Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

As an INFP musician, which instrument do you play and what is your relationship with music and/or your instrument?

I play the guitar but there are TONS of instruments I'd like to play. I have a good ear for melody but I'm bad at rhythm, I prefer feeling to technics and I prefer improvising to following a score. I like composing but I can't finish anything.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,592 Posts
I'm a wind band and general music teacher. I play saxophone, and I say that when anyone asks because I've had the most formal training on that instrument. I can play the other wind band instruments, percussion instruments, orchestral stringed instruments, piano, guitar, and ukulele to at least a beginner level. I also teach children how to sing, so I guess I play the voice too.

I love to teach young people how to perform thoughtful musical phrases with a lovely sculpted tone. It's awesome when I can get into the "why" of the phrasal qualities with them. I loved learning the intricacies of musicality from my teachers, and I like to pass it on whenever possible.

I don't like practicing... But I've never regretted the practice I put in.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Guitar. Mostly fingerpicking acoustic 12 strings instrumentals for my own enjoyment. Just a hobby I've stuck with since 1974. I suck at lyrics & structure so I don't write songs or play for people. I rarely play the same stuff the same way every time. Sort of an endless jam. Sometimes electric 6 or 12 string through various sound processors & a tube amp. Leo Kottke said playing guitar is like chewing fingernails. It's a habit & not easy to stop.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I play the guitar but I used to play the drums. I think I prefer the drums over guitar but I wanted to write songs and sing so I sold my drums to buy myself a guitar. I rely on intuition a lot when playing music, especially on drums. I don't think I'm technically proficient but I'm still alright. I like my songs to have passion, I don't want them to be impressive technically, I ju were quite based on rhythm.
The few musicians I've played with have told me that what stood out of the ideas I showed them was the rhythm (apparently my riffs etc are interesting rhythmically)

As much as I love rock music, I can't stand 'pure" rock and roll anymore. I like to mix rock melodies with foreign sounding stuff or classical music like Serge Gainsbourg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts