Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. MBTI Personality Tests: Most often score me as INFP, sometimes INFJ or INTP, occassionally as ENFP. This test, which takes into account cognitive processes as well, scored me as ENFJ.

2. Enneagram: I think I am 9w1 sx - 7w6 (counterphobic) - 4w5, but I'm not super duper sure. It just seems to be the best fit I can manage so far.

3. Other people's perceptions of my MBTI: Most people would think I was ENTP upon meeting me, some who know me a bit better think I'm ENFP or ENFJ.

4. Interaction style: Primarily "Get-Things-Going" (associated with ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP, ESFP)

5. Temperament: Clearly Idealist/Catalyst (NF) in MBTI, but classic temperament has me at Melancholy.

6. Big 5 - scUaI

7. For most of my life, I was positive I was INFJ, and then recently I was positive I was INFP.

8. I have Asperger's which sometimes causes some NT tendencies, especially INTJ.

9. Introversion/Extroversion - I was very introverted growing up, but I also never had a problem going up to someone I knew I would get along with and introducing myself. As I've gotten older, I've learned to feel more comfortable with and enjoy socialization more. I prefer the company of myself, but I gain a lot from social interaction, too.

10. I'm definitely primarily iNtuitive. I only do Sensing functions at all as a result of having trained myself to be able to do them. I think, oddly, I do Se more often than Si most of the time, because I find Si to be dull and Se to be fun. (My mom and brother are both ISFPs, and I like their Se, so I've learned to imitate it.)

11. Feeling/Thinking - growing up I was very strongly Fi. However, I've learned to moderate my Fi with some Fe as well as some Thinking functions as I've gotten older. I don't typically grasp the concept of Ti at all, but I think I must still do it a lot, because I can easily understand the way xNTPs work/think.

12. Judging/Perceiving - I've always had some J traits and some P traits. When I was younger, I seemed more strongly J because I always did things right away, I had very strict ideas about scheduling and stuff like that. However, I've always been pretty disorganized and forgetful and stuff like that. I don't like people to change up their plans on me once we've agreed on something, I don't like people to be unmotivated and lack direction or action, and I never miss a school assignment (unless I deemed it stupid) or show up late, ever. But I do get more anxious AFTER I turn something in than BEFORE these days, and thus, procrastinate all the time. I do try to keep my schedule a bit flexible until I must finalize it. I do like more experiences and possibilities and as much perspective as I can possibly acquire.

I don't know why anyone would read through all of this, but if you have, thank you, and I'd appreciate any or all of your thoughts. Please and thank you. (/Kim Possible reference, and yes, I like that show even though I'm supposed to be a grown-up person.)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*shrug* based on your results you just seem to be too inbetween to be placed in a specific type. Pick whatever type you want :p
Type XNXX, perhaps. :laughing:

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Being Aspergers does make things more tricky.

Have you read functional descriptions in detail? The test is inaccurate so instead of taking it over and over and over again, best way to go about determining your type is to read functional descriptions and see which ones you can relate to more. Good place to start: Function Attitude

Read about Fi, Ni, Ti and Ne - tell us which description resonates the most with you.

Enneagram: do you relate more to this profile Enneagram Personality Type 4: The Artist or this profile Enneagram Personality Type 9: The Peacemaker

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being Aspergers does make things more tricky.

Have you read functional descriptions in detail? The test is inaccurate so instead of taking it over and over and over again, best way to go about determining your type is to read functional descriptions and see which ones you can relate to more. Good place to start: Function Attitude

Read about Fi, Ni, Ti and Ne - tell us which description resonates the most with you.

Enneagram: do you relate more to this profile Enneagram Personality Type 4: The Artist or this profile Enneagram Personality Type 9: The Peacemaker
These descriptions are a bit difficult for me to follow. If only someone had better examples for me, extracts of writing which demonstrated different functions at work, or comparisons of how different functions would work in the same scenarios (both social and academic/professional). But, wouldn't that style of understanding a concept be Ti with a bit of Ne?

As far as Enneagram, I relate to 9 by far the most.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts