Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so I know this has probably been discussed a thousand times but I cba to go and find another thread (soz guys :frustrating: ). I've known that I'm INFP for about 2 years now and have tested INFP every single time. I relate a lot to the INFP descriptions I've read. However while researching the functions recently, I've found that I click much more with INFJ than INFP functions. I mean, INFP really fits me but Ni and Fe fits me so much more than Fi and Ne. I'm definitely INFp on socionics but does that mean that I HAVE to be INFJ on MBTI? Is MBTI defined BY the functions? Do I have to be INFJ if I relate more to Ni than Fi? How does this work? I'd say that I have very high P though, that's the thing. I'm very disorganized but highly intuitive. I read that INFJs are less organized than the other judging types because they follow their intuition more. What do you think?
Nazy :proud:
PS. sorry if this post makes no sense...I ate too many easter eggs :tongue:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'd say that I have very high P though, that's the thing. I'm very disorganized but highly intuitive. I read that INFJs are less organized than the other judging types because they follow their intuition more. What do you think?
The thing about J vs. P is that when you have a perceiving type, the primary mode of relating to the outer world will always be an irrational (perceiving) function. Ne and Se don't make decisions (judging), so they don't impose any sense of external order. This is why disorganized and perceiving are linked by these systems like MBTI. The thing is though, when you have an irrational function, it's always going to be paired with a conscious rational function, so there is always order in a sense. It's just with P types the order comes from a subjective force of will, so it is in a sense useless to any observer (the manner of response comes from a unique, differentiated perspective on identification [Ti] or worth [Fi]).

So when you say you've heard INFJs are less organized than other J types, why might this be? Well, Ni is a function that deals with an individual's abstract senses (so nothing in hard facts; it's not concerned with perceiving any objective detail like its estranged cousin Se. Not to imply senses tell us how to describe or prescribe value to stimuli—this is done by T/F). Ever read that Ni is the most supremely ambiguous function and found its descriptions lacking? This is why. It stand directly against what is presently real and concrete. It is a subjective irrational function.

Socionics is gross, by the way. It may have some kind of merit I just don't see, but either way I recommend not mixing Jung and Socionics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I think I'm INFP. I'm really into socionics atm - I'm not going to dwell on it too much because I know there's a separate forum for that - but my question is, do you think it's possible to be INFP in both socionics and MBTI? I'll ask it here and also on the socionics forum. Thanks :3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts