Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some INFP videos on youtube put up by fellow INFPs, trying to explain their feelings, who they are, etc. Watching these videos makes me feel better when I'm at my worst; seeing people who are like me makes me rediscover that I am not alone. Check them out, if you are anything like me :)tongue:) I'm sure you'll love them too. Here's one of the newest ones on there by a female INFP. Watching her trying to explain herself, being constantly distracted (so preoccupied with thoughts), makes so much sense to me as an INFP. I feel for her, as I feel like I am going through similar things.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
'I made one last year...." :happy: that's funny just because i had recently decided i would do a vlog everyday for 30 days (though i never could remember why exactly i decided to do this!) i only got through 3 days, the first one i was pretty much laughing in embarrassment the whole time, the second one was much like this, the third one i cheated as i got a phone call just as i was going to make it, so i just recorded me not talking but list listening on the phone, lol.

thanks though, this is fun to watch! reminds me of me when i was in school... !

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I already checked out most of these video's. I was in awe when I watched that girl in the last video talking. We share the same facial expressions and speaking patterns (wandering thoughts about what to say and what not to say, not even knowing what to say, not knowing where to start, going from one subject to another).
The thing she does with her mouth, putting her lips on eachother is something I also do alot.
When I talk to someone I try to look at them because I think people like being looked at when I'm telling them something or they are saying something to me, but when I don't remind myself of that I'm looking away a lot of the time during a conversation.

Reactions: susurration

·
Banned
366 Posts
That last girl"kastor",she's a member here on personality cafe .

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
A funny INFP? Why yes it is! This guy has got it going on:

YouTube - INFP personality type "My Favorite Books"
I got a kick out of that. He's so dry that I had a hard time telling if he was being sarcastic, or if he really thinks that those books are all that. End result: Very funny.

(By the way, I have been known on occasion to flip thru the yellow pages just for the fun of it.)

·
Premium Member
15,152 Posts
I liked him also. He's quite the performer and his accent..... NY! ...... I wish he would make more "INFP" films. I wish he would post here. :laughing: As one fellow INFP to another INFP (him), I wish him well.

I liked when he said something in the beginning like "you know, to find out you are an INFP... is like finding out you are multi-talented, sought after and despised at the same time..." also about the Bible - - > "it has footnotes and cross references here and there and tells you how to feel horrible about yourself...."

that's not exactly what he said but.... I was like, yeah... I hear what you are saying!

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i really liked this one, it's short and sweet :proud:

YouTube - INFP

and these too...

YouTube - I'm an INFP!

YouTube - INFP
That last girl"kastor",she's a member here on personality cafe .
anyone else notice she is another INFP without sheets on her bed. what's up with that?

Yeah, I first saw Kastor's video maybe around April. It was around when I first discovered being an INFP. Reminds me of a good time in my life :proud:. It inspired me so much that I almost made a video of my own... Almost:tongue:. Still afraid of just letting my identity be known. Maybe one day.

But yeah, I don't know what the sheets thing is about? Her room is messy, which reminds me of how my room ends up. It's funny because (I'm not sure if most INFPs can relate to this or not) I never consider myself messy, but when I look around I realize my stuff's all over. But I constantly feel a pressure, or obligation, to clean my room. Sometimes I will. But it's weird how when it isn't clean I always tell myself when I start my day, okay brush teeth, go to class, do "whatever class'" homework, and clean my room. Not like I state it, but in the back of my head I always want it clean, just don't really do it. Weeks sometimes months go by til I even do it. Maybe I'm just a procrastinator. Just throwing it out there to see if it is a worthwhile idea.

Anyways, back to the sheets. I'm like really obessive about having my bed made, but usually more so when I go to bed. No sheets is interesting, I've seen it done before. I need sheets on the bed... but I don't use them:confused: (yup, that's weird). I sleep on top of my blankets and comforter, with maybe a thinner blanket. I've done this for awhile now. It's not ideal when I think of it, but it's maybe just one of my many strange traits. I kind of miss sleeping in the sheets.
Any other INFPs have strange issues with their bed or how they sleep in it? I kind of like where this is going.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts

Electrical Storm
The sea it swells like a sore head
And the night it is aching
Two lovers lie with no sheets on their bed
And the day it is breaking

On rainy days we go swimming out
On rainy days swimming in the sound
On rainy days we go swimming out

You're in my mind all of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
There must be some way back
For love and only love

Car alarm won't let ya back to sleep
You're kept awake, dreaming some else's dream
Coffee is cold, but it will get you through
Compromise, there's nothing new to you
Let's see colours that have never been seen
Let's go to places no one else has been

You're in my mind all of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
There must be some way back
To love and only love

Electrical Storm
Electrical Storm
Electrical Storm
Baby don't cry

It's hot as hell, honey in this room
Sure hope the weather will break soon
The air is heavy, heavy as a truck
Hope the rain will wash away our bad luck

Hehhhheh Heheyyy yeay

If the sky can crack, there must be some way back
For love and only love

Electrical Storm
Electrical Storm
Electrical Storm
Baby don't cry
Baby don't cry
Baby don't cry
Baby don't cry

I'm not making any point here.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I already checked out most of these video's. I was in awe when I watched that girl in the last video talking. We share the same facial expressions and speaking patterns (wandering thoughts about what to say and what not to say, not even knowing what to say, not knowing where to start, going from one subject to another).
The thing she does with her mouth, putting her lips on eachother is something I also do alot.
When I talk to someone I try to look at them because I think people like being looked at when I'm telling them something or they are saying something to me, but when I don't remind myself of that I'm looking away a lot of the time during a conversation.
YUp, that's me! :D It's so weird seeing my video on here posted by someone else XD; It's cool though ^ ^

I knew I wouldn't be able to keep to any kind of script that I wrote (and it's just more genuine not to script it). I wish I could've gone on longer, but I drew a blank :/

I got alot of comments from other INFPs (and some INTPs) that said that they have the same facial expressions, fidgeting, etc.

I'm weird about eye-contact, too, I do the same thing.
I try to look the person in the eye while I'm speaking (but mostly when they're speaking to me) because I'm afraid they'll find me rude if I don't (it's SO uncomfortable, though).

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm weird about eye-contact, too, I do the same thing.
I try to look the person in the eye while I'm speaking (but mostly when they're speaking to me) because I'm afraid they'll find me rude if I don't (it's SO uncomfortable, though).

Yeah I'm the exact same way. Sometimes when someone is talking to me I try to focus so much on not being rude (trying to make eye contact) that I don't really hear what they are saying. If I'm in the moment it's okay, but as soon as it pops into my head it ruins the whole interaction.:frustrating:

·
Registered
191 Posts
oh i just read this thread and saw the videos. Are all INFPs so disorganised? Funnily i don't think we are it makes perfect sense to the individual. I once worked in a place and my supervisor was tearing his hair out as I was always considered disorganised.Could I find things fast. You bet. From the outside it must have looked like chaos
Anyway thanks for the posts and comments.

Have you noticed that unless we're acting INFPs expressions are very blank.

And for the poster who commented on drifting off into your own little world and not looking at people. I did that recently with a new friend I don't think they were impressed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi guys,I forgot to add about sheets and sleeping! With me it's weird I try to sleep with one arm and/or one leg out of my duvet so they are uncovered. Weird because as far as I am aware I cannot sleep unless all my body is covered

·
Registered
10 Posts
anyone else notice she is another INFP without sheets on her bed. what's up with that?

I am another INFP with sheet issues, hehe :tongue: I have the fitted sheet on the bed, but the top sheet always disappears under the front of the bed. Maybe I have multiple personalities?! :shocked: Someone should do a case study on this!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts