Personality Cafe banner

INFP Strange and Interesting Dreams

5K views 53 replies 34 participants last post by  Absurdist 
#1 ·
INFP Dreams - Had any Interesting Ones?

Hello there...

All of my life I've had very strange, interesting, and colorful dreams. Some of them I've remembered since childhood...some go away as soon as I wake up.

I would love to hear about other INFP's strange and interesting dreams and if they are a repeating dream, one shot, or anything else unique about them.

If thread already exists, sorry, I tried searching and didn't find anything.

Ok, ill go first. (its long, sorry)

This is a dream I had when I was 17. It was a one-shot and is my favorite.

Pink Castle Dream:

Dream started in my hometown. My hometown has only 1000 people living in it, and the town is set up with a large townhall in the center square with houses and other buildings spiraling outward around it. In my dream, it was partially dark out, and the townhall in the center of town had been replaced by a shining pink crystal castle with a large crystal spire. The castle looked like one of those figurines you can buy at a Swarovski store.
In my dream, I walk slowly towards the castle and as it gets larger and larger in my vision, i look up at the spire and it stretches up into the clouds further than I can see. The clouds are flying in a moving swirl around the spire. At the top of the spire is a crystal orb putting off light, but it is so far away I can barely see it. I look around me and there are people there, but they look strange. Their bodies have been compressed into two dimentional form and they are holding hands in a line. They exactly resemble a paperdoll cutout except I recognize the people as friends I used to know. As I stand under the crystal castle, the paperdoll people move around me in straight lines. One row of paper doll people move from west to east, the next from east to west, etc. None of their limbs move, they are frozen into two dimensional representations. The whole line of joined paper bodies floats along together. It's rather creepy looking, but I am not afraid in the dream. There is no noise.
I approach the crystal castle and go inside the enormous front doors.
I instantly find myself in the middle of a large empty grassland field. There is a raging thunderstorm above me, but no rain and only light wind. The field is dark except for a spotlight on my area and the light coming from the lightning flashes. Again no sound.
The grass brushes against me and it is about chest high.
I look around and notice there are more paperdoll people (they aren't made of paper, just are regular people squashed into two dimensional flat form and connected at the hands). But this time, they aren't people. They are cartoon pink elephants. Each of their bodies is in a different pose. They look like someone put each one of them in between two microscope slides and squeezed them flat. They are also joined at the hands and there are thousands of them in each row. In front of me I can count at least 10 different rows of smashed pink elephants. Each row is silently gliding one direction or the other. I look at the elephants in front of me and then turn my head to look right or left. When I do, the perspective changes and I feel like I can see an eternity in either direction, the rows strech on forever, the field is endless. I watch the elephants and feel the storm wind in my hair.
Then I wake up.
I always wished i could have the same dream again, it was so cool, but it never happened.

Scary Black BirdBath dream:
Reoccurring dream. Started when I was around 4 and repeated exactly the same way about 3 times a year until I was 18 or so.

The dream starts out at the house where I grew up. The overall tone and theme of this dream is fear, although there really isn't anything in the dream that is particularly scary. I just remember feeling terrified and waking up unable to go back to sleep. It is also a pretty simple dream as I was only about 4 when it first started.
The house where I grew up was a single story. It had a patio door which lead out to a fenced in patio, no roof.
In my dream, I envisioned a black, wrought iron object in the general shape of a birdbath. It had the look of curling, tribal tattoos made out of iron. The object was sitting on my porch, and it was dangerous. Next, in the dream, my house had been reduced from a full house with 4 bedrooms to one room with two exits (with no doors) on one side of the room separated by a closet with a door. On the floor was a large mat. There was nothing else in the room and the room was only large enough to accomodate the size of the mat. My father slept on one side of the mat (was about 20 feet long) and I slept on the other end of the mat. My mom slept in the closet. In my dream I imagine sitting in the room with my family. The room is totally dark and light is streaming in from both exits. In my minds eye, I see a black liquid start to come out of the bottom of the iron object. The black liquid is dangerous and kills everything it comes in contact with. I stare in horror at the entrances to the room as I start to see the black liquid enter into the room.
Then I wake up terrified and shaking.

Ok. Your turn. ;)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Wow, interesting dreams =)

In on of my dreams I'm at a festival, and I sit by a woman with short blonde hair, and blue eyes. She seems very serious, so I keep quiet. She's some sort of witch, and she's reading my hands, when by accident I make fun of one of the idols on her table. It looks funny, so I kind of giggle. She then looks up to me in a very serious manner, and her eyes seem to penetrate through my soul. I'm frightened, so I shake my hand away, and I begin to storm out of the festival.

I have two sisters with me, and I think they're my step-sisters. (I don't have step-siblings or siblings in reality). Anyhow, they're running with me as well. We're trying to go through the gates, and exit, but they suddenly begin to close. Me and my step-sister are able to escape, but the other one is left inside the festival.

Suddenly, I realize no one else was at the festival, but the three of us. The hair on my back stands up, while I keep on shrieking at my other sister to climb the gate, and jump onto our side.

But it's too late.

The blonde woman comes and stands behind the gate. She glances at my sister, and grabs her by her hand. She smiles, and is about to leave with my sister, when I yell at her. I tell her to let her free, and take me in her place. After a silent moment or two, she turns around, and nods. I realize its me she wants all along.

Anyways, so she takes me and let's my sister free. I'm following her, and at last we reach her mansion. In my head, I'm thinking of ways to escape. I see that I don't have any option, other then attacking her. So, I begin to attack her, when she turns around and holds my hands within hers.

We then suddenly begin to time travel to the past. She is stunned, and even though she's a witch she doesn't know what's going on. We're in some fantasy land, that somewhat resembles the medieval ages.

I glance around and everyone around us is dirty. I feel grossed out, I find myself slightly relaxed after holding the woman's hand. Even though a moment ago I was fearing her. She introduces herself, and so do I. Her name is Cecilia.

We see an execution taking place. To our surprise the women resemble us, and they're being executed for practicing witchcraft. Suddenly memories begin to float into my mind of me and Cecilia. She seems to be my sister in a past-life. I'm beginning to hug her, when I wake up in bed.

#3 ·
I used to have a recurring nightmare from the age when I first understood numbers until I was a teenager.

In the dream, I would find myself in front of a ticket window, but there was nothing else in the space but empty darkness. Even the window seemed to be floating there, but there were certainly boundaries that would act as walls that I knew were there, even if I didn't test them or see them. A voice would come from behind the window saying, "Number please." I would give a number, only one through nine, knowing full well what was about to happen. I would turn around and see many of that number, grey in color, flying at me. They were in all sorts of sizes. I would get piled on with numbers, and they were prickly. They felt like stinging nettle touching your skin, now that I think of it. Uncomfortable, not painful, but something I didn't like.

After being tackled by these numbers, they were suddenly gone, and the window was either gone or closed up. On the other side of the ambiguous space, a doorway appeared that looked like an elevator shaft, but no car in the space. Instead, there were telephone poles stacked vertically in the doorway, three wide. They were pushing up and there was a gap large enough for me to jump in, usually in the middle row. I would ride up to the next opening. When I exited, there was always a small table with a yellow umbrella about 50 feet off, something like this, but a bit more Parisian in style:

I would sit at the table for a short time, and I always felt it was a pleasant escape from the previous situation, but the window would reappear, and I had to go to it. It would all start over and loop until I couldn't take it anymore and I would wake up very upset.

#4 ·
Two nights in a row of the mystery reading man. The sound of his voice seems more real for my first few minutes of waking than my pillow.

I have epic, vivid dreams all the time. My mom calls them movie dreams. My dream journal is packed & I can't remember any of the really funny ones, those are my fave.

#5 ·
Ever since I was a teenager, I have been having recurring nightmares. In one nightmare, my mouth fills with smoke and my teeth fall out. One by one.

Anyone have any idea's as to what this dream means? I do. :/

#6 ·
Lunesta dreams scare the crap out of me. The last time I took Lunesta, I dreamed I was a cartoon character, driving around in a cartoon car, in a cartoon world. "Think" Mario Cart. :/*

Gives me the shakes... LOL

Reactions: Lyssah
#7 ·
I have PTSD. I drowned when I was five years old and had to be revived. I can fill this page. I was revived for the second time when I was seventeen.

I never knew my biological father. Earlier this year, I saw what he looked like, was shown pictures of him for the very first time. I had a dream about him a long time ago. The thing is, when I saw the picture of him this year, I wasn't shocked. I already knew what he looked like.

#8 ·
My favorite dream I ever had was that I was laying in bed and someone came into my room wearing a paper bag on their head. They had this glow about them, like a yellow radiant aura, full of life! The figure came over to me and laid on top of me. Suddenly I knew that it was none other than Freddie Mercury of Queen! He didn't take the bag off his head but I knew it was him. As he lays on top of me, he says to me, "You are going straight to Mercury because Mercury is the sun's favorite planet!" And I feel this great honor has been bestowed on me and I hug him and feel so alive! I wake up feeling like a million bucks! Great dream, I tell ya. :D

#9 ·
i have a recurring dream that started when i was really young, 4 or 5. it starts out as a normal, random dream; then, a small black dot appears. it gets bigger and bigger until it sucks my whole dream into it, and i'm left running away from it as it tries to suck me in, too. i used to be terrified of it (my parents like to chuckle about how i used to come into their room in the middle of the night half-asleep saying "the black dot... it's getting bigger... it's getting bigger!"; thanks, mom and dad!), but now i'm usually either annoyed that it's sucking away a good dream, or bored in a "here we go again" sort of way.

i also keep a dream journal that i sometimes write in when i'm half asleep. i wake up to interesting notes like "went to crystal forest. found armadillo. remember to tell <insert person from life> about sword" scribbled to myself.

#34 ·
I love that your dream is factually accurate! There was a final Jeopardy! question about the total sum of U.S. paper currency containing the image of a president recently, and nobody got it right because they forgot the $2. That caused a Thanksgiving conversation about the subject, and most of us knew that Jackson was on the $20. Just a random thought inspired by your post. Why did you object to Jackson? Who did you want instead?

Reactions: Lyssah
#12 ·
I had a dream that there was another war, literally, WWIII. It was all the same countries from WWII but it was the Commonwealth and most of Europe against the US. It was absolutely terrifying because Canada(which is my home) was being bombed day in and day out.
I can't remember most of the dream, but it was so odd and interesting and terrifying at the same time.

#13 ·
Last night I had a dream where I was all the way across town and needed to get a burrito at this very specific burrito place. So as I was going over to the burrito place, suddenly I became Spider-Man and was swinging from building to building until I landed on this corporate business building where I eavesdropped on the CEOs and other senior workers settling on some sort of deal. But then as they made to leave the office room, I became Peter Parker and skateboarded away like I'm surfing in the ocean. The once I exit the building, I'm skateboarding off to the burrito place.

#14 ·
Here's my reply to a similar thread a while back, I must have posted it about 4 times now I hate doing that so sorry if anyone has already seen it:
I used to have these amazing lucid dreams as a child, I used to visit this floating garden land in the sky which was basically a massive rough circle of earth, topped with loads of flowers and in the middle was a huge lake with ducks, creatures and huge waterfalls coming off the sides as well as one bench by itself.

But there was also a land below this which consisted of floating islands in a vast endless sea. Each island had different people and places that did different things and in my mind I could say "yeah I wanna go there!!" or "Nah I didnt like that place" and I could make anything happen within this world.

I could even close my eyes and force myself to wake up if I ended up on one of the scary islands. I used to love this dream, but unfortunately as I got older I seem to have lost the ability to lucid dream and instead I just sleep really deeply and it's been a long time since ive had one of my awesome abstract dreams, or rather since ive remembered having it as far as I understand how dreams work.

Id love to draw that world though....or make a series based on it. :laughing:

#15 ·
hmmm :3 i had a dream that it was the end of the world and my gym class was taken to this weird kindergarten toy wear house. and so my gym teacher (. . . .:3) had set up games and stuff for us to do. i was just hangin around in the corner and this guy my friend likes (who's a bit of an ass) kept trying to touch me and stuff so i was all "NO!" and all of a sudden there was like this menu for a video game and it said "this dream is going nowhere important or of your liking. click 'Continue' to keep going nowhere, or click 'New path' to change your dream." and so i supose i clicked new path because all of a sudden my teacher was in lurve with me and was holding me and everything but nodody seemed to notice. and then i was getting really agitated because my arms were uncomfortable. so i let go and then all of a sudden i was running with my friend down this path in the woods. it was real sunny out and we weren't allowed to turn back. we stoped to catch our breath and then i felt all of these centipedes are crawling down my back. and i tunr to my friend and go "ariana, take 'em off!" and she just stood there. so i woke up half dreamy about the first half and disgusted with the second. ugghhh i could still feel 'em.

#18 ·
This is reeeally long, I know, but it's the most extensive lucid dream I've ever had in my life and it still amazes me to this day that I was able to remember it all. I apologize for the grammar.

"I am staying with my cousins in a hotel downtown, it is late at night and we are ready to go to bed, I look at my cell phone as I enter to hotel room, I have a ton of messages from people responding to a call that I sent out but I don’t want to bother with those right now, the hotel room is two-stories, on the bottom level, it is just a bedroom with a big bed but soon we discover that there’s nothing separating the room from the lobby and people are constantly walking through the room to get somewhere, my cousin and I decide to go upstairs, there is a room upstairs that looks exactly like my bedroom, we are talking, my cousin turns into a person I know from school for a while, he has a pad of paper and is asking me questions about myself to get to know me, I talk about myself being very self-aware and self-conscious and how those things define me as a person, then I get to talking about dreams, I glance at my hand, my fingers are weird, it is like they are constantly moving, they are impossible to count, I get a slight prick of awareness that I am dreaming, I walk swiftly to the bathroom to get some more light, I flick the light switch but it doesn’t work, I realize that I am dreaming, [LUCIDITY], I get really excited and the dream begins to fade, I spin around for a second then remember that touching the surroundings helps ground you in your dream, I crouch down and touch the carpet with my left hand and the wall with my right, this pulls me back into the dream, my eyes are opened really wide, I turn to my cousin and start asking him questions but he isn’t very interesting, I step back into the center of the room and try to think of something to do, I try to stick my finger through my hand, but it doesn’t work for some reason [probably because I don’t believe that it will work], I then jump up and float in mid-air, it feels so good, I am being pulled up slightly just by thinking about it, I let myself down and leave the room, I go out to the top of the stairs, I am thinking “I just have to believe that I can fly” then I think “I can fly,” I jump and float down the stairs, downstairs, in between the hotel room and the lobby, there is a girl standing with a group of girls, she is really pretty, I grab her gently by the shoulders and stop her from leaving, I say “Wait, wait, wait, don’t leave”, her friends pull us apart, they are angry at me for some reason, they walk away, I say goodbye, I walk through the lobby a little bit and I see a man in a black suit and bowling hat, I decide that I’m going to try to control his mind, I tell him to walk to a certain place that I point to, I repeat the command several times, but he doesn’t obey me, I keep assuring myself that I am in control but the dream is so realistic that I can’t convince myself, at a couple of points in the dream, I think that I might actually be in real life, I walk out of double doors into the dark street, it is a huge city with buildings towering over me, it is beginning to rain, it is still night time, I decide I want to fly, I jump up into the air and float, I test things out, I flap my arms and that seems to propel me upward a little bit, I wave my legs like I’m swimming and that moves me a little faster, I lean forward and extend my arms, this propels me forward, I lean back and it stops me, I straighten my body completely like I am diving into a pool and look up and this propels me upward very fast, I shoot into the sky above the city but below the clouds, I make myself stop moving up and I just float there, thousands of feet above the city, I am sort of afraid of falling and I wonder if I will start to fall when I stop moving up but I don’t, after hovering there for a while, I quickly glide back down to the ground like I am on a free-fall, I slow down right before I reach the ground and gently touch down, I am outside of the city a little bit now, it is raining harder, I tell myself that I can make it stop raining, I try but it continues to rain, I try harder, I say “It’s sunny, stop raining,” I hear on a distant radio, the weather forecast say “clear sunny skies are ahead in the forecast,” but I don’t see any immediate results, I am on a road next to a field and a house, I walk over near the house and I see a girl, I talk to her, I lead her inside the nearby house, we are going to climb up into a bed that is in the wall, she lifts the white door to the bed and it is filthy inside, it is like the inside of an old refrigerator, right then, her mom comes down the hall and asks what’s going on, [Lucidity is fading slightly now], I try to explain but she breaks us up and to be honest, at this point, I don’t really want to see the girl anymore, I walk with the mom outside, she mentions her other daughters and I quickly ask where they are, she says that they are around, she asks if I have a cell phone, I pull mine out and she says that she’ll call me if she sees any of them, [on my cell phone where it normally says “Are you dreaming?” it just has my number], I thank her and leave, it has stopped raining, I jump or float up to a ledge on a building and I watch people walk by on the streets below, I am desperately trying to think of something to do and hold onto my lucidity, I think that the dream has gone on so long that I’ll probably forget some of it, I think about Spider-Man and I try shooting webs out of my wrists, it works, I shoot the webs at random people walking by and drag them around, I jump down from the building and go into a department store, I am walking down the brightly lit hallway of the store when I wake up."

#19 ·
My dreams fade away so quickly. :( If I ever want to remember them I have to take notes or try to memorize them before it's too late. They are more random, and sometimes absurd, than fantastic and colorful.

And yesterday I was taking a nap and had a dream (coincidentally, I was thinking about posting a thread about it - but too late :p).
I dreamed I was in an old large library... and I was sitting in a waiting room, waiting for a job interview. There were other people there as well, of every age, waiting for the same interview.
There was a girl, seeming to be in her early teens, who kept cheerfully talking about herself.. the books she liked to read and the art she made. She was handing everyone papers with her drawings, but they were very childish, like stick people, you know? But the people kept making stunned comments about how talented she was. They kept talking, then they started discussing about individualism. They reached the consensus that it was bad, because it made people too withdrawn and into themselves, keeping them oblivious to the world, and thus less experienced. Then, I said something contrary, something in the lines of "people with no sense of individualism don't have a good sense of themselves", to which all of them looked at me with contempt. And.. that was it. o_O

I have the weirdest short dreams when I'm half asleep. There was one time I was on the subway, in the verge of falling asleep, and I dreamed a little cartoon man was outside my window making train-like noises and screaming at me... he looked like the man in "The Scream" picture.
One time, when I was taking a nap on my lunch break at work, I dreamed my coworker (who's a short, petite woman) was running after me with a big katana and screaming "heeeeyyaaaa!". xD hahaha
I also remember dreaming that I was having a philosophical conversation with some supernatural beings... and right this one which seems to be the coolest, I can't remember well. :(

#20 ·
I have a lot of dreams that are recurring - like my tooth falling out, or I am in my pajamas and went to school dressed like that, and everybody is staring at me, but only then do I realize that I am not properly dressed, or I have too much too study and tomorrow is an oral exam day (we had those in highschool), and I just set my mind on reading the textbook. When I usually dream about holding a small female child, someone from my family or I gets usually sick that day or very soon, it is always like that despite the fact that I actually like small female children, but how much coincidental can it get - always I get sick or someone I love gets sick.

Warning = these are disturbing and if you are easily disturbed do not read.

I had three dreams that I will remember as long as I am alive: strange and absurd.

1) I am alone in a snow desert - a flat field of some kind where there is absolutely nothing just whiteness of couple of inches of snow that completely covers the ground. There are no signs, and there are no people. I am lost and seeking some kind of a road sign, but then I find a very narrow orange road, but wait is not a usual road although it leads somewhere and even curves as small pathways do sometimes, but it is made of human roasted flesh neatly packed to make that pathway, and I can see arms, bones, and legs. I needed a lot of reassurance to sleep alone after this dream. I think I was 12 or 13 when I dreamed it.

2) I do not have a transport, and a shiny black horse-drawn Victorian type of a carriage stops by. The horses are also black and shiny. Then, somebody’s hand opens a door, I enter the carriage, which is creepily decorated with red velvet upholstery, and there is a figure of a man dressed in a Victorian suit, and he also has some kind of long black cloak that completely covers him. He is quiet and I am quiet, but I want to get out because I realize this man is a devil. Most of the dream, I am seeking a way to escape, but at the end the carriage stops, and I get out.

3) I am sleeping, but I think I am awake, there is a complete darkness in my dream, there is nothing except a voice which is not a female or male voice and does not have any emotion in it. It is telling me that some religious event is not true and that it is God (the voice), but I do not believe it, and I am feeling very scared because now voice is next to my ear, and I can feel it. But there is a lot of emptiness about it. I am having trouble to get awake, because some strange force is holding me down, I want to scream, but I cannot. Then I actually awake, and I am still feeling that same force is holding me down from moving; I am scared out of my mind. Now, I am shaking and not moving or calling someone to help me because I am terrified. I get a feeling that this is not a natural voice, and I pray. After I prayed, I felt a lot better. For some time, I thought that something intruded in my sleep. I was wondering about whether such experience is some kind of sleep paralysis, but at 3 am at night when I was actually already asleep for 4 hours? I never experienced it again. I had it when I first started reading Bible, I was around 24 years old.

I used to have a lot of sleep paralysis experiences before falling into sleep when I was younger 19-21. I felt something did not allow me to move, or I am floating, or some kind of strange energy is flowing though my body, tut never these expereinces happened in the middle of the night when I am already asleep for quite some time.

#28 ·
1) I am alone in a snow desert - a flat field of some kind where there is absolutely nothing just whiteness of couple of inches of snow that completely covers the ground. There are no signs, and there are no people. I am lost and seeking some kind of a road sign, but then I find a very narrow orange road, but wait is not a usual road although it leads somewhere and even curves as small pathways do sometimes, but it is made of human roasted flesh neatly packed to make that pathway, and I can see arms, bones, and legs. I needed a lot of reassurance to sleep alone after this dream. I think I was 12 or 13 when I dreamed it.

2) I do not have a transport, and a shiny black horse-drawn Victorian type of a carriage stops by. The horses are also black and shiny. Then, somebody’s hand opens a door, I enter the carriage, which is creepily decorated with red velvet upholstery, and there is a figure of a man dressed in a Victorian suit, and he also has some kind of long black cloak that completely covers him. He is quiet and I am quiet, but I want to get out because I realize this man is a devil. Most of the dream, I am seeking a way to escape, but at the end the carriage stops, and I get out.
@Steppenwolf2

I have alot of dreams like this, strange and absurd and a little morbid. I havent posted them on here yet, but I can relate to what you're saying here. The tone of the dreams is dark, creepy, and disturbing. When you wake up you are taken aback at yourself for being able to produce something like that because you can't explain where it came from. I can understand why you turned to religion after some of these for explanation or protection! Have you had other dreams like this since you became more involved in religion?

#21 ·
I often dream of end-of-the-world, post-apocalypse scenarios,
and even sometimes what it seems to be "other-worldly" realms and dimensions, just like in those vivid, fantasy RPG games.

"normal, daily-life" dreams is too boring for me.
this real-world can never match up to my highly vivid, imaginative night dreams
that I often wish I live inside the world & universe of my dreams, instead of this fucking mundane, boring, and Limited "real-world".
that's why I often wish The Matrix and The Inception is real.. a door to another multiverse/dimension, perhaps.
(one curious question: is astral projection/travel really real?...)

#23 ·
Cool thread. I like keeping track of my dreams whenever I remember them. I have recurring dreams which are often similar in themes and in the dreams I'm around strange people or a unknown place, lost, alienation or isolation, the street/outside, and can't find my way out of some building/store or place. The most recent recurring theme is commercialization/consumerism. I didn't notice this aspect until I started looking back at older dreams I wrote down. Most were subtle and not as overt as the other common themes.

Street

I stepped into an elevator and my older neighbor was there. I went outside and saw a young girl, maybe a teenager on a bike. She was a few feet ahead of me then she stopped when she realized that there were steps in front of her. She seemed confused and didn't know what to do. I looked around, and took another set of steps and right next to her was a sloped pathway painted grayish black. I left her alone and continued to walk. It was getting dark and I was probably lost. I didn't feel particularly safe because this street appeared to be abandoned and covered with inches of snow. I didn't continue. I didn't have any shoes which was weird since this is the first time I noticed I was barefoot and the weather in the dream seemed warm and summer like until I walked along this unknown street. I turned around, still lost. I continued to walk and it was no longer dark and the snowy street wasn't anymore. I saw a park and there wasn't any trees or grass besides rock and concrete. I looked around for a bit, other people were around and they seemed insignificant (because they were blurry). I left the park and I was still barefoot, this time aware of it and so were people. They gave me strange looks and weren't blurry like the people I saw in the park. I saw two buses and thought about taking one to get home or something and didn't.

Office, somewhat lost

I walked into an office or business and no one was there. I found an exit and left. I was walking home when I accidentally bumped into this turquoise blue sports car. There was a man in front of the driver side and a woman was in the passenger side. I never saw their faces. Then I noticed that the car was backing up while I tried to avoid the slowly moving car and narrowly missed being hit. Other people were there on the street crossing too and a woman was almost hit. I finally made it to the side walk without incident and it appeared that the two people were a couple, the man looked eerily familiar and like someone I saw before and he was with the woman who was almost hit by the car. He said the diver called her a bitch (me) in an almost muffled sound and seemed more concerned that I'll hear him. I continued to walk and the hours seemed different and went from night to day light and it seemed like I was lost and things were different. I saw a group of street performers dressed in orange matching top and a huge print out of the word Obsici (not sure what this means) . I noticed a prominent street sign which indicated that I wasn't lost and probably was close to home. The more I walked towards the sign the less prominent it got and turned very obscure. I saw a building I thought that I recognized and the closer I got the more obscure and less recognizable it became. I felt like I was lost again and the street looked strange.

Wouldn't astral project fall under lucid dream? Sometimes I suffered from sleep paralysis and maybe moreso when I was growing up. In one incident which I still remember vividly I fell asleep one night and not long after falling asleep I felt this pull or force and something I experienced the days before and always manage to wake up and fight off this 'pull'. This night though it didn't happen and I couldn't resist it. I heard electrical popping sounds and felt like I was moving and that my body was still. The pulling stopped and I was sitting upright. I felt like the upper half of me wasn't in the body anymore. I was too afraid to turn around and make sure. I said to myself that I should just lay back down again and when I did I heard the electrical sounds I heard before.

#26 ·
This would absolutely terrify me. All the nightmares I had when I was younger with the exception of the birdbath dream I mentioned in the original post were about animals or insects. Are you still having these dreams?

#25 ·
@cherryjane

I've often dreamt of water too! In one I was standing on a cliff in a humid tropical environment, I dove off the cliff into a huge body of turquoise water. I was underwater, but somehow didn't need to breathe. The whole dream was me floating underwater, warm, weightless, feeling the silkiness of the water against my skin, and admiring the blue color. Then I woke up.
I couldn't explain it either, but I had been drinking the night before and was probably dehydrated. ;)

#30 ·
I've had a recurring dream, since I was a 9 or 10 maybe. The only thing that changes in it is my age, I see myself as I am at the time I am having it. I'm living in this really tall 3 or 4 story house and at the beginning of the dream, I begin walking down this extremely long hallway. It seems to take so long to get to the door that I see in front of me. There is this feeling that as I get closer to it, it gets a bit father away. Once I finally reach it, I go inside and am blinded by the very bright yellow paint that covers the walls and ceiling of the room. I'm instantly drawn towards a large sliding door on the rear of the room. I open it and step outside onto a deck and when I look down, I get nervous at the realization of how high up I am. Then it kind of pans out and all I notice is how bright the grass is on the ground below and all of the wildflowers and their intense colors. I look up into the sky and am shocked at how blue and beautiful it is and then a flock of birds fly by, changing into different formations as my eyes follow them into the distance. That's when I begin seeing them. I notice a large hot air balloon heading right towards the space in front of me. As it gets closer, I'm so awed by how beautiful it is...the colors and patterns on it. It kind of gently floats, just out of reach and past the deck that I'm standing on. The people inside of it seem to be in slow motion. They appear so happy and content and smile and wave as they float by. Then I turn and notice the entire skyline, where the first balloon had just come from, is FILLED with hundreds of hot air balloons. More beautiful than I know how to describe. SO many different colors, shapes, patterns, sizes. The people inside them, some eating breakfast or drinking tea and nodding or smiling at me, some in top hats and old fashioned clothes, each balloon semingly filled with people from a different time period or era...all just casually floating by as if it is the most natural thing to be amongst a sea of balloons and slowly parading through the sky. I feel like a child inside, giddy from the beauty of it all. The vibrance of the colors and the boldness of all of the details, just fills me with joy inside. When I do wake up I usually lay there happy and peaceful for a while, with my senses literally throbbing. It's as if they have just been stretched and expanded more fully than they were ever meant to be. I wish I could have this dream every night, but instead have it 2 or 3 times per year. I'm just thankful it never truly leaves me. :)

When I was very young, I used to sleep walk a lot and would end up outside or trying to get up on top of furniture or things in our house. I used to imagine I was climbing up to somewhere...no idea where to though lol I don't sleep walk anymore but I do think I often talk in my sleep. I also have a lot of random day dreams. I love most of my daydreams, but they are definitely an awful habit and nuissance when you are trying to focus or pay attention to something. They get me into trouble sometimes!

#33 ·
Well I usually dream about wild animals -particularly tigers, dinosaurs and bears- and water/beaches alot. However last night, I had a dream that there was a godess in a river in the jungle taking me through an ayhuasca vision. I awoke feeling like I had fallen in love with her. It was a strange dream, but it left me with a good feeling when I woke up.

I think it's telling me that I should track down my friend who looks like the woman in the dream and see if she can get mushrooms....

#35 ·
it's always that i'm trapped in some place with a bunch of random school people in a bunker for the end of the world but for whatever reason i don't even aknowledge that the world is ending. AND wherever i am the sceanery is always ALWAYS made of extremely colorful playground obstacle corse equipment and jungle gyms. . . any ideas as to why that is? i also often dream in cartoon or drawing form.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.