Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an INFP (very typical), and I know this ISFP for 6 years now...
We started as friends, and I always feel a deep connection with him though we never meet in real life.
3 years ago, it went to a point that we both felt the emotion was so strong it hurt...we told we love each other...but never make the move because of real life...
And life goes on, we are still close friends now.
Recently, I just ended a pretty bad relationship of 5 years, with an ENFP. Suddenly my ISFP said "marry me" and things like how he always likes me a lot...
I'm not sure he is just joking or making me feel better...since he usually has that playboy image somehow...
And yes he has a girlfriend now.
So...should I totally forget his words and moving on by myself? Or I could reconsider our possibilities?

Thank you for any input.
(Sorry English is not my first language:unsure:)

·
Registered
751 Posts
If he has a girlfriend, I'm not sure why he'd be saying such things to you..especially since you've never met in real life. Then again you were in a relationship with the ENFP when you told the ISFP you loved him, right?

Since I don't know all the details of this friendship, it's hard to say if he's being genuine or not. My instinct tells me he's just saying it to try and cheer you up - maybe to let you know that just because you're not with the ENFP, you're still lovable and there are plenty more options if you so choose to find them. But like I said, I'm not sure. I think what you should do is just ask him directly, but in a nice way..don't make it sound like you expect anything from him - he'll be able to handle it and it will hopefully give you an honest response so you can know for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts