Personality Cafe banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
LOL prettyhowtown

That thread I made on INTPcentral actually took off and has 14 pages now! I never expected it. It's very interesting to see this same thread started on either forum, and how it's being discussed by the different types. There are more INFPs on that forum than INTPs on this forum, though.

The INTP women over there are apparently very bitter toward INFP and ENFP women. They find that a lot of the INTP men go after us rather than other Thinking types. It's funny to watch people who are more in touch with their intellect become emotionally distressed, even as they deny their emotionality.

I have no problem saying "This makes me feel mad" - etc. That is an advantage we have over them, I would say.

It seems INFPs are wary of INTPs and vice versa, in general. I think of all the Thinking types we should be able to relate to INTPs the most, though, no?

As far as your sociopath INTP, lol, I would say that doesn't represent them all. Even the lack of shared values, I wouldn't pin that all to the INTP thing, I wouldn't give it that much weight. At least not until you have amassed a large sample size of INTPs you have extensively interacted with and found incompatible. Certainly not all INTPs are lacking in social values. My INTP is more of a data collector than an impassioned activist. I am the activist, I have a few causes (big surprise for an INFP right?) which I feel earth shatteringly passionate about. He loves my passion and supports me fully, my goals aligning with his, but he perhaps lacking the passion of drive...and I sometimes lack the ability to be rational when my values are violated, while he can remain more calm. I am very logical until someone brings up one of my causes, then I tend to become lost in my feelings and freak out, lol...I'm working on it!

My INTP guy has the exact same values as me. He is not overwhelming in his Thinking to Feeling ratio, or I imagine we would never be together. It's like I'm 60/40 F to T and he is 60/40 T to F. Something like that. We both are rational and emotional, he just tends to be more in touch with his intellect as a guiding force, and I'm more in touch with my feelings and perceptions as a guiding force.

I love your avatar phthalocyanine. I would say our dear Winona is a wounded bird of an INFP. I've always felt drawn to her fragility and sweetness, I relate to her.

Well, FWIW, I am also married an INTP. Goes to show we're not compatible with all people of a certain personality type. I was contrasting that fling with my marriage. This guy I'm talking about could be INxx, really....but my husband is definitely INTP with a good helping of 'F'. :) I didn't mean to suggest INTP personality type results in sociopath tendencies. This other person feels very deeply but shares it with few people... but I remember he felt no remorse about certain things, was not very sensitive to others' feelings about different things, and was quite selfish. He may be an unhealthy INFP. Either way, this individual is very smart. I doubt he's a sociopath-- I was just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Oh i would kill for an INTP boyfriend. I think they are definitely one of the most interesting types. I love the way the operate. I don't view them as cold whatsoever. They're too vibrant and creative for that. As long as they're not too much of a T :p seriously, they're amazing.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts