Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off...this might be totally off base. But, I'm curious.

I have slightly wide set eyes... I've been called doe-eyed a lot of times...I've noticed the last few INFP profile pictures I've come across the people also have a slightly wide eye set as well...

Again...this could of been totally random but I though I would ask...

INFPs....do you have wide set eyes?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds cute~ I would be surprised if that wasn't a spurious association except in case having wide set eyes leads to nurture patterns which encourage people to develop INFP personalities with higher frequency ... stranger things happen, but I'm pretty sure my eyes are set about average in distance, although maybe closer, as my face is not wide. Then again, maybe I am not an INFP ... :unsure:

Hey though, you should count yourself lucky for your eyes. For sure.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kinda sometimes. When I have a cup of coffee in the morning my eyes are wide the whole day. People are just like, "Whoa, I never noticed your eyes were so WIDE!" o_O
I'm just like "Uh...thanks?" l:
Omg...ROFL! I just mentally pictured that in my head...Thanks...:laughing:

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
Erm, I honestly don't know! (Hey, I've only had this body 25 years! :p)

*checks in mirror*

I think they're about average :S

·
Registered
90 Posts
It makes sense that a personality type would be linked with physical characteristics.

I read a study where a panel of people were shown photographs of people and asked how smart they looked. The results were as accurate as a written intelligence test for the person in the photo.

The evidence is fairly clear that mental characteristics can be connected with physical features. This doesn't prove that INFPs have wide-set eyes, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

(I find INFP women extremely attractive.)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Erm, I honestly don't know! (Hey, I've only had this body 25 years! :p)

*checks in mirror*

I think they're about average :S
lol...it's pretty easy to tell...far apart eyes give a person a slightly alien type look.

E.T. is a good example of an extreme case. E.T. is also a fellow INFP.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It makes sense that a personality type would be linked with physical characteristics.

I read a study where a panel of people were shown photographs of people and asked how smart they looked. The results were as accurate as a written intelligence test for the person in the photo.

The evidence is fairly clear that mental characteristics can be connected with physical features. This doesn't prove that INFPs have wide-set eyes, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Hmmm...that's interesting...

:wink:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

Do you have a link to a website about the study? That just blow my mind:crazy:

Lots of people tell me I have wide eyes.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't think my eyes are wide. However I often look confused because I have no idea what's happening around me and it may make my eyes look wider.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think my eyes are slightly wider than normal, but I always like to play it up in photographs :p I think big eyes are cute. Like babies <3

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought it was the other way around - that extroverted people had their eyes set wide apart... A prejudice perhaps... My eyes are rather big and set somewhat close to one another...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here is a link to that study I referenced:

Looking Smart and Looking Good: Facial Cues to Intelligence and their Origins ? Pers Soc Psychol Bull

Google scholar is a great resource. For those of you who haven't discovered it yet, it's the best thing the internet has to offer.

Also, while I was searching for that, I found another study that attempted to connect big eyes with honesty:

"Wide-Eyed" and "Crooked-Faced": Determinants of Perceived and Real Honesty Across the Life Span ? Pers Soc Psychol Bull

However, the results showed that real and perceived honesty were not connected.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts