Personality Cafe banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
My experience --

Fire and ice ....... (ISTJ and INFP). It was very hard for me. HOWEVER, for 61 years, Isabel Briggs Myers was able to make her marriage work to an ISTJ.

Many fine people, can make the relationship work, I suppose. So sure, mutual aid in personal growth, good luck, and godspeed.

Isabel Briggs Myers says about the ISTJ: "...their logic rebels against requirements or expectation to do anything that doesn't make sense to them...".

...and that is
The Rub (for me) - - - - >> I often love not making sense. Come on. Color outside the lines, just once, for God's sake.

How boring, it is, to make sense all the friggin' time.

• “Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.”
    ― Charles Lamb, The Life, Letters and Writings of Charles Lamb
  • “in nonsense is strength”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
"...The difference between Isabel's type preference (INFP) and Clarence's type preference (ISTJ) was an important fact in the history of the MBTI [instrument]. When asked once how she came to create the Indicator, Isabel Myers replied, 'Because I married Chief.' The difference between them was clear to Isabel's mother when Chief was brought home to meet the family one Christmas vacation. Katharine Briggs concluded that her prospective son-in-law was an admirable young man, but not at all like others in their family. Katharine embarked on a project of reading biographies and developed her own typology based on patterns she found. She identified meditative types, spontaneous types, executive types, and sociable types (later identified as Is, EPs, ETJs and EFJs). When Katharine Briggs discovered C. G. Jung's book, Psychological Types, she reported to her daughter, 'This is it!' and proceeded to study the book intensely. Mother and daughter became avid 'type watchers' over the next twenty years..." source

21 - 21 of 21 Posts