Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I read that the the INFP likes to thing of all the feelings they can experience the ENFP like to think about all the experiences they could experience.

What does that mean by feelings... are they saying the infp thinks about all the feelings internally they could experience or the emotions they can experience...
I think of what I would feel internally but also what I would experience when I think of for an example the idea of doing slam poetry.

When the ENFP thinks about the the experiences they could have does it involve their feelings while experiencing things ex.) I feel peace when I think of this. Or is it mainly experience and not so much taking into account their feelings

Also with not imagining possibilities but in making decisions I wonder... does the ENFP just do stuff cause they like to experience stuff or do they also think about how they would feel before doing it.

Today I went to the fence where I live to look out at the field cause I felt to... I also like how I feel when I do this. I did want to experience looking at the field though.

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
182 Posts
I believe the difference between the types is that when Infps are choosing something to do, they think "If I go do that I would feel this way, but if I do this i could feel that way." Where Enfps are more thinking of every possibility of the choice? So "If I go here I can do this, this and this, but if I do there I can do that and that." They are both based on emotions though, one being how would I feel? and the other being "if I can experience this and all of that I will be excited and happy."

If you are asking which type you are, I would guess INFP or at least something with high introverted feeling, maybe an ISFP. because you said you liked the way you felt when you went to sit on the fence.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,195 Posts
When I think of experiences, I think of experiences that can enrich my life. Say for instance, Burning Man—nearly all of my friends and people I know were so crazed by it- I never really gave it much thought mainly because #1) It's in the desert, #2) it seems very commercialized at this point, #3) it's starting to sound very hype, #4) it's rather hypocritical- burning down art statues in the middle of a desert, meanwhile trashing the place (a beautiful piece of serene land) just for 3 or more nights of mindless partying reminds me of hedonism, something the masses would do out of conformity. But that's just me- I'm sure there are different variants of ENFPs who do enjoy Burning Man and will rationalize it for many reasons.

Experiences for me are a wish and desire to fulfill something from childhood I always wanted to fulfill- to learn about the world in a way that wall add more dimensionality and more meaning to existence that doesn't require mind altering substances (although, cannabis is an exception- I don't do it much, but it does help with back pain- and I'm totally not against people doing drugs if they want to it's their choice).

There's a purity felt with new experiences- sort of like discovering something new, and if it isn't new, everytime we experience it, we do re-experience it as though it is new. So it's a combination of gratitude for that experience, and curiosity, mainly.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
When the ENFP thinks about the the experiences they could have does it involve their feelings while experiencing things ex.) I feel peace when I think of this. Or is it mainly experience and not so much taking into account their feelings

Also with not imagining possibilities but in making decisions I wonder... does the ENFP just do stuff cause they like to experience stuff or do they also think about how they would feel before doing it.
I can't tell exactly how INFP experiences the situation but I've noticed the difference is that they tend to stick more to what they feel about the situation in advance and are less prone to change that thought or decision later. Not saying it's bad in any way - it has its own strengths but sometimes it makes INFP look more stubborn as I've seen from couple of my INFP friends and you really can't change their mind :) As ENFP, I'm often "more open" to check the alternate ways as well, even when my first gut feeling about something isn't a woah-effect - also I can change my mind more easily if it's beneficial for any reasons.

When talking about experiences - lets say, there's a gathering or a party coming soon - I'd definitely think what it could offer to me and if I don't feel it does offer anything, I'd just skip it, even when the "social norm" requires that you need to be there :) So it seems to be not about having experiences only.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About checking alternatives. I try not to go off my feelings but its hard to except something ex.) Someone called me an ISFJ if I dont have a woah effect.
I may be open because eh maybe I'm wrong... but i won't embrace it as me because its lacks the inner revelation...
I say I may be wrong. But I reaaally don't think im wrong.

I like to look at other opinions just in case I am wrong or to learn of other sides... but I still have a deep feeling internally on what I believe or think.

I do change my mind often if I find a better way to do something that helps me emotionally or if I'm too tired to do a task I'll most likely get distracted or find something I have enough energy for... or spend loads of time thinking about possibilities of situations and how I feel. And why I feel what I feel and what I should do to move forward then i get lost in my thoughts again.

I do second guess myself a lot to... that can drive my looking at alternative ideas. Ill be like sure and then after making the decision to post something... then I'll be like. What if.

I know im not 100% right all the time. If its in regards to my faith I stick with what I believe look more into it in depth but force myself to look at other faiths so I'm not unaware. Then I force myself to look in depth at other faiths because I don't want to not be giving them unequal focus.

But I feel i lose a lot of energy looking outside what I connect with on a internal level.

I dont get energy from ideas... but I sometimes I just keep getting ideas.
And the excitement causes me to want to look into it. Cause what if.
But... I become super drained and my head hurts if I keep going going going.

But I may push myself more if its close to home such as I may be super tired looking at many ideas but if a friend needs my help I will push myself to help them. Suddenly getting energy to do that but also be burning out after. I'll be forcing myself to stay present for them.

So I dont get energy that lasts when I keep getting new ideas. I get a burst of energy but it runs out fast. Its like an illusion of energy. I get it but its not really... helpful to go long distance. Its not "REAL" energy.

Also about Si. Trying to figure this out...

When I'm really hungry I can't ignore it.
But if I'm really focused on something thats interesting I may miss breakfast or even lunch also cause my body doesn't tell me I'm hungry. ( this is probably not healthy)
The more focused I am looking into things or creating the more my body won't be telling me my needs.

When my body does tell me I usually can't ignore it. Such as I was getting a headache when hanging out with people and researching so I put on sunglasses. Making things darker helped me relax. i even starting turning off lights cause I was still hanging out with people. Just chilling look at quizzes not social event.
I do not get energy hanging out with people but if I feel connection it makes me want to stay even though I'm burning out.
anyhoo about the sunglasses and dimming lights.
I did what I could to keep going.
But I didnt full out ignore my needs when my body was telling me.

So idk about Si
I do push myself... but I also can't push myself long without making adjustments so I can keep going...

Enfp seem to not care about their needs and keep going. ( this is what I've found in my research)
Infp seem to do rituals to chill out.
idk if they push themselves with little adjustments or not.

I feel I am like in the middle.

Which is weird cause that isn't logical since ...you either lack si and its your last one or its second last.

So idk

I dont think its logical if Im infp AND enfp.
I had that thought of it being possible until I learn on how it may not be.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About checking alternatives. I try not to go off my feelings but its hard to except something ex.) Someone called me an ISFJ if I dont have a woah effect.
I may be open because eh maybe I'm wrong... but i won't embrace it as me because its lacks the inner revelation...
I say I may be wrong. But I reaaally don't think im wrong.

I like to look at other opinions just in case I am wrong or to learn of other sides... but I still have a deep feeling internally on what I believe or think.

I do change my mind often if I find a better way to do something that helps me emotionally or if I'm too tired to do a task I'll most likely get distracted or find something I have enough energy for... or spend loads of time thinking about possibilities of situations and how I feel. And why I feel what I feel and what I should do to move forward then i get lost in my thoughts again.

I do second guess myself a lot to... that can drive my looking at alternative ideas. Ill be like sure and then after making the decision to post something... then I'll be like. What if.

I know im not 100% right all the time. If its in regards to my faith I stick with what I believe look more into it in depth but force myself to look at other faiths so I'm not unaware. Then I force myself to look in depth at other faiths because I don't want to not be giving them unequal focus.

But I feel i lose a lot of energy looking outside what I connect with on a internal level.

I dont get energy from ideas... but I sometimes I just keep getting ideas.
And the excitement causes me to want to look into it. Cause what if.
But... I become super drained and my head hurts if I keep going going going.

But I may push myself more if its close to home such as I may be super tired looking at many ideas but if a friend needs my help I will push myself to help them. Suddenly getting energy to do that but also be burning out after. I'll be forcing myself to stay present for them.

So I dont get energy that lasts when I keep getting new ideas. I get a burst of energy but it runs out fast. Its like an illusion of energy. I get it but its not really... helpful to go long distance. Its not "REAL" energy.

Also about Si. Trying to figure this out...

When I'm really hungry I can't ignore it.
But if I'm really focused on something thats interesting I may miss breakfast or even lunch also cause my body doesn't tell me I'm hungry. ( this is probably not healthy)
The more focused I am looking into things or creating the more my body won't be telling me my needs.

When my body does tell me I usually can't ignore it. Such as I was getting a headache when hanging out with people and researching so I put on sunglasses. Making things darker helped me relax. i even starting turning off lights cause I was still hanging out with people. Just chilling look at quizzes not social event.
I do not get energy hanging out with people but if I feel connection it makes me want to stay even though I'm burning out.
anyhoo about the sunglasses and dimming lights.
I did what I could to keep going.
But I didnt full out ignore my needs when my body was telling me.

So idk about Si
I do push myself... but I also can't push myself long without making adjustments so I can keep going...

Enfp seem to not care about their needs and keep going. ( this is what I've found in my research)
Infp seem to do rituals to chill out.
idk if they push themselves with little adjustments or not.

I feel I am like in the middle.

Which is weird cause that isn't logical since ...you either lack si and its your last one or its second last.

So idk

I dont think its logical if Im infp AND enfp.
I had that thought of it being possible until I learn on how it may not be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts