Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The “Just for Laughs” thread made me think of think of some of my weird childhood fears. Not sure if this has been done. If it has been...sorry.

I could have gone on much longer...these were my top 3.

1. Kidnapping/Alien Abduction:

I always thought I would be very lucky to make it to 11 without being either kidnapped by a stranger who knew my name... or, abducted by aliens and experimented on while sleeping. I was always very suspicious the few times I woke up in the morning with a bloody nose.

2. Angels:

Along with aliens...I was always really afraid I was going to see an angel before going to sleep every night. I felt guilty for not wanting to see an angel if it wanted to show itself to me though. I'm pretty sure this stems from my mother always telling me "angels are watching over you" every night before bed.

3. Big Butt:

I know... weird. When I was very young...like five... I would always pray to God to have a small butt and not a huge butt when I grew up. I was very detailed and specific when I prayed to God about this.

Ok, your turn! :tongue:

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I used to be scared of the Toilet at Night :X I actually wrote a poem my senior year of highschool about it but lost and forgot it. It was because when I was younger look who's talking was one of my favorite movies and in the one scene the toilet was evil and talked to him,My bedroom door had a door to the bathroom(My bathroom used to have two doors but the door that was mine is now covered up gone and forgotten) We used the light in the bathroom for a night light and I could always see the toilet it freaked me out so much haha.

·
Registered
328 Posts
1. Earwigs

I always thought these were the monsters from Ceti Alpha V which Khan would use to make people do his bidding. I would worry about them getting into my ears when I slept. Too much Star Trek for me.

2. Elevators

I really did not want to get squished between levels while walking out of them. Too much MacGyver for me.

3. Extermination by aliens

Aliens killed babies in a movie I saw with a fantastically bright light, or so I thought, but I would have nightmares about this. Too much The Dark Crystal for me.

I used to be scared of the Toilet at Night :X I actually wrote a poem my senior year of highschool about it but lost and forgot it. It was because when I was younger look who's talking was one of my favorite movies and in the one scene the toilet was evil and talked to him,My bedroom door had a door to the bathroom(My bathroom used to have two doors but the door that was mine is now covered up gone and forgotten) We used the light in the bathroom for a night light and I could always see the toilet it freaked me out so much haha.
Yes!! I remember that! That was scary as hell!!

And Tremors! And Gremlins! Urg!!! those scared me!

·
Registered
216 Posts
1. Being kidnapped/abducted by aliens

My parents let me watch X-Files when I was young... every Sunday night. I'd get so scared from this, I swear, I'd stay up with the light on and they never understood why I was so scared to go to sleep. Also, my parents are very ehh, how do you say, paranoid as fuck? They are overprotective and paranoid even though we live in a normal town, and always acted like we lived in the city or something. Very irritating. So, they passed this onto me with their constant fears of me getting kidnapped somehow.

2. Falling off the map in a video game

Can't really explain this one, but it's really weird. I don't like how I'm right there, in control of a game, and then there is a malfunction and you see everything underneath that made the game possible. I just don't like seeing the guts of a machine, if you will. Even I don't fully understand it. I guess I'm just scared of messing too much with a computer -- probably my dad's weird paranoia and caution with computer stuff growing up.

3. Escalators

I was always terrified of falling off or being crushed by an escalator, even though my mom says I used to love going on them when I was young. I'm still kind of nervous when going on these, and there was a point where I used to not even go on them. It was more so going down that made me scared, because I was scared of having a limb hurt by the stairs.

4,757 Posts
Not necessarily weird per se

- I was afraid of being in the house alone. There was a time when I would constantly be shouting for my parents to make sure they hadn't left the house when I was in another room.
- I was afraid of still being in the shopping center when it closed up
- I was afraid of sleeping in a room alone. I had my own room but I insisted on sleeping in the same room as my brothers.
- There were certain types of places around dusk and during the night would make me really uneasy
- I was afraid of walking around outside myself
- I was afraid that my parents would forget to pick me up (a pretty reasonable fear given my parents were always so late for everything)
- I was completely afraid dogs.

So yeah, I was a super sensitive child.

Now I'm the complete opposite and I'm not cautious enough :proud:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Alien abduction is number one on my list of childhood fears too. My Dad took me to Disney world and I was afraid of the mascots, I thought aliens were trying to use them in a plot to abduct me!

Number two would be fire.

Number three, giant mutant insects and dinasours!

·
Registered
134 Posts
1. Aliens
Watched quite a bit of alien movies. Had nightmares about them.

(Might be a little odd for some, not odd for others) 2. Clowns
They look so odd...

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
1. The sound of a toilet flushing
2. Dying in a video game
3. Multiple tornadoes sucking the whole town up and killing everybody
4. Being abandoned (in any situation)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I was terrified of Santa Clause... I remember my mom taking me to the mall to "meet Santa" and have my picture taken and he just looked like a big, scary, gross old man!! I wanted nothing to do with him...

I was also terrified of the monsters living under my bed!! I was positive if any body part hung over the side they would pull me under the bed and eat me.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was terrified of Santa Clause... I remember my mom taking me to the mall to "meet Santa" and have my picture taken and he just looked like a big, scary, gross old man!! I wanted nothing to do with him...

I was also terrified of the monsters living under my bed!! I was positive if any body part hung over the side they would pull me under the bed and eat me.
Haha. I don’t blame you…Santa still kind of gives me the creeps!

L

·
0 Posts
water- if i could not see my hand in it, then there was a possiblity that something could eat me in there(ths means bubble baths freaked me out.) this fear still lasts today, cept only regarding the ocean and lakes.

being killed by dolls- i really dont now why that is

a toilet flushing-my brother made me thin that it could suck me in.

sharks-i saw jaws, got freaked out, kno i like em :)

and lastly

ovens- i dont now why though

yeah.....i was a paranoid child

·
Registered
392 Posts
1) Cannibals. I used to have a recurring dream of cannibals chasing me.

2) Witchdoctors

3) Centipedes. I'm still horribly afraid of centipedes, even though they are so easily (and gloriously) smushed.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Goldfish.

When I was younger, I had a dream that a goldfish jumped out of its bowl and killed my mom with a blanket...?
It made a repeat appearance in another dream, only that time it had a machine gun. (Yeah, I know.)

:crazy:

I was basically traumatized. And had this irrational fear of goldfish for the longest time.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Chuckie. That scary doll thing from Child's Play. I used to be scared of opening my closet and finding him standing there... or walking in my house at night and turn on a light to see him somewhere, like on a chair just waiting for me. Now those kind of fears don't bother me though... I just remember it's all made up lol

And Bloody Mary... wow I wouldn't even go in bathrooms at night.

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
And Bloody Mary... wow I wouldn't even go in bathrooms at night.
Oh man.....I had forgotten all about her. She scared me SO bad.

I was also afraid of the Headless Horseman from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow...pretty much any scary story I heard when I was little would keep me up at night.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mummies, for a period of time, I refrained from calling my mom, mummy because I was afraid that she would turn into a mummy.

Barbie dolls. I used to respect and admire this girl whom was older than me, and took what she said as gold and the truth. She told me she had a surveillance camera in her house and she saw a video of her Barbie dolls crawling out of their boxes and to her kitchen to nibble on her sushi. I was so freaked out that I hid my Barbie dolls in this remote corner and swore never to touch them ever again.

My mom's toilet. Man that was one of the scariest place when I was still a kid, because whenever I entered the toilet, suddenly the towels will fly and wrap around me, and the toilet bowl cover will fling open to say 'Hello' to me and all of a sudden the toilet becomes alive in a nasty mean way... gosh... I was so frightened, I ran out of the toilet, crying to my mom. I grew up only to realize that it was my overactive imagination working against me... sometimes, I still feel like my inanimate objects would spring out to life and say 'Hello' to me and in the darkness, my computer chair looks scarily like a docile lady.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Chickens-my neighbour had some and they scared me!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts