Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ah, i haven't really written much on the forum, mostly lurked. i find i have way better a time on the ENFP forum than INFP forum, but a lot of the stuff over there rings true for me too.

I don't know if i'm introverted of extraverted. but i know for sure my top 2 functions are Ne and Fi. maybe in that order, maybe not. it's really difficult for me to tell.

I think i iuse the two simultaneously. i can be completely focused on something, completely in the moment, and yet off in my own head. i'm not working on automatic... it's like, i look at the world, and i see what everything could be, and it explodes into a little world of passionate possibility in front of me. not literally, just in my head.

**ITS LIKE SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD!!**

in his head, things are so abnormal, ironic, magical, there are parts of everything he imagines in there. every day is an adventure. and yet it's a perfectly functioning little world.

Im explaining this terribly...

but i think infp's and enfp's have this to an extent. using their imagination and intuition to create an exciting interpretation of a world most people find pretty plain.

So for anyone who took the time to read it all...

Ne-Fi/Fi-Ne. does it really matter that much?

And WHAT AM I?

and you can talk about how awesome scott pilgrim was.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The big difference between an introvert and an extrovert is where they get their energy - internally or externally. After you've been socializing with a group of people for a while, do you feel the need to be by yourself to "recharge" or do you feel that the interaction has given you more energy. If you've ever done public speaking it becomes very obvious. If you feel tired and drained after you finish you are an introvert. (Although you might be excited and revved up during the speech). An extrovert will actually gain additional energy from public speaking.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right, yeah, i never really went into anything actually relating to introvert/extravert.

honestly it's both. i can walk into a crowd and be completely drained, i can walk into a crowd and be completely revitalized by the people there.

similarly, i can be alone and feel myself building back up, or i can be alone and start to feel hollow and weak.

it depends on my mood.

so srrrsly. i have no idea.

·
Registered
59 Posts
right, yeah, i never really went into anything actually relating to introvert/extravert.

honestly it's both. i can walk into a crowd and be completely drained, i can walk into a crowd and be completely revitalized by the people there.

similarly, i can be alone and feel myself building back up, or i can be alone and start to feel hollow and weak.

it depends on my mood.

so srrrsly. i have no idea.
I still think your answer lies there, you just need to analyze it a little further...
You say that when you walk into a crowd sometimes you are revitalized there, but what about after you leave? I am very much an introvert and am very "up" (almost manic at times) when I'm in a fun group and enjoying the conversation. But when it's over I will crash (feel drained of energy) to some degree. So, I think how you feel afterward is the key.

The fact that you sometimes feel hollow and weak when you are alone, rather than a sign of extraversion, might be more a result of the NF in you missing the interpersonal interaction that we crave.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still think your answer lies there, you just need to analyze it a little further...
You say that when you walk into a crowd sometimes you are revitalized there, but what about after you leave? I am very much an introvert and am very "up" (almost manic at times) when I'm in a fun group and enjoying the conversation. But when it's over I will crash (feel drained of energy) to some degree. So, I think how you feel afterward is the key.

The fact that you sometimes feel hollow and weak when you are alone, rather than a sign of extraversion, might be more a result of the NF in you missing the interpersonal interaction that we crave.
so, i crave interpersonal interaction, but it drains me when i have it?

well that sucks.

but, no, even afterwards, i can feel completely full of energy. i need both a lot of time with people and a lot of time alone to stay sane.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
so, i crave interpersonal interaction, but it drains me when i have it?

well that sucks.

but, no, even afterwards, i can feel completely full of energy. i need both a lot of time with people and a lot of time alone to stay sane.
From your posts, I'm gonna guess extrovert. I had this same dilemma recently and ended up deciding on extrovert for various reasons...one of which is that even though I do need time to myself, I feel very energized by people and interaction, even afterward. I dunno if that helps, but that was the conclusion I came to for myself.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I decided I was an extrovert based on what happened when I didn't have interactions with other people. Whenever I don't hang out or speak to other people for a while, I sort of slowly lose energy, and eventually become an amoeba that doesn't want to do anything, ever. I do need that time to recharge every once in a while, but interaction is what really keeps me going in the long run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts