Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will go with patchouli. Never was there a time when I came into my room after eating a very tasty dinner, inhaled some patchouli, and gotten an overwhelming feeling, in my belly, of wanting to vomit a little.
Patchy is there for me for life.

·
Registered
417 Posts
There's this cologne that smells so familiar, but I don't know where I've smelt it, and why it smells so familiar.
I also love the freshgrassdew combination and the smell of mist. Generally, mist doesn't have an odor, but it's kind of like the tiniest bit like cucumbers and the rest is just cold humidity up my nose.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
this is one of my favorite cologne smells...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Fire - the smell of a good campfire is so relaxing to me. I told a friend this once and it got us wondering whether or not they make fire scented candles or if that would be too redundant. (But if they don't exist someone should definitely make them because that burning wood smell is awesome and you just can't get that from a regular candle.)

·
Registered
715 Posts
The smell of rain, of my boyfriend, of gasoline, of a musty basement, of fresh laundry, of my mother's perfume on her coat, and of a spring day.

Really, any smell that evokes emotion. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
This is going to sound weird, but I really like the smell of skunk.
Hhhmmm I think I will have to affirm your assumption that others may think your preferred scent is a wee bit weird, not that there is anything wrong with that; it's just uniquely you. :) Why skunk? :confused:

Okay person who likes the scent of campfires, if you're in the U.S., try shopping at Bath and Body Works. They have some unique scents and I wouldn't be surprised to find that they have one scented like that. I know they have one called "Leaves," and I just think that later in the Fall or Winter they may have one closer to a fire scent.

I love vanilla or anything mixed with vanilla. Overall sweet smells, food are always good. Also love Pine or any Christmas-smelling tree.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
The smell of coffee brewing in the morning.
The smell of wet grass and flowers after a storm has happened the night before.
The actual smell of rain.
Cigarette smoke.
Forests.
Freshly cut grass.
Salty wind from a nearby beach.
Smell of a new car.
Gasoline. (OH HUSH, I know it's bad for me, but I can't help myself!)
The inside of Barnes n Noble stores. :crazy:
Smell of new books.
French vanilla.
Clean linen.
Violet perfume/soaps/hair products/etc.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I hate to just restrict this to one, since I have no number one. So I will break this and go with a few.

The smell of a summer or warm morning, but the downside to it is that it has to get so damn hot when it happens. I hate that.

The smell of rain, or any moist or water environment. Very nostalgic. Well everything that is smell related is nostalgic almost.

The smell of chimney smoke during a winter night when I am riding my bike home.

The smell of boiling vegetables, it inspires creativity since it takes me back to 1997. Hard to explain why.

The smell of a professionally cleaned and repainted apartment. Too bad the smell wears off after about two weeks.

Used to be the smell of tar (in small doses), since it reminds me of my good days as a kid.

Cigarette smoke.
You would love to live my life. I hate that nasty smell to the point were I am even thinking about writing a poem about it. I will end up doing it though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The smell of rain, of my boyfriend, of gasoline, of a musty basement, of fresh laundry, of my mother's perfume on her coat, and of a spring day.

Really, any smell that evokes emotion. :)
^This . I find that I also like aromas that bring back memories. ^^ Like the smell of people who are close to you.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts