Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I'm quiet, reserved, usually living inside my head most of the time, usually singing something or reminding myself to be a better person. like right now, i'm singing this song right now...

but once you get to know me, I will be the most loyal, caring, empathetic person (ie. remember your children's names).

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I'm super quiet unless I'm hyper and around people I know well. I feel I sound like an idiot when I do talk because I slur and mumble a lot and mispronounce words sometimes, which is probably because I don't talk a lot. So, I like, forget how to talk, or something. Anyway, when I am around people I know and trust, I'm usually the "funny one", acting silly and throwing out witty jokes every now and then.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
refugee- Nice song selection! I really like that song. :D And you sound absolutely adorable!

jinamuro- I hear you on the voice thing... I really don't like my voice sometimes... It's like, shaky, tired, and ugh. Maybe it's an INFP thing to have such a weak voice? :S

Around strangers, I won't say crap, but with friends, I am hyper and social... At least, sometimes I am. :)

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Romantic, thought provoking, devoted, curious, easily fascinated, at times apathetic, self conscious, contemplative, and protective.

Traits I haven't noticed too often on here, but relevant to me: bold, competitive, blunt / direct at times, challenging other views and a few others. Started getting hungry so zoom~.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
What is your ideal mate, gentlemen?
An affectionate girl that is somewhat clingy, but not to the point of being paranoid about things like cheating or lying. Devoted to me and no one else (committed might be a better term). The ability to communicate on a deeper level for seemingly countless hours. A general drive to improve as an individual and as a couple. Loyal and supportive, but can pull me to the side and tell me if I'm wrong.

Outside of those basic needs, I have no physical requirements, age, life choice, career etc.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Sure is hard to describe yourself! But I'll try.

Music is my air I breathe...even without music, just sounds in general are. I love dreamy things. I used to hate being a hopeless romantic kind of person, but I've just kind of accepted that that's who I am lol. I love talking to people if it's casual and has humor. I find talking with women my age is somehow usually more fun than talking with men. For some reason I am super self-conscious in public. I like things that perk my mind, make me question myself and others, and grab my heart. My humor is ENFP. My intellect is INTP. People seem to have mistaken me for ISTP and ENTP at various points in my life.

I love philosophy. I love people -- well, most of the time, at least. I like being somewhat mysterious & engimatic. I hate judging people. I hate heartless acts. And I feel this uncontrollable urge to heal the world before I die... :blushed:

I don't know. Not really super-strict ground rules. I've got to know them in person, can't do the Internet thing too well. I have a compulsive need for physical flirting lol. Usually, I've found that I go for females who are NF & brunette. On the physical note...I rate the importance of the face much higher than the rest of the body, haha.

·
Registered
321 Posts
As to what I'm like......Quiet, reserved, almost always inside my head, contemplative, curious, love music, like to play the guitar. I read a lot. When I'm around people I know and trust I like to joke around a lot; I like to make people laugh. I am almost always the one that starts the joking. Now what was the other question? Oh, yeah, ideal mate. INFJ! Gotta say that! My wfe is one. :laughing:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I largely eschew many of the stereotypes of socially-acceptable males. I am mostly passive, and I live inside my mind where all input filters through my subjective perception. I envision the real nature and meaning of everything, and everything amazes me. I have male instincts to be a provider in the sense that I want to fulfill the needs of a female and be revered and respected. However, the path to get there as an INFP male seems to be very confusing, because the path is hardly direct. My habits, interests, and characteristics tend to diverge me from being the image of a strongly desireable male who appears to be a fulfiller. But I think if females could but see what I have to offer from inside, or give me the opportunity to show that, it would be different. Thus, I have to work hard to develop traits that help me assert myself, and that takes time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Um for me, I'd say it's impossible to describe myself, which in a sense is a characteristic in itself. I'm in highschool and I would say I am fairly sociable with people I know, constantly smiling and laughing. Though I have really shaky emotional foundation. Simple things make me feel really tired and unrespondent. I guess I would describe my life as a rollercoaster? One that I cannot predict whether one day would be good or bad. Mini bipolar, and the weirdest thing is that no one EVER notices that anythings different about me. I'm just that guy whose pretty funny, smart, and super clumsy. That's all I got to say about me =/.

As for dream girl? Every girl I meet really likes me as a friend but nothing else. If I could pick one girl whose attractive in personality as well as appearance. Who sees me as someone everyone obviously doesn't see. A girl who would stay as committed to me as her to I? Well that would be a dream in itself.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I'm not a guy, but I am friends with two INFP guys. They aren't quite the same, so I'll try to describe each one.

INFP Guy #1: Wants to be a family therapist. volunteers to help people in crisis and grieving children. Loves kids. Loves board games. Is a total "gamer". Very intelligent, well spoken, extremely SLOW and deliberate at everything he does. He got mugged once and the muggers told him he was taking too long to get his wallet out of his bag and they ran away. haha. Anyway, he very caring and sweet. Incredibly easy to get along with. He will cry in front of people and it doesn't bother him. He is very sensitive and patient. He wants nothing more than to find a girl to love. He is very picky with girls though and is afraid he'll never find anyone because he thinks he has too high of standards. He once dated a girl for a year who would not even kiss him because she was too shy about it. He was patient with that, even though he would really have liked to kiss her. He loves to talk about feelings and he has a tendency to talk in excess when prompted. He really loves people and he gets lonely if he has no one to visit with for a long time. I've never heard him swear or say a mean thing about anyone. He does not drink or do drugs. He likes fantasy movies and books. He is often late getting places. He's a beautiful person and love him to death.

INFP guy #2 - don't know him as well, but he's really into gardening and farming. He tells really bad/off color jokes and laughs at them while everyone else just stares or fakes a laugh. He has a funny sounding laugh, though, and so you can just laugh because he sounds so funny. One day he vented to us that he was sick of people telling him not to be negative. He was rightfully upset about something and apparently someone told him to stop being negative and that really pissed him off. He likes unique music and knows a lot of cool people. He goes to bed early and keeps to himself a lot of the time. When he does hang out, he has a tendency to drink too much and get loud and hilarious and say some really abstract stuff. He dances by himself when the spirit moves him. He's definitely odd but you can tell he is thoughtful and not out to impress anyone. He does his thing and doesn't care if you approve or disapprove. He seems quite comfortable being himself. He's single. He really intrigues me, I think he's a fascinating guy.

Both of these dudes are single and it kind of blows my mind. They both seem like good catches to me. I hear a lot of INFP guys on here talking about how they can't ever find a partner and I don't really understand it. Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
When you use the word "ideal" I become tempted to overthink and come up with criteria that is too stringent, and I really don't want to do that. Though I want to examine my standards and desires, I also want life to surprise me with things I didn't think of, or characteristics I didn't even know I would appreciate.

My ideal mate will above all be a seeker of truth...a female who looks at life and what it is made of and desires to embrace and understand the raw nature of emotion, communication, spirituality, and the world around her. On this we could identify with each other deeply. A desire to exist beyond the facades, to escape the fixations of this world's novelties and diversions that take captive the thoughts, interests, and energies of the mind and spirit. This is what I most desire in a mate.

My ideal mate should embrace creativity, and have a mind that loves to wonder and imagine and explore. This is something that could join the energies of our minds and relate to each other with.

She should know who she is and accept who she is, and have that independence for herself. She would have a gentle heart with free expression. Though I am naturally drawn to physical beauty, physical beauty alone does not win me over. I find more beauty in a girl that spills her inner beauty into her physical image through her smile, her eyes, and her attitude, more so than a girl who attempts to draw the attention to her physical body. My ideal mate's eyes will be magical orbs...worlds to visit with each glance that share with me her feelings, desires, and her appreciation.

My ideal mate needs traits that will help balance out mine - I don't want just a slightly different version of me to project myself upon. She should be ambitious and accomplished in setting and meeting goals, with an ability to organize and help to motivate my struggle in that area.

Spiritually, I desire a mate who considers her spiritual growth and relationship with God as the most important part of her life, even more than me, because I realize that her health in this area will help her to have the confidence and character that will spill over into our relationship. As a fellow human seeking truth and good character, I cannot be the primary source of that, and if I were, there would only be unnecessary disappointment and frustration in one another. Instead, I want to be 2nd in her life behind God, that she may find her soul's highest fulfillment in Him, and that I may be the human aspect of that fulfillment.

Lastly, I desire a mate who sees no limits to intimacy, who is willing to see every embrace or exchange of words or meeting of eyes as an infinite well of love that may be drawn from and drank from by both.

I could go on, but I shouldn't make this post any longer...besides, this is making my heart sigh.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Both of these dudes are single and it kind of blows my mind. They both seem like good catches to me. I hear a lot of INFP guys on here talking about how they can't ever find a partner and I don't really understand it. Makes no sense to me.
So why aren't you dating INFP Guy #1? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts