Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a little while on the forum browsing I thought I would finally introduce myself.

I prefer to be by myself for most of the day. I do not like going to crowded places but I am able to get myself to go if I have an extreme interest in the venue.

I have never flown and have no interest on getting on a plane.

I have a newfound interest in building a quality EDC bag making sure I have anything I may need just in case I go somewhere. My other newfound interest which is slightly connected to EDC is learning skills in bushcraft and primitive survival. This will allow me to get out and enjoy gods gift of nature - primarily the forests (I LOVE the smell of forests and pine trees!)

I love bad jokes and not cheesy bad… I mean offensive bad.

When I was younger I believe I suffered with AIWS (Alice in Wonderland Syndrome) and never told anybody. I don't suffer from it anymore but I do get regular migraines now.

I have pencils and lots of them. Different brands and all of the different harnesses of them as well as colored. I would like to exercise and practice drawing but I am unable to please myself enough to hold onto it long enough.

I love books. I may buy many books and never read them or not read them right away. I like to read I am just unable to sit and read book after book.

I have MANY hobbies and the only one I have been able to hold onto and maintain without losing interest is radios… any radios. Ham Radio, Scanners, Shortwave etc. If it picks of frequencies I enjoy it. All my other hobbies I rotate in and out of as I seem fit.

I know only one other INFP personally and I enjoy their company. I feel I could enjoy this forum and can probably do some posting. Feel free to reply and ask questions if you may to get to know me better. I am generally a quiet person but once I am comfortable with you I spawn into a different creature.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings AZRecluse and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum AZRecluse. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to meet you as well Emma! The only other INFP I know is somebody that reminded me a lot of myself so I asked them to take the test. She has taken it twice and both times they showed up as an INFP. I can relate with most INFPs that I read about except for enjoying fantasy books and stories. I notice most enjoy fantasy/sci-fi and similar things. I enjoy fiction stuff but more in a Stephen King kind of way (not the horror style but the WTF style like Misery, Duma Key, Tommyknockers and Under the Dome). I also enjoy stuff that people perceive as true but are most likely fiction, like Bigfoot and UFO junk (I'm a sceptic but I love the research that goes into it).

Wonderwall, thank you! I am enjoying it so far :) Thanks to both of you for the kind welcome.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wow. Fascinating. I'm absolutely nothing like that. Which makes sense since ESTJ does not equal INFP whatsoever! We don't have a single letter in common. That is part of what made me so curious. I'm ashamed to say I do not know any of the movies(?) you listed as examples. Never heard of them. I'm definitely more of the fantasy/sci-fi fan. I also have a really random/weird question. Is it true that INFPs are mostly responsible for the internet cat thing explosion? =D I read that somewhere and found it amusing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, I don't know if I hold a sliver responsibility for cat memes but I am sure its true. I love cats but I am allergic to them so I tend to distance myself. All of those are books and movies/TV series with the exception of Duma Key which is one in that list that never became a screenplay. I did forget to mention the movie Stand by Me which is also a favorite. You are the first ESTJ that I have encountered.. I tend to read about a persons type once I encounter them so I must go do so now. :)

P.S. I just realized I reply in reverse order of the person I am replaying to. I do know I look at magazines from back to front but I must clarify I don't read backwards LOL.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh, that's a shame. Cats are great. I am very attached to my Bengal.

Wow, I haven't heard of Stand by Me either. What are these about/like? I might have to look into them.

The first ESTJ? I hope I don't give you a bad impression of us! I am aware I can be very uptight/traditional/controlling/overbearing. But for once I think I am like you in one area. I also read about a persons type once I encounter them. The better I get to know them, the more reading I do on their type. Fascinates me. Find anything interesting on ESTJs? lol

P.S. oh don't worry. I didn't figure you were Hebrew. lol. I actually have a tiny book in Hebrew. The binding is on backwards and everything. it's quite strange.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Interesting, probably - I am still reading, I look up everything everywhere. No bad impressions, I can personally tell I find you interesting because I am replying to you in more than one sentence. I am short with people I feel I need to distance myself from. I consider myself traditional and I can be overbearing to those close to me.

OMG, you have to at least watch Stand by Me. It is based on his novella called 'The Body' in his book Four Seasons. It is a movie everybody enjoys and you must watch it ASAP. I could tell you all about it but I would ruin the story for you, you'll have to trust me. Misery as well, it was an awesome book and was turned into an very great movie. It's about an Author that gets involved in a crash and is found by a stalker mentality fan that holds him captive and makes him write a book. Under the dome is about a town stuck under a dome, LOL. It is currently being played as a CBS series, I love the book and not to fond of the series but it is growing on me. Tommyknockers and Duma Key are just weird stories in general.

I love the 20 questions kinda thing going here, I open up better that way to people. Otherwise I am a recluse and I have to be pulled out of my shell. You are doing good at opening me up so far. :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Strange. I feel like we are more alike than our personality types would tend to indicate. I also find that I am short with people I want to distance myself from. I'm glad I haven't left any bad impressions, though. Apparently ESTJs have some of the worst reputations. I dunno.

Alright, I will definitely look into Stand by Me.

I've been told I have that gift -- getting people to open up to me. Always wondered if they just thought I did or if I really do. Also wonder if that has something to do with being an ESTJ or if that's just a me thing. Well, let's keep the 20 questions thing going then, hm? If you had to pick an animal to describe yourself, what would it be and why?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will say a horse and the reason for that is, equine therapy. I had an experience with a session of equine therapy once and I was surprised at the horses ability of reading a persons emotions. No words just closeness and body language as you are walking beside her is all the horse needs to understand where you are in your head. I think at times I have this ability and can see a persons true emotions by watching them.... especially if I have a baseline on them.

You?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Can I say a cat? Cats are very intelligent animals but do things on their terms. They can be friendly and affectionate but also like to keep to themselves at times. They don't really understand human emotions/emotional needs the way some other animals (such as dogs) do. They can be playful, but aren't usually, preferring to sleep in the sun (relax) or hunt (accomplish what needs to be done to see dinner on the table). Of course there are a lot of flaws with this, too. Cats are more laid-back animals and fairly individualistic, which I am not. And I could go on, but yeah.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not all are laid back, I have came across some high strung cats. I have a friend that has a cat that was supposed to be hypo-allergenic (its not) that is everywhere we were in the house harassing me. Not on me like the usual pet me kinda cat, like climbing, clawing and batting at me. He said the cat is always like that and he leaves nobody alone. This cat was a terrorist! LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just posted an introduction myself, and stumbled on yours. First off, welcome! And second off, I am an INFP too, and what you were saying about not enjoying as much fantasy as other INFPs rings true for me as well.

Being an INFP, of course, makes it hard for me to carry on a conversation with people I don't know. Plus,I don't open up very well, but it's very interesting seeing another INFP on here, (seeing that I don't know any in real life.)

I also happened to see what you all were saying about the cat memes. I, for one, have never made a cat meme in my life and do not own a cat. I am a dog person, haha. I guess even within a type there are differences.

Anywho, welcome! Maybe I'll see you around in the community.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for stopping by Lesse. I made a trip over to your intro and said hello :)

I see you are also an insomniac. I perfer late nights myself so being an insomniac helps but it can be a curse when I need to not be up all night. As you don't enjoy fantasy as much either, what is your style of books and movies? What about favorite authors?

You'll see me around for sure, I am enjoying this place so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts