Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I think I'm either INFP or ISFJ.

For starters, I feel very Si. My memory shocks people and while I love novelty, I often prefer past things. Like I love anything that brings me nostalgia and I can listen to the same song over and over for years it feels like. I feel like an old lady sometimes cause I look back at the past and think they were the better days. I do like breaking some traditions(like being a girl who spoils her guy), but there is beauty in tradition too, like some things wouldn't be the same. While the future can be exciting, I'm scared of losing past things. A lot of my interests are more traditionally S, and I know this is a stereotype but I have very ISFJ interests. I love to cook, do crafts, love aesthetics, like learning about history, and like listening to music. I like some fiction, but you'll catch me watching a cooking show before a fantasy drama. I am very daydreamy, but it's more about realistic things usually-conversations, music in my head, my boyfriend, typology stuff.

But, I also feel very Fi. I don't think I'm ISTJ because I don't feel very Te. I'm very individualistic, I love expressing myself through everything I can and I love standing out. I'm highly introspective and am on a search for identity. I keep my feelings to myself a lot, but they run deep. I have these values that mostly come from within without anyone having had me to teach them. Open-mindedness, loyalty, acceptance, forgiveness, looking out for underdogs. I guess I'm not anti Fe as I care about social norms unless they go against beliefs and I think about my impact on others a lot, but yeah. By social norms, I'll care about being polite and looking good, but if someone wears pajamas in public or something I don't care.

My Si feels stronger than my Ne yeah, but there's still some Ne in there I think. By novelty, I'm not the bravest person, but I love anything weird. I do think about numerous possibilities, which makes me a very indecisive person. If my mind's not in the past, it's in the future. I think about future plans a lot randomly. Also when I look at a picture, I'll describe it metaphorically rather than literally. Like I'll think of scenarios that will be happening or what era it could be from rather than describe the details.

So yeah, which do you think? Hope this is enough info. If I had to type myself by dichotomies I'd say ISFP, but I know dichotomies are bad and I don't feel Se.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You sound a lot like me. I would get INFP because you use a lot of I feel statements. I feel statements is very Fi, Fe uses them too, but not as often because Fe is more for everyone and not just themselves. Fi isn’t selfish, they just have a deeper understanding of themselves.

Dichotomy isn’t the best, it always says I’m high introvert but more middle in the rest,

I should also say that all the traits that you like that Fe has.. Fi can definitely like that, it’s not a one sided thing. Things that you like doesn’t always make up the functions.

The way you typed all of this was very very Ne, but I will say you do use a lot of Si, it’s the way you typed it. Gives Ne vibes. Very “I have experienced this personally and introspectively” and “this is very possibility”. You show a lot more Ne than you think. So INFP from me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts