Personality Cafe banner

INFP/Type 4 slightly-crazy person here. (Please don't eat me!)

602 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  skycloud86 
#1 ·
Hey everyone :)

I have a tendency to ramble in these intro things a lot of the time, so I'll try my very best not to do that and bore everyone to tears. Erm... well, I'm a 27-year-old INFP and Type 4 female from Ontario, Canada. I've been more-or-less obsessed with personality analysis since I was a little kid; I recall being about 8 years old and spending ages at the local library reading books on the subject, checking out at least a dozen of them to bring home, and then curling up in bed with them for hours of endless nerdy reading, haha. Psychology has always been a closely-related interest of mine as well.

Let's see, what else...? Well, I'm a little crazy. I've been dealing with a number of mental health issues for years now, some since I was a little kid. (Quick rundown: Clinical depression, an eating disorder, OCD, BPD, anxiety/panic. I'm generally pretty open about these things... well, online at least.) I tend to sometimes get confused about where the line is between my mental health crap and my personality... though I suppose they're sort of two sides of the same coin, really. At any rate, mental health issues and advocacy are something I'm quite interested in and very passionate about.

Buuuuut... (hopefully!) there's more to me than that. I'm also a far-left political nerd, I'm obsessed with tea and dream about owning a tea house someday, public radio is pretty much my best friend, and music (especially that of the indie, folk, classic rock, blues and classical variety) is my lifeline. Music is like this... thing... that gives life meaning and makes it easier to understand myself and the world somehow. It's one of the main mediums, along with writing/language, that I like to use connect with other people. Though only dabbling casually in actually playing music myself (I just bought a bass seedpod ocarina as a belated birthday gift for myself, and used to be a French horn player once upon a time), discovering, listening to, and pretty much fully immersing myself in music (does that sound cheesy?) is my main outlet for... well, everything.

I'm married (no kids and never want 'em) and identify as bi-romantic and grey-asexual (aka 'grey-a', a term used in the asexual community to sort of describe the murky area between being asexual and sexual). That's kind of a mouthful -- and often difficult to explain to those who aren't willing to keep an open mind -- so I sometimes choose to simply say that I'm either asexual or bisexual depending on... er, I dunno... maybe how I'm feeling that day, the alignment of the stars, the colour of the shirt I'm wearing, whatever. :p Anyway, I probably relate more to the asexual side of things than the "sexual" one, and I've been an active member of the online asexual community for years now; that's how I met my husband, actually. I'm most definitely a typical introvert (with a wee bit of an extroverted side when I'm around those I'm really comfortable with), a huge perfectionist (often to my detriment), somewhat of a grammar and spelling nerd, and a bit of a hippie-at-heart. As far as the whole MBTI thing, there's sometimes been a little confusion in my mind as to whether I might be an ISFP instead of an INFP, but I think I'm pretty confident that INFP is more accurate overall. It's consistently been the result I've gotten on various MBTI tests since... gosh, since forever I guess. I'm pretty sure that was my result way back when I was a kid circling answers in library books with a pencil. :p (Also, I often tend to come off as a more extroverted and cheery/optimistic person online than I am in person; I'm actually incredibly super-crazy-shy and usually somewhat of a cynic. "Existential depression" is somewhat of a common theme in my life. Just an FYI.)

Anyway, I guess I'm kinda doing that ramble-y thing that I said I'd try to avoid... so I'm gonna go lurk (and maybe post!) elsewhere for a while. I hope to get to know some folks here and become a regular poster. I kinda wish I'd found this community ages ago!

Cheers :)

See less See more
#3 ·
I promise. We don't eat the new people.

You old timers, tho. Watch out.

Kidding! We're nice here. And we're all slightly crazy. (some of us more than others..)

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: basementbugs
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.