Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My name's Andrea. I'm a true blue INFP. I discovered this site while doing a project for school. I'm working on my masters in mental health counseling and I had to prepare a presentation about why I would make a good therapist. So I thought I'd talk about my INFPness and my desire to help others find peace, then I found a bunch of memes about INFP's that made me laugh, nod in agreement, and sigh.

<<<This is the one I put in my powerpoint

My classmates thought it was hilarious, because as they had previously found out in our Group Counseling class, I cry for everybody. Even if I wasn't the one who had been hurt I would cry for my classmates. I'm a weepasaurus and I accept that.

Anyway, in typical INFP fashion... I work as a massage therapist, aspiring to become a counselor, love yoga... love rain... love doing yoga in the rain...
I think I've talked enough. Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
Infj
1,018 Posts
cool! did your group understand INFP's? cause I thought about doig a presentation about MBTI to my class...but then I realized how confused they'd probably get xD lol

welcome to the forum :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like they understood the jist of INFPness.
Although to be fair, they are all aspiring therapists and have studied psychometrics and personality testing.

But you should totally do a presentation on your personality type!

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Hello everyone,
My name's Andrea. I'm a true blue INFP. I discovered this site while doing a project for school. I'm working on my masters in mental health counseling and I had to prepare a presentation about why I would make a good therapist. So I thought I'd talk about my INFPness and my desire to help others find peace, then I found a bunch of memes about INFP's that made me laugh, nod in agreement, and sigh.

<<<This is the one I put in my powerpoint

My classmates thought it was hilarious, because as they had previously found out in our Group Counseling class, I cry for everybody. Even if I wasn't the one who had been hurt I would cry for my classmates. I'm a weepasaurus and I accept that.

Anyway, in typical INFP fashion... I work as a massage therapist, aspiring to become a counselor, love yoga... love rain... love doing yoga in the rain...
I think I've talked enough. Thanks for reading :)
:3 welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay. From one who studied psychology to another who does, I recommend getting a professional's opinion on your type before making the presentation. Taking into consideration that the validity of the MBTI instrument is often questioned o.o I think it would be a good idea to talk about what qualities make you a gr8 therapist regardless of type.

What I bolded sounds like Fe.

Whatever the case this and the Enneagram will benefit you in counseling :). Happy self discovery.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What I bolded sounds like Fe.
A lot of what she said sounded like Fe.
"Desire to help others find peace" and the part you have bolded.
"I cry for everybody" I can't imagine an Fi-user saying.

In any case, welcome to forums! I hope you enjoy your stay. :)
I'd recommend doing some more research on Fe vs. Fi though.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum

Reactions: AmazonGea

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
:happy: Hello and welcome!

Reactions: AmazonGea

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So being Fe more than Fi would mean I'm more of a INFJ?
I still feel as though INFP suits me best, but I'm probably good at disguising my selfishness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts