Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have gotten into MBTI I have identified as an INFP because I make decisions based on a strong value system (Fi). I also have a rich inner world (Ne), and a direct communication style with a desire to excel (Te). My Si is interesting since I create characters based on prior personal experiences that I idealize. I do not feel nostalgia for the past and I have poor sensory awareness, but I do enjoy pleasures such as a good food or a hot shower. I also have a desire to improve (Se) and I have a fascination with figure skating and dance. My friends who are knowledgeable in MBTI say that I have polar Fe which is why they believe I am an IXTJ. I never saw myself that way, but it could explain my Se desires. According to this cognitive function test, I do use Ni more than Si. My tritype is 146 which I find accurate, my wings are 1w9, 4w5, and 6w5.

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.4)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.2)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.6)
excellent use

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Based on the information you've provided, it seems more probable that a type 1w9 would be an INTJ.
A rich inner world is more indicative of introversion, I think.

Question: Do you find that you have more trouble distinguishing between whether or not you're a T or F or do you have more trouble distinguishing between whether or not you're an N or S?

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
I definitely have a harder undermining if I am a feeler or a thinker.
It's much more likely that you're an I-J type or an E-P type than an I-P type or an E-J type. Essentially, I-J types have their thinking and feeling smushed together in the middle of their function stack, so it's harder to distinguish between T/F for them.

Given that I see you as an Introvert over an extrovert clearly, that your enneagram is type 1, and that you have trouble distinguishing between whether or not you use T or F, it's much more likely you're an INTJ than an INFP.

An INTJ's function stack is this: Ni-Te-Fi-Se
An INFP's function stack is this: Fi-Ne-Si-Te

One theorist (John Beebe) mentions the third function as the "alter ego". That means that an INTJ's alter ego would be dom Fi. I think this is why it's common for IXFPs and IXTJs to confuse themselves for one another.

The only thing I'd suggest looking at further would be ISFP vs ISTJ as well. You don't give me an INFJ vibe to any degree.

My bet is on INTJ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts