Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an INFP, and not deluding myself into thinking I'm another type. However, I have ADHD-Predominately Inattentive and Sluggish Cognitive Tempo and take two different medications, one for anxiety and one for ADD, but I'm thinking of adding Adderall. The SSRI I take dulls my emotions and makes me more logical, and make calmer decisions, and one of the ADD meds's (Strattera) main benefits is seemingly to strengthen people's Judgingness. i realize that this is not really possible right now to completely reverse one's personality but I was just looking to discuss the possibility with stronger/more effective drugs/enhancements. Nothing against being an INFP, not against it or for it, its just me, though I always test INTP in mbti (Fi dominant on Cog. Function). INTJ has only two of the same functions and for an INTJ, my Te would be profoundly undeveloped, though my Ni and Ne usually test about the same, I don't remember which is slightly higher. My Si is almost as high as my Fi if not higher, so I'm not sure what I am, (though I'm sure I'm INFP) while under the influence. So I'm wondering whether anybody else can relate or give an opinion on the technical details of this question?

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Most cognitive tests have a poor understanding of Ni, so generally when you test high on Ne, your Ni scores are equally as high. I know mine are.

What function do you usually test lowest at?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ne is so dramatically different from Ni that is seems highly unlikely you could somehow switch over to INTJdom.

Addressing my ADD unfortunately doesn't make me any better at organic chemistry synthesis. That's the ultimate test of Ne vs Ni lol. All of my Ni dom or aux friends are brilliant with it. It's more of a struggle for Ne users since we don't think convergently or linearly. Are you good at following a series of logical steps to come up with a solution, or do you leap from one idea to another, generating more questions as you try to come up with the answer?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ne is so dramatically different from Ni that is seems highly unlikely you could somehow switch over to INTJdom.

My ADD treatment unfortunately doesn't make me any better at organic chemistry synthesis. That's the ultimate test of Ne vs Ni lol. All of my Ni dom or aux friends are brilliant with it. It's more of a struggle for Ne users since we don't think convergently or linearly. Are you good at following a series of logical steps to come up with a solution, or do you leap from one idea to another, generating more questions as you try to come up with the answer?
No, your'e right about that. I definately use Ne btw. I wish I my Ni was stronger though :blushed:

·
MOTM November 2013
2,702 Posts
Reactions: StaceofBass

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
People cannot change their MBTI type. Yes, it might seem like you're always preaching "Oh my God I was so outgoing back then now I'm just introverted" but the truth is, is that you're always the same type. The MBTI is said that everyone has both extroverted and introverted tendencies, the same with sensor tendencies with intuitive tendencies, etc. It's rare to be 100% one or the other, and over the years as we grow as individuals, one side will strengthen over the other. I was more outgoing as a child but I was never an extrovert. I can learn to be organized and neat but I'll never become an INFJ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts