Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just looking for other peoples experiences with INFP-INFP friendships. I've never been close with another INFP, but it seems like there's potential for a deep understanding/connection.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I never had an INFP friend :(... I really, really wish I had an INFP friend... I really NEED one :(... I need someone to understand me... Maybe another INFP would understand me the best? :(

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
I wish i had one too. I don't even know an F-friend. Yes, i know there are. But i don't have a close F-friend.

My best friend is probably

ISTP (and because of the I and the P, i'm happy with him). There are not that many males who are NF.

For relationships, i definitely need a IxFx probably INFJ or ISFJ (the J to say what i have to do :D ), however i would like an INFP as girlfriend to. But i'm not going to look to date someone who has to be INFP, we will eventually see, and you are going to see if i have a girlfriend, it would be probably IxFx, with at least some intellect to. Because i want to discuss some things, and think about life (and i want to do it (sometimes) with a possible girlfriend.

However sometimes, i do think i'm far to strange to have ever a girlfriend, and i have to concentrate on my own.

Reactions: hohum

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I was friends with one in middle school, but he left me for WoW. A lot of my friends in high school would probably seem like INFPs at first glance, but I think they were xNFJs because they didn't really understand me deeply enough to have the same functions as me.

I've always seen my current best friend as an INTJ, but I'm wondering if he's an unhealthy INFP because he did have an unhealthy childhood and he does have that "black Jesus with a blunt" look associated with INFPs.

·
Banned
29 Posts
I've never even met an INFP outside the Internet, so I'm curious about how it would work out — I'm guessing either two bright-eyed individuals amazed at each other for hours or each one so focused on his or her own ideas that they'll drift apart tangentially ("I understand what you mean, because I've been through this...", "oh, yes, I know, because once I was...")?

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
I was friends with one in middle school, but he left me for WoW. A lot of my friends in high school would probably seem like INFPs at first glance, but I think they were xNFJs because they didn't really understand me deeply enough to have the same functions as me.

I've always seen my current best friend as an INTJ, but I'm wondering if he's an unhealthy INFP because he did have an unhealthy childhood and he does have that "black Jesus with a blunt" look associated with INFPs.
What do you mean by that?

And do you mean World of Warcraft with WoW?

I'm very egocentric sometimes, but i try to listen sometimes and give some compliments to (because i respect many people, but i forget sometimes to show it / to say it ...

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
What do you mean by that?

And do you mean World of Warcraft with WoW?

I'm very egocentric sometimes, but i try to listen sometimes and give some compliments to (because i respect many people, but i forget sometimes to show it / to say it ...
Well, usually, in fact, historically, INFPs are the ones who do the most pot.

And yes, I mean World Of Warcraft.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Well, usually, in fact, historically, INFPs are the ones who do the most pot.

And yes, I mean World Of Warcraft.
But i don't know what it means "black Jesus with a blunt look", and i also don't know what pot means (i only know it's weed?)

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
But i don't know what it means "black Jesus with a blunt look", and i also don't know what pot means (i only know it's weed?)
Yes, weed. *facepalm*

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
That facepalm was inappropriate in my opinion.

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
I would theorize INFP INFP friendships would be all the way awesome, or all the way horrible, thanks to Fi and each's values.

I can't say I've met many INFPs IRL. My dad has tested as one, but only once. Not that I'm doubting the test or anything. My cousin-in-law's wife tested INFP too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I know quite a handful of INFPs. I'm very good friends with a few of them and I treasure them, but the rest are friendly acquaintances and it's hard to reach them. I suspect this is because of Fi and how it can be shaped so differently in each individual. I dare say that it's easy to be incompatible with one.

For one experience, this other INFP and I were warming up to each other until we discovered we had different core values, and neither of us were going to change our minds. It was really awkward; I inadvertently crossed the line for them and they exploded on me. Ever since then, we've stayed in our civil bubbles, and I gotta say: I really dislike them.

In conclusion, INFPs are hit or miss. I love them when we get along, but grossed out when we don't. Even with the INFPs I am good friends with, I wouldn't say I share a deep connection with them. I think it'll be difficult to find another INFP who is 100% compatible.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I don't think I've ever met another INFP irl. There are some people I have speculated to be INFP's but they are distant in my life. I do end up befriending a lot of ESFP's and ISFP's and INTP's, and I like these types a lot. We share some similar functions so we understand each other. But I cannot think of any INFP's that I have been directly friends with.

Part of me really wonders if we would get along, and part of me wants to say that we wouldn't. I don't think we would pull each other out of each others shells if you know what I mean. I need someone to help me open up, which I why I think ESFP's help me come out of my shell, and INTP's I know are better conversationalists who like to debate and challenge my ideas, plus they don't have Fi holding them back all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
I live with my aunt who is an INXP. I can be an IXFP, so we often become INFPs at home. I find that we can talk about things that we probably wouldn't tell anyone else. What I find interesting is how easy it is to talk to each other, without expecting to be judged or made fun of. When my EXTJ uncle tries to insert himself in the conversation, we find that he easily gets lost and misunderstands what my aunt says. I often have to "translate" what they say to each other... even though they both talk in English.. But anyways, my point is the ease of communicating!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wish i had one too. I don't even know an F-friend. Yes, i know there are. But i don't have a close F-friend.

My best friend is probably

ISTP (and because of the I and the P, i'm happy with him). There are not that many males who are NF.

For relationships, i definitely need a IxFx probably INFJ or ISFJ (the J to say what i have to do :D ), however i would like an INFP as girlfriend to. But i'm not going to look to date someone who has to be INFP, we will eventually see, and you are going to see if i have a girlfriend, it would be probably IxFx, with at least some intellect to. Because i want to discuss some things, and think about life (and i want to do it (sometimes) with a possible girlfriend.

However sometimes, i do think i'm far to strange to have ever a girlfriend, and i have to concentrate on my own.
I did the 16 personality test with some of friends at work.
Seems like ENFP is quite popular. No INFP's.

But i'm pretty sure the HR girl who smiles awkwardly at me everyday which i return with a same kind of smile is INFP (and I kind of like her, she's cute). Should i make a move or should i not?

And here's the thing, my family is not going to like it. Our races were at cold war for more than 2000 years, although we are now supposedly at peace.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Mine have all been very nice. I'll bet they could have the potential to be horrible, but I really enjoy being able to relate that way.

I've had probably 4, but that's not saying much as I don't have a whole lot of friends.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have a couple of INFP friends. They're not exactly my best buddies, but we click well. We talk, not too often, but we also never tried to interfere with each other.

I would theorize INFP INFP friendships would be all the way awesome, or all the way horrible, thanks to Fi and each's values.
Had another INFP female friend. She was cute and I thought she was a bit quirky, but somehow we managed to know each other and clicked extremely well... at first. Almost became an item but we fell out hard. Haven't talked to her for a year but wish I could. So well, yes it could be awesome or way horrible.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts