Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken a number of tests but I've never been sure if I'm an infp. Lately I've been trusting logic over intuition and have been avoiding anything requiring feelings. Not sure if this is me in survival mode or if I'm supposed to be like this, but I retested and ended up being an entj, with intuition high and the other three preferences border line. I don't think this is possible. Then again I might be going crazy because I thought I was an entp a month ago. I like being in control of things, I like position, I day dream a lot, love to create, dream, clean, organize, be alone, be around people I'm comfortable around. I didn't talk much at work until I got to know at least a little about every one. I like figuring things out, concepts and theories, and mostly the truth. Music, any art form, performing, leading. Being spontaneous, small groups, clubs, public places with introverted people minding their own buisness, crowds, public speaking, helping others, studying people, clean things, and when something is finally put together. I'm not sure if this will help but I hope it does. I want to know what my type is and though I can type anyone else, it's harder when it's you. Thanks!

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Is ENFP not possible for your type? I just find it odd how you could jump from Fi-dom/Te-inferior to Te-dom/Fi-inferior. Of course, I was thinking I was an ISxJ at one point...briefly.
But really, what about ENFP?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure. I've gotten this before but I'm not very sensitive at all. I think everything has it's place and I think I'm way too organized of a person to be this. Also, I never think feeling first. Always what's logical in the situation and decide based off that. Though I do have a passion for anything artistic and am myself very creative. I incision things all the time. I'll check out enfp.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
This is the third typing thread you have started without finishing any yet - no I don't mind, just stating a fact. :happy:

My point is: Starting things and not finishing them is supposed to be an xNFP thing...

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Instead of taking tests I would recommend you read up on cognitive functions and do some introspection. You do sound like a type that uses NeSi to me so INxP or ENxP. These types usually have problems matching themselves to a profile I am assuming because their intuition is extraverted, aimed outside at the environment and the next moment, so they have problems seeing past behavior patterns within themselves.

References to read over:
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/24032-intro-function-theory-more-detailed-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html
http://personalitycafe.com/articles/28997-explaining-ti-fi-types.html
Function Attitude
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types

1 - 5 of 5 Posts