Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
OMG, I think that woman just noticed I absent-mindedly said thanks to a vending machine #infpproblems
BAHAHAHAHAHA
So funny and relatable, cracked me up :D

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Physical illness: family does everything they can to support you.

Mental illness: family neglects your needs, acts as if nothing's happening, leaves you to drown in suffering, generally contributes to your symptoms.

#infpproblems
#doublestandard

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sometimes I'm not aware of myself whenever I'm talking to someone I like so I accidentally drool a bit #infpproblems

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
When people often suggest you should start a job on the side doing some artistic pursuit (like using your camera for doing event-photography, recording audio-stories for kids at a professional studio, helping make illustrations for a children's book) but you don't because you are too picky and perfectionist about your work, and besides, you can think of about 100 other people more talented and qualified than you to do the job, and maybe you'll do it some time in the future when you've honed your skills and feel more prepared..... so you end up not embracing the opportunities.

#INFP perfectionist problems :dry:
Or you do embrace the opportunity and have mild success but quickly burn out on the details of running your own business.

#INFPproblem

·
Registered
156 Posts
Walking in a corridor and seeing a large group of men about to pass me. One of them looks directly at me and raises his hand when we are about to pass each other. I (completely misinterpreted) swoop in for the 'high-five' and clap the unsuspecting man on then hand with a huge grin plastered on my face. Little did I know that he was actually waving to the person behind me and we were complete strangers. :blushed: #INFPproblems

7 Posts
Physical illness: family does everything they can to support you.

Mental illness: family neglects your needs, acts as if nothing's happening, leaves you to drown in suffering, generally contributes to your symptoms.

#infpproblems
#doublestandard
YES thank you.
Going on 5+ years of that now. It's like it's taboo to mention, and if they ignore it, it'll go away on it's own. Like internal hemorrhaging I suppose.

·
Banned
467 Posts
I track my mood changes like ESTPs track the stock market. #infpproblems
The library is closed at 11 p.m. This is not ethical. #infpproblems
Why is The Brothers Karamazov only 774 pages long? It's too good to end! #infproblems
Why do I have so many problems? #infpproblems
I really should assert my needs in my relationships, but... wait, by saying that, am I asserting something? #infpproblems
I've totally wished before the bookstore was open at 11 p.m. I studied music in school, and think the 11 p.m. practice time was one of my favs.

·
Banned
467 Posts
Sometimes I'm not aware of myself whenever I'm talking to someone I like so I accidentally drool a bit #infpproblems
Fuck, I did this recently! #awkward But I laughed it off in conversation so think it went over fine. Awkward what I didn't address was getting gas from sex with boyfriend. #goodandbad TOTALLY meant to. Made me MORTIFIED, but he was sleeping half the time...then it is the middle of the night...so what do you say? #fml

·
Registered
18 Posts
Walking in a corridor and seeing a large group of men about to pass me. One of them looks directly at me and raises his hand when we are about to pass each other. I (completely misinterpreted) swoop in for the 'high-five' and clap the unsuspecting man on then hand with a huge grin plastered on my face. Little did I know that he was actually waving to the person behind me and we were complete strangers. :blushed: #INFPproblems
somthing like that happened to me once, but with a girl i had a crush on.......it was hell

·
Registered
20 Posts
# INFP Problems

Lol, I made a long list. :'D

#INFPProblemsMan

? = Unsure whether it applies to most INFPs.
No ? = 99% sure it applies to most INFPs.

Major:
- Bouts of Extreme Loneliness (feeling isolated, lost, alone etc.)
- Bouts of Extreme Depression (seems to be somewhat common for me to have a sudden onset of, maybe for others too?)
- Perfectionism / Overly Critical (with themselves) (I am never happy with what I do; when I get 99% for something I focus on what I screwed up on, not what I did well on.)
- Easily intimidated (I'm not sure if other INFPs experience this problem: feeling like you're inferior to other people even when you have no logic reason to feel this way. I find I am most intimidated of ESTJs/ESFJs)
- Easily frustrated (often takes criticism (especially NON-CONSTRUCTIVE criticism) to heart, easily gets tired of making mistakes over and over, gets bored with mundane routines).
- Easily overwhelmed (even small things can make them feel like they're out of sync with reality, which I feel like I often am.)
- Can be easily affected by Trolls (due to taking a lot of things to heart, even if you know they are a troll their things may hurt you.)
- Extreme Obsessive (?) (This one is questionable, but if I keep mistaking mistakes I go back and look at what I did wrong, over and over and over... to the point of insanity as I can never make it 'right').
- Anxiety/ Obsessive Worrier (I ALWAYS worry about stuff, I have never ever been able to stop worrying, even over the smallest things. Such as whether I put socks in the tumble dryer or something).
- Incredibly Indecisive (I always struggle to make decisions as I can see so many possibilities, I turn to obsessively analysing all the outcomes over and over to pick the one that will benefit me the most... even for things like which flavour of crisps you have. B/)
- Cynicism (?) (I don't think this applies to INFPs so much as ENTPs, but I have been told (even by an ENTP) that I am incredibly cynical of other peoples' motives and find it hard to trust people.
- Negativity (I often get this; I expect the worst possible outcome to come true, and even when trying to tell myself it won't happen, I still can't believe in my statement.)
- Extreme mood swings/ Emotional/ Angry (possibly) / Temperamental/ Overly defensive (?) (This might be just me, but I can change rapidly from being incredibly happy, to being pretty darn angry - especially if someone insults me. I seem to have noticed other INFPs doing this when one of their core idealistic views are attacked.
- Whiny/Selfish (?) (This might be just me, but especially when I'm incredibly introverted (depressed), I want the conversation to focus on me - and me alone. I need input from others and constantly obsess over small little body signals they give me. I often block out whatever they say in return if it does not effect me, which is incredibly selfish.)
- Neurotic (?) (Feeling like something is wrong with them even when it's not, like they need to find the answers to life to 'cure' themselves.)
- Jumps to Conclusions (this is slightly different from negativity in that people can say or do something that might only be 'slight' and you interpret it in entirely the wrong way. You can't help it, you just do.)
- Inability to cope with stress or conflict (I think this is common as well, I even get stomach ulcers regularly as I find it incredibly difficult to work under pressure and don't do well with deadlines).
- Gets quite easily bored (?) (This might just be me, but I like to find, constantly, new things of interest in the environment... after I obsess over one thing, I often move on to something else. This goes also for my love life, because I'm asexual I have no sexual desire (so this might be untrue for most INFPs) so my partner and I often become bored of each other and move on amicably, I'm interested if any other INFPs experience this problem.)
- Although bored/tired/fed up, has difficulty leaving responsibilities (if I've pledged to something, I often try to stick to it even if I don't enjoy it.)
- Extreme anguish (?) (Maybe doesn't like having to 'wait' for future things to happen).
- Writing too much stuff that most people probably won't read. #TrueStory

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minor:
- Morals often clouds realism (i.e., it might be logically better for you to revoke your morals in favour for actual reality, but this causes great pain and (for some INFPs) is impossible to do).
- Repressive (this, I think, is an F trait which I slightly have... think one thing, but don't have the confidence to say it out loud.)
- Eccentric (when happy I often scare people as they usually cannot (especially if they are J types) follow my train of thought at all.)
- Deep down, think we're right about judgments (?) (Again this might just be me, but if I read into something someone has said/done and they try to turn over a new leaf, I find it very suspicious and am constantly cynical about their motives - it takes me a while to alter passed judgments.)
- Closed Off/In their Own World (?) (I often get told I'm 'cold' from the way that I often drift off into my own imagination and don't let anybody get to know the real me.)
- Aren't truly happy until they discover themselves (?) (I feel like this is what I'm aiming for most of the time.)

^ That's my opinions on INFP problems, please do tell me if some of these just apply to me. >.>'

·
Registered
156 Posts
Minor:
- Morals often clouds realism (i.e., it might be logically better for you to revoke your morals in favour for actual reality, but this causes great pain and (for some INFPs) is impossible to do).
- Repressive (this, I think, is an F trait which I slightly have... think one thing, but don't have the confidence to say it out loud.)
- Eccentric (when happy I often scare people as they usually cannot (especially if they are J types) follow my train of thought at all.)
- Deep down, think we're right about judgments (?) (Again this might just be me, but if I read into something someone has said/done and they try to turn over a new leaf, I find it very suspicious and am constantly cynical about their motives - it takes me a while to alter passed judgments.)
- Closed Off/In their Own World (?) (I often get told I'm 'cold' from the way that I often drift off into my own imagination and don't let anybody get to know the real me.)
- Aren't truly happy until they discover themselves (?) (I feel like this is what I'm aiming for most of the time.)

^ That's my opinions on INFP problems, please do tell me if some of these just apply to me. >.>'
Thank you for making this list, very informative and detailed. Surprisingly a lot of INFPs experience things on your minor list of problems as well!

·
Banned
467 Posts
Just realizing this week that I often hide my true thoughts and feeling from others. Was hanging with a good, old friend and was thinking how it wasn't that fun and didn't want to have conversation about people/gossip, but didn't express that. She felt put out when I mentioned I liked men better to hang out with, especially for intellectual conversation. Was not meant to be a put down and she is wise and understanding about people, but I typically would rather talk ideas, events, etc. as more common girl gossip stuff makes me want to gag. I think I'm fairly bright and the people who stimulate me and who seem to be nice to talk to are Ph.D.s and other professionals. There is a combination of maturity/professionalism with intelligence. And I honestly do find men better company. They are direct and don't talk about fashion, relationships, shoes, etc. I like learning and growing. And there are some bright women out there, they just seem harder to find.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
- Difficulty in feeling as strongly for real things as the fantasies in my mind.
- Find it hard to fall in "love" with real, attainable people; they are either a total fantasy or not realistically available in some way.

#INFPproblems

21 - 40 of 47 Posts