Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before my gf (ESTP) met my sister (INFP) she saw my first few posts on this and said 'it's a miracle'. I informed her it was my sister since we made this page but she used it at first. She seemed disapointed.

So she finally met my sister again. My gf knew my mother better than me and my sister so my sister was insanely jealous and acted bitter towards my girlfriend, which upset my girlfriend a lot.

After having a deep heart to heart the two became friends. Now they get on like a house on fire. As much as I'd hate to admit it they have amazing chemistry, contrast but compliment each other despite the major difficulties they faced and they enjoy eachother's company more than they should .

Is this the way ESTPs and INFPs get along or is it because my gf has a thing for sensitive, passionate girls? :( She often tells me my sister is like the cuter version ofme (she'd be teasing but I know she means it :( )

How do you get along with ESTPs?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, from personal experience this combination has never worked. My brother seems very much like an ESTP and I find his arronance astounding. I'm not trying to marginalize all ESTPs, my brother might be an unhealthy one, hell, I might be an unhealthy INFP, but I've always found him very cold and sarcastic, and quick to laugh at the misfortunes of others. He probably thinks I'm too emotional and spacey. We just see the world very differently.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey assbis.. nice name by the way XD

Haha your girlfriend really knows how to flatter you,doenst she? I have an ESTP friend and I consider him to be one of the greatest friends I've ever had. Gets me thinking on the right track and his humor is out of this world. Love him so much. You are absolutely right in just the right functions contrasting eachother so the two types fight together perfectly.. the two types seem genuinely curious about eachother.

All depends on the specific characters involved though, obviously.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
lots of estps love me..... 5 guy friends are estps. They all hit on me...... it's wrong.... it shouldn't happen...... we are men. I however am not terribly THAT into estps. They are fun but not... like attractive.... like.... well.... the ones I've met.... I don't see as relationship material at allll. Just flippin good friends that are loyal.

Reactions: Aßbiscuits

·
Registered
63 Posts
In general, I like ESTPs a lot. They are great people to debate with(they are intelligent have great thoughts, but they contrast mine greatly. Its interesting to hear and argument for a point of view that I might not consider). They often have a biting sense of humor, which I find to be hysterical. They are to the point, but their perceiving preference makes them so much less stressful than ESTJs. They're stimulating, but not too much.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I've only ever really known one ESTP, but his life and mine became very entwined. Too much... but that's another story. Anyway, he and I just really admired certain qualities in each other, and brought out sides of each other that were hard for either of us to develop on our own.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Well, biscuits, I have an ESTP friend; he's my only ESTP friend, and we've had our differences. We enjoy each other's company a lot, though. We're actually better friends than I would have thought ever possible at first. I underestimated them at first. I also got jealous of them (To this date, the ONLY type I've been jealous of). We're complete opposites, right down to the fact that his perceiving is positive, while mine is negative (which is perceived as just truthful) most of the time. After we settled our differences, it turns out we make a pretty good combination.

We may not always get along on the outside, but we do see eye to eye inside.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ive heard of plenty of sucessful pairings with these two types. It seems that the ultimate 'player' loves being continually romanced by the ultimate 'romanticist'. With the pairings that I have seen it seems to work out because of all the things each other does not have the most. Usually ESTPs can get guys like nothing, but the INFP is more choosy, making their conquering hard.

I'm not sure about any specifics, but I also see that ESTPs love the 'sweetness' of INFPs and INFPs like the sexiness and exciting lives of ESTPs.

I have also heard of this first impression that INFPs don't really like ESTPs when they first meet them or only know them on the surface. They have to be able to spend a little more time with each other to experience the attraction.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I really like ESTPs. I've hooked up with mostly ESTPs as well. :crazy: ESTPS are so damn sexy, I can't help myself... but on a friend scale, we get along real well! We always end up having heaps of fun and shit. They're crazy. I'm crazy. Good combination, I say!!

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Personally, extps' have been some of my best friends. I like that their energy tends to pull me out of my head. I'm the one saying "common now, let's be sensible. I know x, y, z is going to happen, and it's a bad idea" and they tell me to stop being so uptight. I always end up giving in to them. I am quite childlike and playful, and it doesn't take much for someone to drag that out of me. If I don't have one in my life, or in a group, I feel it lacks a bit of 'zing', y'know?

I think it takes a breaking down of a few walls first, but exxp's, lets face it, they are attractive to a lot of people, and unless they are total aholes, they tend to be easy to get along with. I know some really loving estp women; so easy to approach, loyal to a boot and so affectionate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts