Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a good one.

I will try to hone in on one situation than connect to many similar on or not so …similar.. this may be hard...

( note: I end up not doing this)

Um so I find myself finding solace thinking about someone I am no longer friends with. It was my choice to end it it was based off of protecting what I value more.

Anyhoo...
I find my mind thinking about them a lot I relive past environments but with hypothetical situations involved. I tend to take past environments and converse in them with these people. It's like IMVU where you choose a scene and then make new conversations in that scene.
I was wondering if I was a sensor because I dwell so much on the past... but then I realize the past I like think about is all made up. It's like me constantly taking a time travel machine back in my mind to the environment but everything happening is new. And I experience new thing in those experiences. It's like a videogame where my feeling control the scene ... everything is more idealistic... UNLESS I am FEELING negative... if I FEEL negative then I have all these hypothetically negative past scenarios... ugh.

About the past and data collecting: ( not actual statistics or math). Ew math.

Now I DO think about the past to figure things out like why am I feeling a certain way or what this person may mean or times I have been a sensory type or intuitive. OR how may I have screwed up where did I go wrong what was I feeling in that time and then what should I do now with how I feel about this info.

I seem to actually like research so I can understand things in a broader perspective and even to help myself emotionally. I like to know things by trying to figure them out by looking at data. But at the same time I still come up with possibilities after the data... then I spend like hours thinking about multiple things that branched off from one. I CAN SPEND HOURS THINKING I keep making connections of what if and how may this be and why. What I feel. What they may have felt. Where did I go wrong. Where may I be right. And then I think about society and how it connects... to what I learned in class. I could spend hours thinking and I like to be alone when doing that. I almost compare and contrast things. I am naturally a deep DEEP thinker.

Another example of making connections:
Like just now... I said I was gonna only talk about hypothetical past situation related to 1 situation and I just gave you a whole slew of stuff..

Does that sound infp?
About the hypothetical past situations in that infp?
Liking to research to figure things out to understand them at large is that infp?
Why I spend hours thinking is that infp?

Oh and in relation to future stuff I think hypothetical thoughts but unfortunately they are negative due to anxieties... is that a infp thing? I keep thinking infp think mainly positive future hypothetical situations... but then I guess there are things like anxiety, optimist or pessimist to look into.
I wouldn't say I am a optimist... or a pessimist... I used to call myself a realist cause I cared about not being let down... but I would tend to have idealism in my heart...
Also realism makes me tired. Facts are great but... I don't like feeling bogged down. I think I may be always making connections of what COULD be.

Anyhoo let me know if I am typing myself right. I think I am... I have done a lot of research... looked at sensory types but I don't have that GUT feeling that says yes that's me... only do with infp.
Now I guess I am trying to flesh out that gut feeling more to see if it can be trusted when tested.
It's hard to shake it though.

People say I am infp my friend who is infp intuitively says I am infp but I don't know how to shovel the doubt out of my heart... the what if.. I'm not...
I know no one else can remove that doubt for me but it's nice to have more support for being an infp it helps me rest a bit more that I am not just going by what I want to believe.

Sorry if I am exhausting you. I don't think I am... but I know I talk a lot.
Thanks for listening :)

PersonallyBeingMe8

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
681 Posts
Does that sound infp?
Liking to research to figure things out to understand them at large is that infp?

Oh and in relation to future stuff I think hypothetical thoughts but unfortunately they are negative due to anxieties... is that a infp thing? I keep thinking infp think mainly positive future hypothetical situations... but then I guess there are things like anxiety, optimist or pessimist to look into.
I wouldn't say I am a optimist... or a pessimist... I used to call myself a realist cause I cared about not being let down... but I would tend to have idealism in my heart...
Also realism makes me tired. Facts are great but... I don't like feeling bogged down. I think I may be always making connections of what COULD be.

Anyhoo let me know if I am typing myself right. I think I am... I have done a lot of research... looked at sensory types but I don't have that GUT feeling that says yes that's me... only do with infp.
Now I guess I am trying to flesh out that gut feeling more to see if it can be trusted when tested.
I am still not the best person at typing others, well, probably more accurate than some random bloke off the street but still. So does that sound infp, I'm not certain, but you do seem to be gathering concepts and ideas. Overthinking is an activity done by quite a few types.

Being negative is, I believe, correlated and associated with infps. Some guy off the internet who created similarminds.com found statistically significant correlations between certain phrases and self-typed infps; however, this does not mean those phrases are only correlated to infps. For instance, both isfps and infps self-describe themselves often as "prone to sadness", so by making a leap in judgment, perhaps being prone to sadness is correlated to Fi. Being a pessimist and anxious are common among our type.

can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer,

You shouldn't worry too too much about being typed correctly. I'd like to believe the infps are rather welcoming to all types. Want a fun exercise? Look up the types of fictional characters you most relate with and see what sort of type they are. Fiction exaggerates qualities.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your honesty
I appreciate your kindness and not being critical of me. For fun and interested I looked into ISFP.
They seem very presented minded. I am definitly more in tune with my emotions and feelings and create out of an idea than chasing details to find why i am creating or writing.

I have been watching why I do things before I thought of I just go with the flow... but no.. i actually think split second before I do things and have a general idea of what I want.

Use many puns and speak in metaphors connects 2 concepts unrelated through feeling.

I am more a King David.
He is a character. Real to me.
But a character.
In psalms he really goes into his emotions talks about what he's feeling and sometimes dances around. VERY poetic called the psalmist uses much symbolism (me thinks)

I find the Hebrew language fascinating with its expression and idioms.
I love languages tho.

Very focused on symbolism.
I may look at details in a pic but my main focus is what does it mean :)

Can't call myself ENFP dont get energy from ideas much...
Also I dont gain energy from being around people. I do deep connection causes me to want hang on though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is a good one.

I will try to hone in on one situation than connect to many similar on or not so …similar.. this may be hard...

( note: I end up not doing this)

Um so I find myself finding solace thinking about someone I am no longer friends with. It was my choice to end it it was based off of protecting what I value more.

Anyhoo...
I find my mind thinking about them a lot I relive past environments but with hypothetical situations involved. I tend to take past environments and converse in them with these people. It's like IMVU where you choose a scene and then make new conversations in that scene.
I was wondering if I was a sensor because I dwell so much on the past... but then I realize the past I like think about is all made up. It's like me constantly taking a time travel machine back in my mind to the environment but everything happening is new. And I experience new thing in those experiences. It's like a videogame where my feeling control the scene ... everything is more idealistic... UNLESS I am FEELING negative... if I FEEL negative then I have all these hypothetically negative past scenarios... ugh.

About the past and data collecting: ( not actual statistics or math). Ew math.

Now I DO think about the past to figure things out like why am I feeling a certain way or what this person may mean or times I have been a sensory type or intuitive. OR how may I have screwed up where did I go wrong what was I feeling in that time and then what should I do now with how I feel about this info.

I seem to actually like research so I can understand things in a broader perspective and even to help myself emotionally. I like to know things by trying to figure them out by looking at data. But at the same time I still come up with possibilities after the data... then I spend like hours thinking about multiple things that branched off from one. I CAN SPEND HOURS THINKING I keep making connections of what if and how may this be and why. What I feel. What they may have felt. Where did I go wrong. Where may I be right. And then I think about society and how it connects... to what I learned in class. I could spend hours thinking and I like to be alone when doing that. I almost compare and contrast things. I am naturally a deep DEEP thinker.

Another example of making connections:
Like just now... I said I was gonna only talk about hypothetical past situation related to 1 situation and I just gave you a whole slew of stuff..

Does that sound infp?

People say I am infp my friend who is infp intuitively says I am infp but I don't know how to shovel the doubt out of my heart... the what if.. I'm not...
I know no one else can remove that doubt for me but it's nice to have more support for being an infp it helps me rest a bit more that I am not just going by what I want to believe.

Sorry if I am exhausting you. I don't think I am... but I know I talk a lot.
Thanks for listening :)

PersonallyBeingMe8
It's hard to type someone online but that sounds INFP ... Well at least, I can relate A LOT as one. I did a whole lot of reviewing past hypothetical situations (with former love interests and not with friends as you do). I call them scenariis and they're vivid like a movie. The "what if"s are just ... the stuff Ne is made off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts