si

:::

1. Is there any information, other than those about the cognitive functions, which can be revealed from the personality type?
  2. I think the second result can accurately show my preference of cognitive functions I use in my daily life, but I did many different MBTI personality tests and the results all were INFP. Which type would I be? :crying:

Stupid me. :blushed:
I guess that, a personality type is just a 4-letter symbol, which refers to a particular set of cognitive functions with corresponding priorities. :bored:

In the past, I spent a lot of time on reflecting about my morality. I wanted to find out that what would be right or wrong, and what would be good or bad in an absolute sense.
The final answer is that the metaphysical sense of rightness or goodness is meaningless, and the rightness or goodness must depend on one's subjective feelings. But I also think that all guys' subjective feelings are just based on humans' objective nature. I think my conclusion is based on logical reasoning, but I think one's judgment or motivation of actions should be based on one's subjective feeling.
Now, I act and live according to my feelings, but not the cost-benefit calculations.
From this experience, I don't know whether I am a T or F. :crazy:

(1) I enjoy being alone, but I will miss my friends easily. I hate parties where contain lots of people, but I enjoy talking with anyone even though he/she is just a new acquaintance when we have a common topic. I sometimes feel regret that I say too much which is unnecessary with my friends, but I continue to talk a lot when I meet them next day. (2) I like one of the concepts in Buddhism, anattā. I think that it is better for me to eliminate my feelings, desires or thoughts, and to spend more time on others' goodness or welfare. From these experiences, I don't know whether I am a I or E. :rolleyes:

I hate planning. I like rushing or doing things spontaneously. I guess I would be a P.

Lastly, I am quite sure that I would be a N. :kitteh:

Thank you!

1,636 Posts
@wah330 Lol well this is funky... can't conclude like this...try to give smth about yourself...why would you believe you are ENTP or INFJ or INFP?

Reactions: wah330

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Those are some weird-ass function results. I'd say you're either INFJ, or ENTP, with INFJ being slightly more likely.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Cognitive tests are better than MBTI tests, but some of them aren't that accurate. I notice the cognitive functions test here on PerC has some flaws. Here's a possibly slightly more accurate one: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Although, don't take all tests completely seriously. It is best to view tests more as a "loose guide" to point you to what you could be and what preferences for functions you may have. :) After that, it is best simply to gather information and self-reflect. ^^

·
Registered
643 Posts
to be confused with both infp and entp, i would guess you as infj. but, i always find it strange w hen INFJs can't identify themselves.. just seems preposterous to me :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess that, a personality type is just a 4-letter symbol, which refers to a particular set of cognitive functions with corresponding priorities. :bored:

In the past, I spent a lot of time on reflecting about my morality. I wanted to find out that what would be right or wrong, and what would be good or bad in an absolute sense.
The final answer is that the metaphysical sense of rightness or goodness is meaningless, and the rightness or goodness must depend on one's subjective feelings. But I also think that all guys' subjective feelings are just based on humans' objective nature. I think my conclusion is based on logical reasoning, but I think one's judgment or motivation of actions should be based on one's subjective feeling.
Now, I act and live according to my feelings, but not the cost-benefit calculations.

(1) I enjoy being alone, but I will miss my friends easily. I hate parties where contain lots of people, but I enjoy talking with anyone even though he/she is just a new acquaintance when we have a common topic. I sometimes feel regret that I say too much which is unnecessary with my friends, but I continue to talk a lot when I meet them next day. (2) I like one of the concepts in Buddhism, anattā. I think that it is better for me to eliminate my feelings, desires or thoughts, and to spend more time on others' goodness or welfare. From these experiences, I don't know whether I am a I or E. :rolleyes:

I hate planning. I like rushing or doing things spontaneously. I guess I would be a P.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@wah330 - You seem like an F. And you sound like an E. ^^ I'm Extroverted, but I'm a very "introverted" extrovert. Of course I prefer one-on-one conversations when I meet a bunch of people, but I also just like being around people in general. I love talking and am freely open, but at the same time I have this reserved side. I can be a bit loud and more talkative than usual around my friends, but then I also have quiet contemplative moments. I talk a lot, but I also listen a lot. However, I must be around people and I must socialize with somebody, otherwise I wilt. <-- Extrovert.

I see E in you. I'm pretty sure you're a Feeler. Do you factor feelings into the equation more often than not when making a decision? Your own feelings and/or other peoples' feeling?

If deadlines are elastic and your mind changes quite a lot even after coming to a decision and you like keeping things loose, that could be an indicator you're a P.

Also, watch out, it's extremely hard to indicate whether one is S or N on any test. First of all, a lot of people have a bias against Sensory types because Sensory types are often looked down upon by iNtuitive types for whatever reason. I will kindly spare you from my Sensory versus iNtuitive speech for now. x3 But I want to ask you, why do you think you're an N? How are you so sure?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@wah330 - You seem like an F. And you sound like an E. ^^ I'm Extroverted, but I'm a very "introverted" extrovert. Of course I prefer one-on-one conversations when I meet a bunch of people, but I also just like being around people in general. I love talking and am freely open, but at the same time I have this reserved side. I can be a bit loud and more talkative than usual around my friends, but then I also have quiet contemplative moments. I talk a lot, but I also listen a lot. However, I must be around people and I must socialize with somebody, otherwise I wilt. <-- Extrovert.
Would you thin that you are a very extroverted introvert?
How would you distinguish those two? :kitteh:
I see E in you. I'm pretty sure you're a Feeler. Do you factor feelings into the equation more often than not when making a decision? Your own feelings and/or other peoples' feeling?
Yes! There is a formula and the feeling factors are the most important variables!
If the decision does not involve the ones who are important than me, then I will consider my own feelings first. Otherwise, others', the ones who are more important than myself. :tongue:
Also, watch out, it's extremely hard to indicate whether one is S or N on any test. First of all, a lot of people have a bias against Sensory types because Sensory types are often looked down upon by iNtuitive types for whatever reason. I will kindly spare you from my Sensory versus iNtuitive speech for now. x3 But I want to ask you, why do you think you're an N? How are you so sure?
I am a student. I revise my textbook and notes and other materials. I like theories and the main trunk, but not the details or facts. :ninja:

An off-topic question: Would the philosopher, Wittgenstein, be a N or S?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@wah330 - Most introverts have no doubt that they are introverted. An extroverted introvert would be like an INFJ, who has extroverted feeling and will therefore be extroverted around his/her friends, but doesn't reach "outwards" necessarily. Extroverts see the outside world as something that isn't scary and easy to get along with. Introverts see the outside world as overwhelming at times, a bit scary, and they attempt to take the outside and relate it to the "inside" of themselves. Best way I can describe it. ^^

Sensory people like theories and the main trunk, and some of them aren't particularly keen on details or facts. ;) Also, both iNtuitive types and Sensory types like the "big picture". They just have different ways of seeing it. Here be a quote (courtesy of Spades):

Se sees everything in the present moment as it is. The big picture is how all the sensory elements tie together in that moment.
Ne sees everything in the present moment as it could be. The big picture is how all the implied ideas tie together in that moment.
Si sees everything as a continuous process, accumulating from the past to the present moment. The big picture is the process.
Ni sees everything as an unfolding process, projecting from the present moment into the future. The big picture is the process.

Si and Ne work together to incorporate present intuitive data into their sensory process, giving a big picture.
Se and Ni work together to incorporate present sensory data into their intuitive process, giving a big picture.
Also, Sensory types tend to like learning "how" first so that then they may grasp "why", while for iNtuitives, it is the opposite. They generally must learn "why" so they can grasp "how".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have finished the Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes! :laughing:

And the result is:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.5)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.2)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.5)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.6)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.7)
excellent use

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@wah330 - it should have told you what type you were based on your results. What did it say?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The quote is so great!

I believe that the metaphysical discussion about the reality is meaningless if that does not link with the daily-life. Language is just a social constructing tool for communicating and thinking, but does not contain intrinsic value. All "whys" (i.e., reasons) do come from language and all those do just contain instrumental value, and thus which must be less important than the actions themselves.

However, I do not care about the past so much, but I seem to focus on the future more. :tongue:

Now, I am not sure whether I would be a N or S! :kitteh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It told me that:

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISFP

INFP again! :blushed:

1,636 Posts

Thank you!

well this also says a lot abotu you...i would maybe guess you are Fi user?
listen...you are stuggling with feelings - trying to balance yourself - which is good - i think we should all do that!
But where you started is from balancing feeling which is quite F

http://personalitycafe.com/nfs-temperament-forum-dreamers/3065-introverted-feeling.html read about Fi if you would like and say for yourself does it correlates with you.
I don't say it helps :D but it can at least make you see if ti has anything to do with you
my guess would be that you are Fi dominant :)
Now Se or Ne user....read about Se and Ne and you tel me :)
this far maybe INFP?

Reactions: wah330
1,636 Posts
It told me that:

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISFP

INFP again! :blushed:

you don't think you are an INFP yourself?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@wah330 - So you're not sure if you're a T or an F? Lol! You seem like a Feeler to me. :) You may be "logical" and all, but you always seem to factor your feelings and other peoples' feelings into the equation as I mentioned before. INFP seems to be a constant for you. ENFP or ISFP... hmmm there's an interesting notion. Though I think you fit well as an N as you mentioned. I would say INFP probably fits you well. I don't see you giving off an INTP vibe at all. My brother's an INTP. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts