Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I once asked why a lot of INFPs have enneagram type 4, and I found this great article.

Which MBTI Type is the individualist? (Enneagram 4)

Individualist: “To stand out from the crowd.”

Well, the debate about which MBTI type is the most likely to be individualists is still at hand. It is a question of whether INFJ’s or INFP’s are more likely to be the fourth enneagram type. The individualist enneagram type feels isolated from the other types. They often excel in the arts and they are often emotionally unstable, feeling like they are never understood. Due to the fact that INFP’s are both less stable and more likely to succeed in the arts, they have been known as more likely to be individualists.

Individualists often keep to themselves they tend to prefer time alone, reflecting about their life and finding ways to make it better. They don’t like big groups; they often feel isolated and withdrawn from the crowds. They feel like they never fit it and they are also self absorbed, two main traits of an introverted person.

Individualists are practically always intuitive. The trait that makes them an individualist is their intuition. They don’t do what society expects; they go one step ahead and do something completely different and unique to the rest of the crowd. This is often why they are so exceptional in the arts. They have unique artwork in visual art, original songs in music and exceptional play performances in drama. For these reasons, it is clear that intuitive people are far more likely to be individualists.

As well as intuitive, the other main trait that separates the individualist type from the other types is their high level of feeling. Feelers are very sensitive people and are far less emotionally stable. Once again, they also have a greater ability of succeeding in art. This clearly shows that feelers are more likely to be individualists.

As stated above, individualists are most likely to be less stable, relying on their emotions rather than their judging function. This makes them more likely to be perceivers rather than judgers. Also, perceivers are generally more artistic than judgers, making individualists more likely to be perceivers than judgers. This proves that INFP’s are the most likely type to be individualists.

source here
Hope this helps :)

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
<.< yeah even as a 6 I have very strong 4-ish tendencies, second strongest fix and being my authentic self is or at least loyalty to my Fi derived values is very strong even as xNFP.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Abso damn lutely. I can't speak for the type over all, but it frightens me to think that I would have to comform to something or play by someone elses ''rules''.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It really baffles me that people don't want to be different and be their own person to be honest?

Before I found out my personality type and enneagram (type 4) I didn't really understand myself.. It can be a big reassurance when you read something that truly reflects your personality, I often found it a struggle to explain myself :(

·
Registered
825 Posts
I like to stand out. I really don't want to be normal. I don't want to be seen as mediocre or average. I want to be memorable and accepted for who I truly am. :)

But in professional environments, I want to fit in (socially). I do want to stand out by being seen as exceptionally competent in my field of work. I think it's my 3 wing that influences that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts