Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was little I was very creative, very determined and full of life sort of bossy
up until I was about 8 years old

then I moved to another country and learned a new language and everything after that was basically negative emotional abuse, car accident injury, a teacher being hard on me while I was learning english so it made me feel doubt my abilities etc.
the emotional abuse stopped BUT I became a very emotional person very aware of how I was feeling and making sure I didn't upset other people very submissive sort of a mess of a person unless my values were threatened
I tested as an INFP then

now im 18 starting to become more practical, put together, school oriented, and trying to be more aware of whats going on around me instead of in my head about my feelings

now im in my head about other things less feelings more organized & analyzed decision making about my future

now the Jung test says im INFJ
?

I have bouts of introverted or extroverted times in my life

Can you type me?
If not can you ask me questions to help type me?

Thank you

·
Registered
75 Posts
now im in my head about other things less feelings more organized & analyzed decision making about my future
It sounds to me like you are J. But basically, the way to know is whether you prefer structure or not. While I am not always completely organized, I do prefer it. I like to follow a schedule, map a route ahead of time, etc. While I like to be spontaneous now and then, I definitely prefer order.

Does that help? Basically, if you were going on a road trip, would you prefer to plan every destination ahead of time? Or would you rather get there and figure it out as you go?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
In my experience J or P for INFx types do not correlate to orderliness to the same degree as for other types. But it is still some kind of indication.

To me it seems that you are starting do develop your tertiary function and that is what make you feel you don't recognize yourself as the same type anymore...

If it is Te developing, which could make sense from your description, then you would not be INFJ but rather INFP, choosing from the two.

I usually post this link for people choosing between INFJ and INFP: INFJ or INFP? a closer look
But please read, the rest of this, because I think that you might really be neither type.

Instead I get the feeling that you might actually be better described as ENFP. This is primarily based on your stating explicitly that you relate to both Introversion and Extraversion - an NP that is Introvert is more likely to be confident about her Attitude - but it does make a lot of sense in the details as well.

ENFP would translate to Ne as dominant, Fi as auxiliary, Te as tertiary, and Si as inferior. The inferior S could explain why you feel stuck inside your head. Fi is about your feelings. Ne could be what makes you feel creative but without any function to support it, makes it difficult for you to express your creativity.

While I don't want to rule out INFP, I don't think tertiary Si and auxiliary Te does not fit as well with what you describe.

Also, and probably most important, from what you describe about your childhood, it seems that you were clearly more extrovert as a child, but that later events have made you more shy and withdrawn. If the events you are descibing are what made you more of a feeling person, or if that is your auxiliary naturally developing at that age, is probably a moot point anyway - either explanation is in itself sufficient in your case, I think, and them coinciding would well explain the relative importance you put in your Fi, despite it not being your dominant.

(Yes, I did draw some conclusions from you other thread as well...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts