Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a tattoo's been on my mind lately so I thought it'd be interesting to see what other INFP's have gotten.

So, what'd you get and what does it me/signify to you?

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I get too uncomfortable with the idea of permanence, finality and closure to get a tattoo. Everything I have ever considered wanting to get inked on my skin has changed over time. I inevitably became glad that I didn't act on the impulse. I think this is probably because of my Pness.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I get too uncomfortable with the idea of permanence, finality and closure to get a tattoo. Everything I have ever considered wanting to get inked on my skin has changed over time. I inevitably became glad that I didn't act on the impulse. I think this is probably because of my Pness.
This coupled with my fear of needles and whatnot keeps me from getting one. >< It's a good thing I don't really want one anyway. Though if I did I think it'd be cool if I could get a little simple striped possum design (something like this logo, but, y'know, more personalized or something). Striped possums are sort of the metaphorical representation of my personality, and they've held a special place in my heart for about a year and a half now. :proud:http://www.cafnec.org.au/images/caf_home_a1.gif

Reactions: SoniStone

·
Banned
708 Posts
Getting a tattoo's been on my mind lately so I thought it'd be interesting to see what other INFP's have gotten.

So, what'd you get and what does it me/signify to you?
My upper arm has an elaborately meshed dream catcher encircling a clock and paw print which is meant to symbolize both space and time in relation to the nature of dreams. Edgar Allan Poe's "Marginalia" was a major influence.

Tattoos actually aren't all that painful (depending on the location), generally it's akin to being constantly nudged in an already sore/deeply bruised spot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have any but some of my ideas:
Prometheus bringing fire down to earth on my back
A human heart - with an elegant feminine hand supporting it, and a gnarled ugly hand trying to grab it from above on my chest
And the greatest of all....The word BAR followed by a big star on my chest. Oh man that would be awesome. LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
I kinda always wanted a standard yellow smiley face...........of the Wal-Mart variety on the back of my left calf. To symbolize to me to dwell on good and not always be serious.

On the other hand the stronger part of me despises the idea of a tattoo. I like bass guitars with the naked glazed wood finish too.
Natural and classy :cool:

PS. my phisics teacher in high school we always thought he might be gay, or just it was obvious he was wimpy-nerdy. He was lovable anyway though... One day the AP physics teacher from across the hall asks him in front of the class
"Mr. Bird, why don't you teach AP?"
"I just dont, I dunno. I guess I just dont have AP-ness"
HA

·
Registered
701 Posts
A friend of mine recently got a tattoo of flowers all the way up her lower arm, and it actually looks pretty awesome... but what's that going to look like when she's 40? =/ I think it'd be kind of cool to get a tattoo, but yeah, I know I'll regret it in ten or twenty years. I'd rather get my hair dyed interesting colours, it looks cooler and blue streaks won't stay in my hair for the rest of my life. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I loove tattoos. I have two at the moment. And a third I'm drawing...but it's not ready yet.

My first tattoo is a flower that doesn't exist...the artist and I made it up on the spot. I don't have a picture of that one. I wanted it to be something imaginary because...well....I'm a dreamer!

My second is the artwork from my favorite album. This album had a profound effect on my life when it came out... As soon as I saw the artwork when I was only 14 I knew that it was the tattoo I wanted someday. Here's a pic...it's shades of blue:

The one I'm drawing is based off of this Emily The Strange artwork. It suits me perfectly because I'm always dreaming...crazy things going on in my head all the time. I'm using this art as an idea and the finished design will be more personally suited:

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
A friend of mine recently got a tattoo of flowers all the way up her lower arm, and it actually looks pretty awesome... but what's that going to look like when she's 40? =/ I think it'd be kind of cool to get a tattoo, but yeah, I know I'll regret it in ten or twenty years. I'd rather get my hair dyed interesting colours, it looks cooler and blue streaks won't stay in my hair for the rest of my life. :crazy:
True, but you'll have a lot of hair damage.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Getting one on my whole back of a tree mixed with a lion. Has a quote underneath the tree written out from the roots and a demonic man in black hacking away at the tree. It symbolises a whole lot for me, took 3yrs of chopping and adding stuff on it to make it perfect. Not scared of needles, have a strange love for pain in general lol. Also getting a little black cat (my pet cat IRL) sleeping on the tree :happy:
It's a very detailed piece and very trippy. I'll try to post the design here when I get a printer!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have three. The first one I got is on my left shoulder blade is of my cat surrounded by the lunar cycle which has waves around it. The second is in the front under my right collar bone and is an open rose surrounded by sun rays. I got both of these while in college.

The third and most recent is on my right wrist and has a trinity knot with a heart incorporated into it. There are black swirls that go around my wrist on either side of the knot and six stars (three on each side). The knot represents my mother, daughter and I since when we are together it is like we represent maiden, mother and crone. The heart is our relationship and love. The stars are all people (and a pet) that have died in our family and basically means that even when those we love die they are still with us.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have none right now. But I'm getting one soon.

This one:

Reactions: GoldenDawn and Acey

·
Registered
701 Posts
True, but you'll have a lot of hair damage.
That's true, but I still like it.:laughing: lol

The thing with getting a tattoo is that if I did get one I'd want it to be of something very meaningful, like my kid's name if I ever have one, or something like that.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts