Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so am i infp or isfp? Id like to touch this from their functions...

So infp: fi ne si te
Isfp: fi se ni te

Okay im sure im a fi user... but like i cant decide if i am a ne user or ni user or se or si user. I type as infp in major test but isfp as a close second but idk i had this feeling that many infps on the internet are coping from loneliness and trauma, a lot of posts sound bitter and kinda "reading into it too much" bc yes ive been depressed since mid school for reasons i wont touch here.

i also asked bc i dont relate to all infp description, i usually say that I dont have to relate 100% but idk.... is this bc my enneagram is 6?

It says ne is able to make connection between abstract ideas but what? I used to think im able to do that bc I can read people and notice something other dont about people and imagininv myriads of possibilities... but like looking at ne user explaining their thought like able to find connection between christmas tree and a platypus, i feel like i dont do that? Also when imagining possibilities i realized it was just ONE worst possibility, not myriads of it.... i am indecisive about buying things though.... mostly bc im aftaid ill eegret it but i did research before buying and mentally weighted the pros and cons, or is this sensing?

Also between se and si, hmmm it says that se lives in the moment, theyre able to notice thr surroundings... yes thats me when Im in a new surrounding. I like food, i like walking on the city and observe the environment. I daydream when i drive but like do i really have to notice the road when irs the same route i drive everyday???? But also? I dont like changes, i thought i did but i dont. I like trying out new things when it doesnt involve mu safety and routine but when my routin and security is disturbed, i hate it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Everyone notices their environment.
How they interact with it is different and depends on what they want from life.
Cognitive functions looks at the processes behind a person's decision making.
An ENFP would decide to murder their family for a different reason than an ISTJ.
You don't need to read any of the books or learn any of the jargon.
Just people watch for a brief period of time and then you'll learn to apply the theory more efficiently and effectively.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone notices their environment.
How they interact with it is different and depends on what they want from life.
Cognitive functions looks at the processes behind a person's decision making.
An ENFP would decide to murder their family for a different reason than an ISTJ.
You don't need to read any of the books or learn any of the jargon.
Just people watch for a brief period of time and then you'll learn to apply the theory more efficiently and effectively.
Huh okay.... i tried reading about the function and it just confused me even further and idk im good at reading people but im not good at applying theory to my own judgement about said person.... in the back of my mind i still treat mbti as pseudoscience but a fun one since i get a kick from classifying people

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
but like looking at ne user explaining their thought like able to find connection between christmas tree and a platypus
I am sure some connection exists there but how relevant is it?
Like how is that anyone's go-to connection to see?

Also between se and si, hmmm it says that se lives in the moment, theyre able to notice thr surroundings... yes thats me when Im in a new surrounding. I like food, i like walking on the city and observe the environment. I daydream when i drive but like do i really have to notice the road when irs the same route i drive everyday???? But also? I dont like changes, i thought i did but i dont. I like trying out new things when it doesnt involve mu safety and routine but when my routin and security is disturbed, i hate it.
all I'll say is this sounds normal and I can relate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts