Personality Cafe banner

What casual footwear do you wear most often?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Of the following 8 "types" of shoes, which do you wear the most? (As in casually, in school or going shopping. Do not include "dress shoes" unless you wear them often.) Please excuse any disagreements with "classification" and/or the limited options; this was the best picture I could find illustrating a lot of shoes. It also seems to lack athletic shoes and men's shoes.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Gladiator boots, hellz yeh.

All right, so I almost always wear my flipflops which are great for every occasion, according to an ESFJ.
They're MADE for walking, so I walk in them. Everywhere.

I have a thing for boots, so I do sort of collect the boots I like the most.
I have knee highs and platform combat boots with metal on the fronts and backs. I have had a pair of flame boots since I was about 16 or so?

If I was having to go to school or work, I'd probably wear converse.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I mainly wear trainers since they're the most comfortable and easy to walk around in. I occasionally wear ankle and medium length boots though, and sneakers...

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
If someone made boots that felt like comfortable walking shoes I'd buy a pair now. Now that it's no longer 105 degrees out, I'm walking a lot. In my comfy white nerd shoes that my dad would like. I walked 5 miles in $10 shoes once & my feet hurt for 3 weeks. Anyway I love boots, when I'm sitting down.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Thou shalt wear unique, long boots.

Reason this dreamer doesn't have as many as he wishes-pricing and lack of interesting styles (women always get the more fun stylings, as it seems society is bent on believing that men don't care about the stuff they wear enough to market good looking stuff for them.)

I can and use other shoes, but feel better with my boots on (the other shoes must also be nicer than usual... I am terribly hard to please clothing-wise, though I am not as hard on other people-things just have to look "good" and unique to me, and sometimes I am forced to compromise slightly due to lack of options.)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Group 8 HEELS, especially ankle straps and and open toe

Those are the Sexiest, I feel so sexy wearing heels ;-)

Maybe one day I will feel sexy wearing flats....

NOT!!! LOL!

By 4w3 SX/SP

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
All of group 3 except Dr Martens xD I love love love boots, but half of the time they don't match with thy clothes, so that's when the match-with-almost-everything gladiators come in! :D And flip flops obviously, if I'm just going somewhere nearby!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wish you could choose multiple options for this poll. I wear casual Keds type of shoes or flats in the summer, and flat boots that range from ankle to knee height in the winter. I hardly ever wear heels.
Agreed. Couldn't edit now and add option for multiples, though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
black dr.martens boots, black vans and pink underground creepers
these are like my only shoes but I think they're pretty cool

Reactions: IndigoCopper

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Mostly ballerina flats, Converse/Keds type shoes, or sandals (but usually not flip-flops). I like flats because I can just slip them on and leave.

I've been trying to find some simple round-toed brown boots that end below the knee and don't have a heel. For some reason, every boot seems to have a giant heel. I want a comfortable boot for winter, not an ankle-breaker.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,668 Posts
The things that I take into account when buying footwear are: comfort and durability because I will probably be wearing the same footwear for some time and then donning something more funky on going out. Also, the look I want to convey, even certain small details can put me off clothing or footwear, im very particular, something as small as the colour of the thread or the heel I consider. Some skater shoes are pretty cool, I used to wear them a lot, Etnies, Acupuncture, Nike, Vans(not those loafers though). The shoes should also go with most of my other clothes. Colours - Black, Navy Blue, Grey, Army Green, Brown.

These are something I might typically go for, black with neon laces but too OTT. Just interesting and different enough.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts