Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your pet peeves or turn offs?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
agree, overdone compliments and telling me what you think I want to hear. Or thinking you have to be rude or harsh to tell me the truth.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Passive aggression is my biggest pet peeve with any person. It's enough that it is hateful and counterintuitive, but what is most maddening is that I can't detect passive aggression well. Even if I think I do, when I call someone out on it, they can very easily deny it because it isn't explicit enough to be proven. I highly respect people who can instead speak openly about their qualms in a constructive way. When two people have a problem, they should identify the problem in the open, determine how it could be fixed, fix it if possible, and move on together or apart. If you can't learn to get along and love without hidden demons of hate lurking around then you may as well not associate. Life is too short to deal with futile things like that.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Passive aggression is my biggest pet peeve with any person. It's enough that it is hateful and counterintuitive, but what is most maddening is that I can't detect passive aggression well. Even if I think I do, when I call someone out on it, they can very easily deny it because it isn't explicit enough to be proven.
This is a big one for me too. I find it difficult to respect people who play games like that.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Insensitivity, Intolerance, Inauthenticity. The dreaded "In" Trinity.:frustrating:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Too much cynicism really annoys the crap out of me.

Music elitists, people who think one genre is better than another.

Indifference towards animals is a huge turn-off.

Short hand texting/typing really makes me pull my hair out, for some reason.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Lack of authenticity - fake people irritate me to no end. It's like I almost have a radar for them , and I can immediately tell that they're not being genuine. I stay away from them as much as I can.

People who tell me what I'm thinking/feeling, or who try to downplay whatever it is I'm going through even though it's obvious that it's distressing to me. "Oh, everyone goes through that" --> :angry:

Materialism, yes.

Hypocrites, and liars. It's simple, I hate them.

Someone mentioned above, contrived and overly formal people. Yes. YES. My parents are like that, and I cannot stand it. It makes me feel so uncomfortable. Close minded people fall under that umbrella as well.

People who are very inflexible, and don't change easily.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Too much cynicism really annoys the crap out of me.

Music elitists, people who think one genre is better than another.

Indifference towards animals is a huge turn-off.

Short hand texting/typing really makes me pull my hair out, for some reason.
i got all of those on my list.especially the music elitists part and the short hand texting..

·
Registered
196 Posts
ow and religious bigots.and every other kind of bigot you could possibly imagine.

i hate materialists;i had a really bad experience with one such type.
inauthenticity is a big one.i can smell it in them.

lacking the sense of personal space.
and i know this might offend a few people,but im not a fan of anyone who is excessively feministic either..they just over-do it at times

Reactions: Sonne

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Passive aggression is my biggest pet peeve with any person. It's enough that it is hateful and counterintuitive, but what is most maddening is that I can't detect passive aggression well. Even if I think I do, when I call someone out on it, they can very easily deny it because it isn't explicit enough to be proven. I highly respect people who can instead speak openly about their qualms in a constructive way. When two people have a problem, they should identify the problem in the open, determine how it could be fixed, fix it if possible, and move on together or apart. If you can't learn to get along and love without hidden demons of hate lurking around then you may as well not associate. Life is too short to deal with futile things like that.

This.

Especially this part "If you can't learn to get along and love without hidden demons of hate lurking around then you may as well not associate."

smh.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Judgmental attitude
Close-minded attitude
unwilling to learn or try new things or see something from another perspective
people who buy into stereotypes
insensitivity to suffering
laughing at others' misfortunes
a sense of entitlement
someone who talks incessantly and never listens

among others...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Capitalism, consumerism (don't agree with communism either, just don't hate the principle, it's the people that control it).

Religious people who lost the ability to think for themselves, or when they can't have a normal discussion about it.

Fake and overly loud people.

People or groups who want to control each and every aspect of someones life.

·
Registered
350 Posts
-Judgmental people (ever noticed that it's mostly people who lack a lot of information about the topic or really religious people?)

-People who are too smothering nice and are concerned about your feelings and your well-being to an extreme;; it actually makes me really aggressive.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts