Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a couple of Enneagram tests and have come up with 7w4, 5w4, 4w5, 1w2... Am I really such a mix? I've answered the questions below:

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Following my passions, taking risks, exploring new places, new experiences, variety, seeking knowledge, understanding those who are marginalised and challenging injustice.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I want to be happy rather than successful. I don't want to follow the crowd.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I want to avoid being materialistic, vain or money-driven. I don't want to settle for being a cog in a system. I don't crave power but I do want to be able to control my own life.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Admitting that I'm wrong! Not having a voice or being able to express my principles or stand my own ground in a conflict.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I hope people see me as creative, down-to-earth, good listener, not a sheep, principled.
I see myself as a perfectionist, worrier, knowledge-seeker, independent.

6. What makes you feel your best?
Being and laughing with people I trust and love, reading and researching my own interests, enjoying the arts and nature. I enjoy people time but also need private time.
What makes you feel your worst?
Injustice, time-wasting, losing control, people's criticism.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
I am quick to anger, especially when I see injustice or I am judged.
I feel embarrassed when people think I am hypocritical or inconsistent.
I am a worrier and internalise problems and dwell on things.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
I enjoy working on adrenaline but usually try to remove myself from stressful situations.
I enjoy change and am adaptable.
I am very argumentative in situations where I feel confident but in general I find conflict very uncomfortable. In public I'm a people-pleaser.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
I am suspicious of both and tend to root for the underdog. I have a lot of respect for just leaders who seek fairness and do not use coercion.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I am an optimist. The world is a beautiful place and the bad bits can hopefully get better.

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@ife_cook
I think you're 7w6>3w2>1w2 So/Sx
Edit: ever considered ENFP? your post indicates more prominent Te than I would expect from most INFPs, and you seem only moderately introverted (INFPs are VERY introverted; ENFPs range from extroverted to moderately introverted)

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I saw 1, 6, 7 and 9 tendencies. Imo your head fix is a 6w7 or a 7w6. Gut fix between 1w2 and 9w1. Heart..well I can't tell that one. Info is limited.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
On second thought, much of the words used did specify a questioning of consistency in actions, as 6s question their thought more highly. I'll change my likely answer to 1 and second most likely to 6w5.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you - yes you're right. I did different Myers Briggs tests and I was sometimes ENFP too. Maybe I'm on the cusp but if extrovert ranges all the way to moderately introverted then I'm ENFP I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Wake. By people pleaser I mean I care a lot about how people perceive me. This affects how I act sometimes, e.g. I don't speak up or disagree in order to avoid conflict. This annoys me a lot as I am so principled! Thanks for your thoughts, the same types keep coming up so I'll look into them further :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts