Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know online mbti tests are pretty unreliable and any mbti 'expert' I've chatted with agrees that online descriptions are kind of a trap for one to type themselves. There's also always the chance that one might not be able to type themselves with any of the 16 types at all.
The clues I DO have and the 'suspicions' about myself is that I'm most likely INFP or INTP.
I've also occasionally typed as INFJ, INTJ, ISTP or even ISFP.

The things that made me think I might be a sensor are:

1. I'm very attuned to my senses. I'm even attuned to the freaking weather. But I am NOT one to notice details. Occasionally when something interests me and I focus on it I will notice details quite a lot but in general, in my daily life, I'm the typical absentminded person who sees the forest but not the tree directly in front of her.
A comical example: 2 days ago I was at a cafe with my sister and mother. The waitress brought my coffee and a glass of water. Later when I was done with my coffee I was thirsty for water so I started looking around the table to the direction of my mom and sis who were seated across from me, for a glass of water. I found my mother's and sipped from it and a few secs l8r I noticed that I had my own glass of water directly in front of me, next to a lil flower stand on the table. That had to be the most literal and realistic example of the 'you see the forest but not the tree' symbolism.

2. I'm not into philosophy or debates that lead nowhere. I used to be into metaphysics and the occult since I was 12 up until a few years back (I'm 27), but eventually I found what I was looking for, I have my beliefs now and they are the truth for me so from then and on I'm no longer in research for metaphysics or philosophical stuff. Maybe it's the fact that I kind of got bored of them after years of hearing all sorts of philosophical [email protected] or maybe I just find them pointless by now? Whatever the case, philosophical convos and debates bore the daylights out of me and in my experience, majority of the so called 'philosophers' are just self deluded and kind of arrogant little 'I know it alls' who like to use big fluffy and fancy words to make themselves sound wayyy more intellectual than they actually are. There's a huge difference between philosophers and philosopher wannabes. I also don't like debates about stuff that are not applicable in some way or debates just for the sake of debates.

These 2 things are the only things that made me ponder if I might be a sensor.
But being a sensor just doesn't sit well with me.

I'm most likely an intuitive and a perceiver. Just not sure which one.

1. I use both logic and feelings (haven't decided which I use the most). There are times where I'll use coldblooded logic for stuff and others where my feelings get the best of me. Again I'm not sure. I don't believe that feelers don't use logic, they probably use their own logic just like thinkers use robotic logic which is also not 100% good. I hate robotic or 'black-white' thinking. And from what I see from the majority of web mbti fandom, lots of people who represent 'thinking' types are an embarassment to the word 'thinking'. Not even sure if these people even know what logic really is.
2. I'm in my head more often than I'd like, I'm brainstorming ideas that are usually innovative or just creative or I overanalyze stuff. I also love researching. Researching, languages and the environment are my biggest and only skills. I love art but I'm not good at making art.
3. Like I said, I overanalyze (analysis-paralysis) most of the time which also makes me often depressed about stuff but I'm also just as easy to have joy again. Mood swings??
4. Sarcasm and cynicism. Lots of it. I roast the world in my mind 24/7 and it's a good thing that only a tiny bit of it publically heard or most people would loathe me lol.
5. I have highly held beliefs and a 'code' of my own which is not to be messed with. I believe in the gift of freedom of will and thought and if anyone tries to force their opinions on me or try to be 'sly' about changing my mind or any of that stuff, they're going to feel the 'wrath'.
6. My beliefs, my loved ones and my freedom are my top priorities.
7.I love studying. Learning is my drug.
8.Most of societal stuff either bores me or makes me cringe. I don't care about trends, social protocols or anything else I consider pointless or idiotic. Naturally, in situations where I have no choice I'll have to endure them like everyone but I just feel very strong dislike for them too.
9.My intuition is very strong.
10. I may not be organized like a judger but if I set my mind to something and really want to make it, I can be quite organized, ESPECIALLY in my work. I like clean cut, organized and clear work environments and instructions.
11. I DON'T believe that I'm better than anyone. I cringe everytime people think that their 4 letters type makes them somehow unique or 'superior' than anyone else. I have many flaws and weaknesses and I'm fully aware of them. I'ts not just an insecurity thing, it's more of knowing my abilities and limits. If I have a skill then I'm going to recognize it just as I will recognize the weakness. I don';t believe in deluding myself or sugarcoating my personality to make it look more 'unique' than it is. And I don't think that being a thinker or a feeler actually proves your intelligence or lack of.

So does anyone have any idea/ input? :laughing:

·
Registered
224 Posts
You are the textbook example of a ranting feeler. :)

Check INFP and Enneagram Four.

MsCoffee said:
I believe in the gift of freedom of will and thought and if anyone tries to force their opinions on me or try to be 'sly' about changing my mind or any of that stuff, they're going to feel the 'wrath'.
Good luck then discussing that topic with any professor of philosophy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are the textbook example of a ranting feeler. :)

Check INFP and Enneagram Four.

Good luck then discussing that topic with any professor of philosophy.
Ranting is quite accurate actually :laughing: I have so many things to say and most times I end up ranting them out out of frustration. Don't take it wrongly.

Can you explain your conclusion though? Thanks for your reply anyway :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts