Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey INFPs! I have seen several threads on this topic. Though, a large majority of the respondents are INFP females. I imagine their are differences between the way INFP males vs. females show signs of "likeliness" in a more than friends way. So, INFP males, what do you say/do to that may lead a person to believe that you like them in a more than friends way? More specifically, in the early stages of interaction.

Thank you!
ENFJ

·
Registered
528 Posts
It depends more on the concrete person than on his type, i quess.

But for me - In the early stages of interaction, i wouldnt even know, if i like her. :) I need time to know "for sure," that i need something more than be friend with her, another time to look for every sign that she might feel same about me, and than . . . . Its too late to be more than friends, usually. :))

But to be more specific, i need to tell her specifically, that i like her more than just friend, because i am friendly and polite to most people and on the other hand i am not very open, so she doesnt need to notice anything . . . I must tell her.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's difficult to say, but from my experience, it'll usually involve incredible amounts of awkwardness, either trying to be around you as much or as little as possible, and him generally just seeming not very at ease around you.

Don't take that as fact or anything though, because that's from my experience as an INFP guy, and I'm completely hopeless in any and all relationships. The one thing that I will say will apply to pretty much all INFP blokes is that if they like you, it's probably not going to be just a casual liking, he'll probably romanticise you at least little bit, and while his introverted nature will make it quite difficult to spot he will definately act differently around you at least a little bit, and probably not in a very cool and relaxed sort of way.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Yeah, if he's really cool usually, but then just turns into some weird robot over night, there's a good chance he might like you. Be persistent but not forceful, he may get overloaded. I always try to maintain my "cool", but even though I may be enthusiastic, communicating may appear forced or lame due to over thinking.

I like what @JoCZker said about wanting to be direct. I always have this yearning, but experience has shown me that being too blunt can put the other party off. You, sir, are a more daring man than I.

Oh, and don't be surprised if he sucks at playing "the game". Chances are, he plays it by a different set of rules.

·
Registered
654 Posts
you'll never know!

each individual expresses this "like" differently, and it will depend on their culture and background. But here's one that most males do when they start liking you, and some females do to! Clinginess, possessiveness and jealousy.

Reactions: Sequestrum

·
Banned
477 Posts
how do I tell someone? I give them that look, right in the eyes, and they know my interest. then a smile, though I usually wait to get one first. from this point, it depends on the situation I'm in. in the absence of a better thought/witty observation, I'll just introduce myself. whether I play it fast or slow from here really just depends on her.

so, direct and honest. that's how I approach everyone. there'll be no mystery if I like her.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Few things that I've found myself doing..

* Maintaining eye contact, looking at my crush more in social settings than my peers.
* "Appearing" more often in the same places where my crush tends to go. Not stalking!

I tend to try get few "proofs" that my crush also likes me, before asking for a date.

·
Banned
1,842 Posts
My advice to you, @ThirdArcade, would be to tell the INFP in question that you're interested in him. I mean, every person is different so no number of answers from male INFPs on this board is likely to give you any actual insight into dealing with the INFP that you're interested in. I see it like this: worst case scenario, you put yourself out there and get turned down, however as an INFP, he'll probably be pretty nice about it. Best case scenario: he likes you too and you'll have saved him the trouble of stumbling over himself trying to express it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
(I've scored a infj in socionics (infp) but also infj in myers briggs. Yeah, Talk about confusing.)

Anyway, It all depends on my confidence level around you. If I feel like you are possibly in my league and that you are comfortable with my presence, the more flirty or open I'll become.

If I feel more than 50% that you may not like me the same or I just don't know, the more closed off I'll be.

Usually, I'll test the waters and just observe the signs she gives me and sort out what I exactly feel about her. Remember, the type of signs I give her are determined by the about of comfort I have in myself and what she gives me.

For example. Eye contact is huge. If the woman were to catch me starring at her and she sees me suddenly looking away not wanting for here to catch me looking at her, it's a sign i'm interested.

If I start playfully making jokes her way or tease her, that is also a sign i'm interested.

If I ask what she thinks about something or wanting to know more about something she is involved with, thats another sign i'm intersted. I want to know about the woman because I care for her and want to create a deeper level of communication to connect with her.

If I give the woman a hug or make myself more available to talk or help you with something, that is a sign that i'm interested. I make time for you.

If I sound more eager or excited if the woman asks me for help or wanting to go do something. Note: Sometimes, I may disquise as if It's not a big deal. But that only because I don't want it to seem obvious due not knowing what she thinks about me.

If I get tongue tied or act shy around her. Like the above posters mentioned, just some sort of awkwardness shows itself when I'm around you.

If I brag or puff out myself from telling her something I accomplished or something that happened to me. This is so more about selling myself as a potential suitor.

There are more but like I said before, lots of it dependant on my confidence level in myself and the female's showed comfort level with me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey INFPs! I have seen several threads on this topic. Though, a large majority of the respondents are INFP females. I imagine their are differences between the way INFP males vs. females show signs of "likeliness" in a more than friends way. So, INFP males, what do you say/do to that may lead a person to believe that you like them in a more than friends way? More specifically, in the early stages of interaction.

Thank you!ENFJ
For me, I'll definitely just tell her that I find her special at first. Unlike "hey, was fun, bye". Then you're in my Special Zone, hehe... The area between Special Zone and Dating Zone is kind of large, but if the friendship is good, and we have enough to do and talk about, it's time to ask her out, like having an exclusive diner or something that's just special and means a lot to her. I wouldn't say "hey, wanna date?!" but I'd try to give her verbal or textual hints first and the border crossing into Dating Zone would be The Kiss.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I often come of as a stand-off or perhaps otherworldly but when I like someone I usually open up a lot quicker than normal to her. Taking interest in what they have to say in hopes that they reciprocate interest so I can talk about myself. It takes awhile though to make my judgments about the person . I have to feel like she is genuine and interested in me as a person. I don't often make first contact but at the same time I'm confident enough to ask a girl out on a date or make a "move" if I have allowed the person to meet the real me as opposed to the surface me.

·
Registered
944 Posts
if im anything to judge the rest by we're really really bad at it, the words clumsy and awkward leap to mind, thats if i can actually work up the nerve to do anything (mind you my I is very strong so others may not be so bad)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't forget the grooming and maintenance of fine head and facial plumage, @PrimrosePopinjay .
Ahhh yes! Very good!

P.S.- I notice you have 666 posts, and in your pic a woman, I presume to be you, is sitting on a dog. I'm keeping my eye on you, but not in the mating sense (not the season).

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I would say if he starts appearing around where you hang out more and more, and interacting with you every chance he sees you then that's a sign. Especially if he is more open around you and wants to speak with you at lengths. INFP's love talking to people they like because it's a breeding ground for more information and intimacy. If he remembers your name and details about you I would also say that's a score because it shows that he is thinking about your preferences and what you like for future occurrences. Look at the subtleties because we are introverts. If he takes every opportunity to hang out with you I would think that's a red sign. Some other signs if he reveals anything about his value system with you and talks with you intensely for a definite amount of time that is also a clear sign that he considers you important enough to him to show you his cards so to speak. It may not be love persay but I would definitely say there is interest in at least a hint at deep friendship.

Slightly off-topic, I've recently watched a film called Waiting For Forever. If you ever watch it the lead male screams INFP to me and I recognized a lot of things about myself through him.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some things I do:

Make prolonged eye contact.
Offer to help with little things.
Sacrifice my time or convenience.
Conversation about serious topics/values.
Stand in your "bubble" for just a second longer than what another person would.
Self-deprecating jokes.
Boast about myself in a good way. (show confidence)

Last but not least:
If I offer you my gummi bears you know I REALLY must like you.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.