Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I am around an ISTP (one in particular), I find myself saying the weirdest things. Stuff that is just inappropriate for conversation, I think because I am nervous and I am also just compelled. I don't talk my head off, though. Just say creepy stuff out of the blue. wtf?? The ISTP in question has no idea how to react to me, I am thinking. I just hoping I amuse him enough for him to keep being friends with me! I hope you guys think that's charming, that's my only hope!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Are you asking about your situation? Or about ISTP-INFP relationships in general?

Reactions: Starfish

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I was wondering about INFPs and ISTPs in general----how annoying or amusing the conversations can be, since our brains are from 2 different worlds.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a good INFP friend who can sometimes begin babbling like that. It confused me a little at first.

But I don't really mind as I think it's just because she's nervous as we haven't talked in a while, or something similiar to that. Pretty soon the awkwardness disappears, and I begin to have some of my deepest conversations with her.

So no, 99% of the time it's not majorly annoying. I usually take the opportunity to wind her up about it. :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I just found out a (male) friend of mine and my husband is an INFP so I'm considering the interaction between the two of them....the INFP talks enthusiastically about things and my ISTP husband usually just laughs at shakes his head in a bewildered nature. They've been friends for years though so clearly it's not a proble. :happy:

·
Registered
743 Posts
INFPs seem to keep their distance from me, so I don't really know any well enough in person.

·
Registered
912 Posts
My bf is ISTP. He thinks I'm crazy sometimes, and I think he's insane sometimes. But usually we're both pretty amused/mystified by each other's behavior. Thank goodness neither of us are very judgmental in spite of our differences!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My bf is ISTP. He thinks I'm crazy sometimes, and I think he's insane sometimes. But usually we're both pretty amused/mystified by each other's behavior. Thank goodness neither of us are very judgmental in spite of our differences!
This is why the xNFP/ISTP relationship works. We're all laid back enough to live and let live.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I haven't met a confirmed INFP. Personally, I don't mind bizarre comments. I could see myself just laughing and shaking my head in that situation.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suddenly get Tourette's Syndrome around ISTPs-----I'm glad you guys put up with it and don't just walk away, which I know is a distinct possibility!!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Have two good INFP friends. Even though the change from ST's I was used to before meeting the first INFP was pretty shocking because I never expected a human being can have so many feelings, I like them a lot. I like their weirdness and they introduced me to a lot of alternative stuff. So way to go, INFPs! :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
INFPs...hrm...the only INFP that I've met in real life...can't stand...she always came to me with her problems..and cried alot..for no reason....sigh....so i disappeared...to many emotions for things that I can't relate to.....and is it just me or is talking about female's period something you usually don't have a conversation about with a guy?...yeah she talked about stuff like that..I'm just like ok..and would ignore her till i heard some keywords that interested me....and the question I hated the most from her.....What are you thinking about your so quiet....I'm always quiet unless I'm doing something I'm interested in.....

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
^^Yeahhh....I don't even talk about that with a girl. TMI!

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Registered
294 Posts
amusing? don't know. cute? YES. freaks? maybe. annoying? YES. in a good way. :p

i have met one INFP on the internet. he is confirmed INFP, because i asked him to took the tests. he's a great friends, i can have deep conversations and find it completely comfortable to talk about my feelings with him. but i need to watch out my words so that i don't indirectly hurts him, since he's a strong Feelers. so, yeah, i considers E/INFP as great friends.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
....and the question I hated the most from her.....What are you thinking about your so quiet....I'm always quiet unless I'm doing something I'm interested in.....
Lol. that's really funny because I always ask my ISTP boyfriend what he's thinking or how he feels. Y'all are like statues! I can't get beneath the surface..drives me crazy :tongue:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Lol. that's really funny because I always ask my ISTP boyfriend what he's thinking or how he feels. Y'all are like statues! I can't get beneath the surface..drives me crazy :tongue:
The problem is most of what we are is already on the surface. What you see is what you get. Now don't get me wrong we do have a few things we keep to ourselves but not a whole lot if you ask questions most of us are open books if you give us no reason to dislike you we don't run at the mouth about ourselves except here in the forum maybe with like minded people.....just don't step on the lawn..if its a secret don't try and get it out of us it only ends badly.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Exactly as Galldune is saying, but please don't dig too deep. Not long ago, I became really disturbed because of two friends trying to analyze me. I told them to stop it, because it was really uncomfortable, they forgot about the personal space and I felt like in a psychologist office and they told me that they're doing that because I want to talk about myself, because I'm an open book etc. But from my point of view, the interaction was like this: they gave me a question and because in my perfect world people give questions only when they're interested in an answer, I answered. But by the fifth-going-on-fifteenth question I became bothered because there was no practical reason for that interviewing.

And don't ask us what we're thinking or feeling. If we want to express it, we will ;) (On the contrary with INFP's who yearn for this question :D)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Once in awhile it bothers me how non emotional ISTPs are, being married to one, there had been a lot of misunderstandings in the past, but mostly I am *relieved.* I'm emotional enough for two people and I'm not even comfortable with my own emotions. Having to deal with someone elses would drain me quickly. Though sometimes I know that there is more to him than he's willing to admit or cares to discuss, we've gotten good at reading each other that we can tell what the other needs or doesn't need. Ha. I feel like a thinker trapped in the mind of a feeler sometimes. If that makes any sense, which I don't think it does.:tongue:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Once in awhile it bothers me how non emotional ISTPs are, being married to one, there had been a lot of misunderstandings in the past, but mostly I am *relieved.* I'm emotional enough for two people :
Amen, sister :wink:

It's a been a bit hard for me with my ISTP, because I like to delve deep into people like INFP's generally do. But since I've learned about his personality type, I've started trying to talk in direct ways with him, and that actually does open him more to me. Probably because he actually gets what I'm trying to say lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts