Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi INFPs (and all sorry for the partial loyalty) I'm really here to learn. I'm 19 and a sophomore in college. At Lafayette College and not at all a typical fit here. Most of the people are SPs and SJs that are super closed minded and judgmental socialites. International students and the other "rejects" are the best here.

If you've got anything to share that you've noticed about us INFPs that may help fitting in a social realm or.. anything for my INTP roommate (we get along incredibly well, it's funny how it all works out)
Also I can't handle very well the pressure from my parents to do stuff over the summer... and finding a major and all. I'm currently a Spanish major with no major career plans brewing. Any ideas!?:crazy: thanks<3

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hey there! :)

I may not have the best advise about fitting in, because I rarely try. I've learned to accept who I am, and be comfortable with the fact that I will not always fit the program for the SPs and SJs. But it's totally ok to make friends with them, just as long as they understand you will not change yourself for their approval or amusement. They most likely will respect you for this, and you can make great friends (although you can't let your guard down, because they will constantly be trying to test you to see if they can manipulate you in some small way)! :p

I find it's really cool to be an individual who can get along with all people (which we INFPs can be pretty good at, being as we aren't all that judgemental), and mix and mingle with small groups of all cliques. You can create fun aquaintances that dwell on one or more topic of interest, and maybe even a few deep meaningful friendships with your "favorites."

Sorry this is all kinda general, I can't think of any specific advise to give you, just that you don't let the fear of not being accepted get you down. :) There's always someone who will love you for who you are in all your cute little quirks.

As for your major, you have a couple of years to decide so don't start freaking out quite yet. Try pursuing your favorite classes and you might find your answer somewhere in there. I'm still debating mine as well, but I loved all my psychology classes, so I'm thinking of pursuing something in psychology. Summer's easy. The sunshine will call out to you, and it will be hard not to find something to do. Parents sometimes view mulling over thoughts as non-productive so go for a walk with your thoughts or to the swimming pool. Or you could try and find a fun summer job.

Ok, that was a lot of suggestions, but I hope you found something helpful! And enjoy your summer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.