Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that people generally overlook the passion that infps hold within.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I get excited or passionate about something, I feel so thrilled and inspired that I could burst. I literally feel as if my whole world becomes this huge exciting place. I believe this passion that infps hold is not to be taken lightly. I think that our inner passions and inspirations are what make us stand out in our greatness.

Does anyone else hold this similar type of inner passion??

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Pretty sure that's a characteristic INFP thing. It certainly makes sense because we internalize and we hold to such high ideals. At any rate, it very much typifies my time on this earth: jumping from each moment of passion to the next and trying not get almost-literally bored to death while waiting for the next.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yes, passion is what we live for. Normally I keep things to myself, but it's hard for even me to not tell SOMEBODY about it when I'm walking on cloud nine over some (personal) project that's going well, or in the throes of an amazing new relationship, or when I've found an incredible new song, or have come across a revolutionary new idea that changes how I see everything. Literally the happiness seems to balloon up from the heart and almost choke me, or leave me abuzz with a heady excitement and a little tap in my feet. I wish I could feel like that everyday.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, passion is what we live for. Normally I keep things to myself, but it's hard for even me to not tell SOMEBODY about it when I'm walking on cloud nine over some (personal) project that's going well, or in the throes of an amazing new relationship, or when I've found an incredible new song, or have come across a revolutionary new idea that changes how I see everything. Literally the happiness seems to balloon up from the heart and almost choke me, or leave me abuzz with a heady excitement and a little tap in my feet. I wish I could feel like that everyday.
yes! that is like the perfect description of how I feel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, if there was a "table of life" (I know, sounds cheesy. shh :p ), passion would be one of its legs.

I can even get passionate about dispassionate people! Sometimes I just rant to a friend about how so many people can just go about their lives in the same routine, just for the sake of doing it. It bothers me! I can't get along with such people.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Passion is accurate!

4,757 Posts
It's threads and responses like these that make me feel really at home in the INFP forum. The depth my of feeling and my immense passion for the things I love can be almost overwhelming and, when I tell most people about how I feel, they look at me like on drugs or something. But you guys get it. :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know what you mean, it brings on something like a natural high, like nothing can put you down. :happy:

I think people overlook it because we tend not to show it to the same extent. For example, I can't seem to put it in to words when I'm describing something I'm passionate and I'm also a bit modest with the description so it comes off as it being something that I like to others, not something I'm passionate about.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I am passionate about some INFP's I've known on PerC who are kind and can think outside the boxes
:laughing:

I am super passionate about korean drama, playful kiss lately. I keep re-watching the episodes, keep recalling the plot storylines and I smile at the thought of it. Ah I love Seung Jo (played by actor Kim Hyun Joong) and Oh Ha Ni so much, it's like I'm in an entire different world altogether.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I want to also add that INFP passion is why we make great lovers, artists and doers (when we finally get around to it!). Passion + analytical, detail-oriented perfectionism = some of the world's most remarkable works of art/contributions to humanity? Well ok, maybe that's BS, but whatever it is that we INFPs have, it ain't AVERAGE. =P

Reactions: Bago

·
Registered
19 Posts
oh God!! I 've never thought that one day I'll read such things, such confessions...I always felt like a freak, because I get so passionate about things, and i just can't stop smiling, or laughing, or jumping with emotion,or talking..well, that's if i'm with somebody very close or ..alone!!The thing is many people don't understand what we feel, so they misjudge us...after I saw a movie one day , i went to the kitchen where my mom was cooking, and i came in, with a really big smile on my face and full of emotion, and my mom when saw me..well, she said to me to stop acting like this, because it's making her think that i'm going crazy!!!I smile, but after 2 seconds, you know, i just felt punched in my face!!Because it affected me very much to hear her saying that...has anyone been in a similar situation??And, how can I use all that emotion??

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Oh yeah, oh yeah! I love the passion I have for so many things. It's a high! Is it okay to get passionate about being passionate? Let's have a passion party.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh yeah, oh yeah! I love the passion I have for so many things. It's a high! Is it okay to get passionate about being passionate? Let's have a passion party.....
Yuss! I so often feel somewhat overwhelmed with passion and really don't know what to do with it all. I somehow see a passion party among a bunch of INFPs devolving into some kind of awkward orgy, though. We'd need some judge-y/sense-y types involved to keep us in order.

Reactions: will-o'-wisp

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Yuss! I so often feel somewhat overwhelmed with passion and really don't know what to do with it all. I somehow see a passion party among a bunch of INFPs devolving into some kind of awkward orgy, though. We'd need some judge-y/sense-y types involved to keep us in order.
That really made me laugh. The SJs would surely make it far too orderly and over organised. The SPs would make it extra fun and less awkward... call in the SPs!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am on a passion high right now. Wondering if while being super passionate it worries any of you guys that you may not be able to follow through to make things happen?

Please tell me I am not the only one. And how do you guys make sure you follow through with stuff you are passionate about?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think it's an Fi thing, because I totally relate. I often feel bored and slightly edgy when I'm not feeling inspiration or passion...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know why whenever people talk or think of INFPs they only think of the idealistic, soft, sides..Or the emotional sides. Cause we can be really passionate when something really captures our passions. My passion is acting. And that passion is what gets me going even in the worstest situations. I CAN NOT live without my passion. My passion towards acting or believing the world is still good. And trying to make it good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think it's an Fi thing, because I totally relate. I often feel bored and slightly edgy when I'm not feeling inspiration or passion...
Me too!! I often get bored with other things and passionless at times. But when I'm doing what I love the most it really excites me. And I get really firey.

·
MotM 5/2015 | Bankslayer
13,347 Posts
I personally don't really feel all that passionate tbh.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts