Personality Cafe banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi!

It took me +50 hours and 5 failed exams to get my licence. Driving was for me the hardest thing ever. I often ended up my lessons crying. It requires so much concentration, doing many things at the same time, and the drivers often make me nervous, because they are aggressive and drive too fast. I can drive now, but long rides and highways make me really anxious.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congrats on getting your drivers license. It took me three times to pass the written test, but I was lucky with the driving test and passed the first time. After I passed it took me about a year to start driving even though I had a car. Truthfully I prefer having someone else drive. I get lost a lot even with navigation. There are times when I just get lost inside. I haven’t got into any accidents yet but I usually just miss those turns.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I just got my license the other day after a miserably failed first attempt. I pretty much barely passed - I screwed up some things that I normally did well under the stress of it - but the instructor was pretty much like "ok, so just know your limits and don't do anything wild like driving at night" and he passed me anyway.

I would say I have always been a bit scared of the concept of driving given you can kill yourself/other people at a moment's notice simply by turning this wheel thingy too far to the left or to the right. But I've gotten a lot better at it through my instructor's help. I also pursued my license much more slowly than other people (I'm 23) since I don't have much interest in using it for anything, except maybe work. I'm not a very exploratative type... physically.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
No intention of driving and never will. Too many cars on the road in my opinion. I live and work local and live a minimalist life and I'm happy with that. People also assume if you don't drive then you rely on everyone all the time. I never have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't like driving, but I do have a driver's license. The hardest part was parallel parking. I like to be lost in my thoughts instead of having to pay attention.

·
Banned
20,076 Posts
I don't think I can drive, I either pay too little attention to the speedometer or too much attention to the speedometer.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts