Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken numerous MBTI quizzes,way too many for my patience and sanity(I'm tired of taking 50 question quizzes! >:O),and each one comes up with either of these types:INFP and ISFP.Sometimes I think I may have interpreted the questions differently than from what was intended,and so I get the wrong results...?Or it is because with a lot of the questions(which usually only have two possible answers),I experience both of the answers at the same time,if that makes sense,and so it is difficult to pick the most definitive answer.I don't know,but maybe you guys can help.Here are some details that I have from both types(I'm just basing these off of quiz results).Please correct me if I get the qualities for what type mixed up,because I know I did.They both seem the same to me!

ISFP
~I draw and make music
~Animals are an absolute soft spot,and so are babies,but for some reason not when they get older...
~I'm very observant and appreciative of my surroundings,so I guess that counts for love of nature
~I like to take a step back and look at things from a broader,simpler perspective
~I'm introspective,and I like my solitude so much that my family thinks I'm a hermit with no social life( >:I),but I'm gradually growing out of that as my senior year of high school approaches
~I am an open book.I wear my heart out on my freaking sleeve
~I like to express myself with fashion,items,and that type of stuff(I think that goes for INFP too)
~I always am nice to people and I hate thinking/saying bad things about others
~Insecure and indecisive and extremely sensitive.Not very dominant.I'm a wimp
~Sometimes people mistake me for being incompetent because I'm not very good at expressing myself in front of an audience(it sounded smart in my head,I swear!)
~When I listen to music,I like to absorb the beat,and the instruments and rhythms,rather than paying much attention to the lyrics
~Ultra procrastination

INFP
~I'm very open-minded and tolerant to a fault
~I like to do things my own way and not care what others think
~I like my relationships to be balanced.Conflict screws me up,but I can still deal with it
~I'm kinda paranoid about people screwing me over,due to past experiences
~I relate deeply to others and what they go through,so I'm empathetic
~I'm normally disorganized and unstructured,but when I really try to do something in an orderly way,I'm a perfectionist to the OCD fault
~My head is always in the clouds,I'm always day-dreaming about what could happen,either real or fictional
~I'm a writer
~People think I'm a moody,anti-social loner,and then they get to know me,and they're surprised that I'm nice and seemingly innocent and naive,and then they really get to know me,and are surprised that I'm not so innocent and naive as they thought...:tongue:
~I'm still moody though.And a mix between shyness and being anti-social
~I have a very short attention span.And extreme short term memory loss.What a lovely combination
~I'm a hopeless romantic underneath it all

~I like to talk a lot,which I think has been established already,in slow detail and like a storyteller.I dunno if that fits for either of them.

I have an aversion to counting myself as an INFP,for some reason(I feel more comfortable in the ISFP boards!),mostly because of how I hear that it takes them awhile to open up to people(is that true at all?),whereas I tell people my life story on the second day I know them. :laughing: Well,I hope this helps in discerning anything.If not,I can add more details about myself,because I'm so lazy I just took what I found true about me from all the quiz results.Any help,much appreciated.

EDIT:Sorry for such a long post!I gab so much that I lose track of how much I'm typing!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really,because I am not intuitive at all.I tend to take everything at face value,and I don't really trust my intuition because I don't know how to read it.And what is a "Fe"?

·
Registered
751 Posts
If you're not intuitive then why are you considering INFP? Fe is extraverted feeling, one of the 8 functions that result in the 4 letter combinations like ESTJ or INFP. If I were you, I'd look into the functions by comparing function test results and reading descriptions of them and then you'll be able to come to a better conclusion.

Also, it takes a while for ISFPs to open up - that's not solely an INFP trait. It might be the case with introverts in general but I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I considered INFP because that is what most of my results were,based on quiz results.I'll try to get all the results and come up with my own answer,thanks for the suggestion.

It does?Well,then am I neither?

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Not really,because I am not intuitive at all.I tend to take everything at face value,and I don't really trust my intuition because I don't know how to read it.And what is a "Fe"?

Fe - extraverted feeling Connecting; considering others and the group - organizing to meet their needs and honor their values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others

Fi -introverted feeling Valuing; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

http://jamesbkim.com/content/definition-cognitive-functions

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not sure you're truly an introvert. If you're really open up to people quickly, that may be a red herring for extraversion.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure you're truly an introvert. If you're really open up to people quickly, that may be a red herring for extraversion.
Extraversion?My family and friends say otherwise XD I am extremely shy,to the point that it hinders me from doing certain activities that I might otherwise enjoy,and getting lunch in the school cafeteria is a chore because there is so many people that I feel like are judging my every move.My mom says I'm "scared of people,"which I guess is true to some extent.

I don't like to initiate conversation,and I like to do things alone most of the time,but when someone invites me for friendly conversation and we both have some of the same interests,I could go on and on and on,and I do open up relatively quickly.Sorry for not evaluating earlier.So does that count as being extraverted or introverted,or am I both?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fe - extraverted feeling Connecting; considering others and the group - organizing to meet their needs and honor their values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others

Fi -introverted feeling Valuing; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

Definition of cognitive functions | Life as a Project
Thanks for clarifying.Can someone be both equally?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Okay, I am in the exact same boat as you. I know this is two years too late. And I also didn't take the time to read all of the posts....but I'm also having a hard time deciphering the difference between infp and ISfp. It's bothering me...not because I want to know which one I fit into but because I dont understand the difference. I read a comment that said infps have fe which is extroverted feeling. But i know that's not true because I've read multiple places that infps have introverted feeling and extroverted intuition. I beliebeve isfps also have introverted feeling. Sometimes when I take the test, my N scores extremely high. Other times, I get S. I know I'm not contributing new information here. I guess I'll keep searching.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
@lovelysound: tremendous difference. Ne plus Fi creates for a sense of exploring what one's values and ideals should be, hypothetical scenarios, and all sorts of things. The ISFP has a keen interest in sensory experience, and uses intuition, but in a more targeted way. Their Fi is strong, but they are less interested in "exploring" their Fi through various connections among their experiences and the world around them. Ne plus Si plus Fi.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@bearotter Very helpful. Thank you!
Would you mind explaining this part a little further? " The ISFP has a keen interest in sensory experience, and uses intuition, but in a more targeted way."

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
@lovelysound: It just means that, if you're an S type, you lead with S over N, even if your intuitive skills are powerful. It means when you perceive, you perceive in the direct fashion of extroverted sensing. A mature ISFP will also use Ni quite well, and the big difference between Ni and Ne is that Ne lays out various connections, whereas Ni is about forming your very own picture of the direct sensory stimuli, and/or sometimes, your very own ideas that don't really take root in sensory stimuli. This is used to help your judging function decide what to believe in (and your Fi is your primary bread and butter).

But the main thing is, an Ni-dominant is always Ni-ing. Their intuition is their main cognitive processing. But for an S type, it's not the main thing - it's used more on an "as necessary" basis, although occasionally an ISFP type might use N very prominently (much as some INFJs use Ti pretty prominently).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts