Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am in between these two, anybody else like this? They both fit in with me so well :S

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey Kat91, maybe it's just your S and F are equally developed. I am a borderline T, i am an exact 50 in t and 50 in F. But then, I know it's because of my course (lit) that it's become that way- one week out of college and I am back to being a full time INFP. I think we develop our opposing traits according to the environment we live in, or just simply have heightened use of both the functions. So you maybe midway! :) which means you have a chance to have the best of both S and N :)

have fun!

Reactions: Kat91

·
Registered
595 Posts
I would consider myself N but I am sometimes more S than other times because I do live in the moment, I forget what happened earlier today or yesterday like it was ages ago. If I had what I wanted later in life then I imagine I would be more S, so maybe I am more S when I am happy in the moment but I can be very happy N. I just think sometimes we can be more of a function that other times.

·
Registered
234 Posts
INFPs and ISFPs are similar in a huge number of ways, but a good way for discerning between the two for me has always been the fact that the auxiliary Se for the ISFP makes them very attracted towards making and crafting things. INFPs are different, we're a very theoretical bunch that likes to think about things more than we like to act. There's a reason we're called "dreamers" and they're called "experiencers", because all SP types live in the moment, they pay attention to the world around them, whereas INFP's prefer to live in dreamland, always thinking and exploring ideas and not actually doing anything about them.

The INFP will think about all the awesome peices of art he or she could create and not actually make any of them, whereas the ISFP will usually only think of one or two before they instantly start trying to make them a reality, because they can't stand useless ideas that can't become anything real. I'd say that's probably the most fundamental difference between us.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Also, ISFP's have Ni as tert, while INFP's have Si as tert. Maybe it's worth taking a look into that?

Reactions: Murnando

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Picking up on what Murnando said, I think the decisive factor would be where you feel more "at home": in your head with your thoughts, or in the physical environment, the "moment"? If you really are equally split in these two realms, than it might be good to check the cognitive functions for both types and see which ones fit you better.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
INFPs and ISFPs are similar in a huge number of ways, but a good way for discerning between the two for me has always been the fact that the auxiliary Se for the ISFP makes them very attracted towards making and crafting things. INFPs are different, we're a very theoretical bunch that likes to think about things more than we like to act. There's a reason we're called "dreamers" and they're called "experiencers", because all SP types live in the moment, they pay attention to the world around them, whereas INFP's prefer to live in dreamland, always thinking and exploring ideas and not actually doing anything about them.

The INFP will think about all the awesome peices of art he or she could create and not actually make any of them, whereas the ISFP will usually only think of one or two before they instantly start trying to make them a reality, because they can't stand useless ideas that can't become anything real. I'd say that's probably the most fundamental difference between us.
See, but those both sound like me ¬.¬

I am still very new to this personality stuff so I need to do more reading into all the types to understand them better and thus understand myself. These two seem to fit me pretty well though. Very interesting stuff.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I'd only be a hypocrite if I didn't read up on the functions myself :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Oh, but they are very secret, and once you've got some understanding of them, you're a part of our secret organization, and you'll be obliged to speak the secret language as well ;) :3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts