Personality Cafe banner

INFPs and appreciating realness and fakeness in the *stars*

[INFP] 
1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Carbodarah 
#1 ·
the stars over time have gotten less real. more fake. more fake speak, less real talk.
back in the day we had quite a few who were not trying to live up to a persona and image. they got famous because of who they really were.
feel sad about it?

#3 ·
Reminds me of this silly, catchy pop song that I like:

"I can't act, I can't dance, I can't sing, can't you see? But I'm young and I'm pretty and that's all that you need."

Reactions: Forever_me
#10 ·
I've worked on some famous people and some are egotistical. Others try to prove to you that they are real. I started being a little fake to be liked but it's stressful not to be yourself. You need to be you in all circumstances, never think you're better than anyone because that's just wrong. Everyone should be respected and loved equally. We're all in this together.

#15 ·
I'd find it kind of strange to find lots of INFP responding with any real interest in celebrities and how they choose to live, but maybe that's me. This is the kind of thing I'd expect the most from us:

and

I rather follow the stars of my own dream world, than these star wannabees (no offense!) Personally, my dear friends are my stars, that I admire and learn from. They care for me (and I for them), unlike these media-made "stars."

Don't take me wrong, I do admire a few people, but would never consider them "stars" at any rate. Great creators, artists, perhaps. But I reserve the "star" spot for a few special people in my life.

To answer your question, there have been always been proud, fake people in this world, and only few so called "stars" are worthy of their "stardom." Perhaps I am being too harsh, so please forgive me... I just stand by my two paragraphs above.
Personally I've felt the same as both of these responders, but I'm also inclined to say that society is tough enough on people that I'd rather not judge celebrities as being 'fake' at all, if acting a certain way is what's required to keep their jobs and in a way avoid the worst of what the public can say about them - although I'll certainly give that there's some celebrities that would be more concerned about that than others. (I'd say people in regular jobs encounter the same kind of issue and respond the same way.) Not to mention, they probably have tons of publicists telling them how to act and how not to act! I think if I were in that situation, I'd put on the right face and go bitch about it behind the scenes, so I'm in no place to talk lol.

#12 ·
I rather follow the stars of my own dream world, than these star wannabees (no offense!) Personally, my dear friends are my stars, that I admire and learn from. They care for me (and I for them), unlike these media-made "stars."

Don't take me wrong, I do admire a few people, but would never consider them "stars" at any rate. Great creators, artists, perhaps. But I reserve the "star" spot for a few special people in my life.

To answer your question, there have been always been proud, fake people in this world, and only few so called "stars" are worthy of their "stardom." Perhaps I am being too harsh, so please forgive me... I just stand by my two paragraphs above.

#13 ·
The stars are actually quite human, as long as you read between the lines.

#14 ·
I look at celebrities as cardboard people. I know this isn't exactly fair, as I used to know a girl who is a millionaire and actually she was a rather nice, though kind of screwed up person. I also met a supermodel through the same friend (these are NYC folks) and she seemed refreshingly self-effacing. Meeting these people actually made me feel happy not to be famous...

#17 ·
um...apparently many movie stars n' actors are actually INFPs! So, it's kinda funny that people are hating so much on celebs. So i guess I more hate the game more than I hate the players.

btw @Carbodarah if there was a "dislike" button I woulda totally pushed it for your last comment.

#18 ·
I'd find it hard to believe that a real MAJORITY of stars and actors are INFP, although I'm sure there's plenty. I dunno if many INFPs are really inclined to like each other that much though .. XD based on what we've individually determined as important to ourselves, there can be a lot of dissonance. I totally agree with hate the game more than the players though. <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.